Chapter 3: Elber the Kind
222 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Preparing on using the beast's remains to satisfy his hunger and thirst, he paused as the carcass shattered into a violet luminescence of dazzling sparkles.

The glimmering performance danced in the air before rushing his way. With great alarm, Brigan attempted to escape, seeking to avoid the trouble before it happened.

However, even with knowing that it's always better to be cautious when facing the unknown unless one had the confidence to overcome it, it was a useless effort.

He was completely overwhelmed as an instinctual urge made him examine his state. Following it, he received another message from within, shocking him further.

Brigan Heartforce
Race: Human
God Title: None
Genotype: Ordinary
Genophase: 1%
Geno Art: None

Viewing this telepathy message just raised more questions than answers. Even more critical, with the beast dissolving spontaneously, he lost his source of nourishment.

Still with his body laid bare to all, he took a few hours to honor his deceased comrade as he apologized for his subsequent actions. "Sorry for this Old Man, but you should understand it's used better on the living."

That's right, with little to no shame, Brigan 'borrowed' the torn green clothes before burying his dead friend.

___

Hours passed by as a black-haired youth in his mid to late teens sprinted in a valley searching for food and water. His youthful but handsome features exhibited an extreme urgency in every step.

Taking a moment to shield his eyes from the approaching sunset, he lowered his hand as warm winds blew his green torn garments with a large claymore resting on his back bobbling up and down.

This panicking youth was Brigan. His eyes were bloodshot as he searched in vain. More so, for him to be seeing a magnificent landscape of a flourishing valley like green hills, it lacked its authentic necessities for the place, making it appear illusory.

'Where is the water' became a mantra as he felt reality set in. Just as he thought of going primitive by using his body's 'water,' he caught a glimpse of purplish liquid on the horizons.

Filled to the brim with anticipation, he expressed more enthusiasm as he increased his pace. In a short time, he reached the area to see a river of purple water. In his haste, he lost sight of his surroundings as he kneeled before its bank.

With hands descending to swoop up a drink, a startled voice stopped him. "Wa-wait! Unless you plan on dying, I won't do that if I were you!" Shifting his line of sight, he noticed a slouched middle-aged man in black speaking.

More peculiar was the man's thumb inserted into his mouth. "Is something wrong with the water?" Looking back at it, he felt nothing amiss for the water to be a different color. In fact, most were different colors on each planet.

"The young people these days. Look further up." Pointing at the water almost leaving the human sight, Brigan saw dead rows of small fishes laying on the land. "What?!"

He couldn't have been that excited to miss something that obvious right?

"Young man, do you have a name? Wait, apologies! Where are my manners? Call me Elber the Kind or Elber for short." Given how the man helped him out just now, the name was well earned. "You have my thanks also. I am Brigan, nice to be met."

Nodding, Elber motioned to have him follow. "You look to be starving and in need of water. Up ahead is the village Sunless where I live. There, we can chat further on a full stomach."

Thankful, Brigan was all for tagging along. As they walked, Elber began taking glances while trying to stay from being exposed. In time, his eagerness won over his patience. "Is the weapon on your back a God Weapon? It's hard to tell because I don't see any resonation between you."

Debating on how much to spill, Brigan gave in since he could tell God Weapons had a uniqueness that made them distinctive in contrast to conventional weapons. "Yes."

"I see, I see..." Elber fully lost himself in his murmuring. Not thinking too deeply on the topic, Brigan continued following the man which upon he witnessed the large village reach their sight.

If he had to classify the image, he would call it a fortress instead. The village was structured of a hard compound, ranging perhaps more than twenty kilometers. Being the usual size of a large village, instead of wood making up the housings, it was an alloy similar to metal.

Fencing around the area was an enormous steel gate with two doors. On the top edges possessed sharp spikes, making it hard to climb over if one had the ability to overcome its height in the first place.

"Welcome to Sunless Village! Let's get moving." Proceeding forward, they were cut off by the two warriors standing guard while each owned a war spear and light armor for protection. Right away, their eyes centered on the only weapon in view carried.

"Halt, His Excellency don't allow strangers inside the village. Pay the entry fee or turn back." Wanting to refute the demand, he paused since Elber also was in consensus regarding their order.

"Young Brigan, this is normal. Considering you don't have money, handing over the weapon temporary as a loan won't cause a big deal. Later, I'll help you retrieve it from the village leader." Still worry but believing Elber had good intentions, Brigan grudgingly accepted the decision.

Once inside, the nighttime lights helped guide them to Elber's house. There, they got comfortable as they began discussing the situation. "First, take this cup of fresh water. You're going to have to wait for a little on the food to finish."

"Thanks!" Grabbing the cup, it was the same transparent shade of earth's water.

Taking a seat across from Brigan, Elber took a bit of time to gather his thoughts before he started the questioning on what he wanted to know most. "Now, how did you attain a God Weapon?"

1