562. Unknown Otsutsuki
241 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It was me who injured you in your current state!"

Jigen's body trembles as Izuna gazes into his eyes.

Memories from distant past flashes past his mind. A black-cloaked figure slowly overlaps with Izuna's figure in his memory.

"So, it was YOU!!"

Isshiki grits his teeth in hatred. For the first time, he shows a semblance of emotion. 

'I won't get rid of him for now, since I still have some use for him.' Izuna prepares to seal Isshiki away.

Isshiki's temper flairs up and his expression turns dark. A purple-black aura slowly rises from his body. He overcomes Izuna's suppression and breaks free from the restraint cast by Izuna.

"Interesting!"

A slight change occurs in Izuna's facial expression.

"So, this is another use of the Kama seal."

Izuna senses another consciousness slowly descend and take possession of Jigen's body. 

'So, Otsutsuki can use Kama to summon another member of the Otsutsuki clan to temporarily possess their body.' 

Izuna recalls his previous battles with the Otsutsuki clan members.

'Looks like this summoning requires some preparation and conditions to fulfil. Previously, I killed them without any fanfare.'

"Seems like your status in your house is definitely not low."

Izuna scrutinizes Isshiki again.

The upper society of the Otsutsuki clan is quite complex. The Otsutsuki Royal family is divided into several houses. The Otsutsuki clan members possess several divine techniques and ocular Dojutsu like the Byakugan and Rinnegan are a common trait among them. Other than these two Dojutsu, each house possesses their own powers.

The Usagi House, which Kaguya is a part of, possesses the Rinne-Sharingan. Isshiki's Issunboshi house possesses the unique eight-spoke wheel eye with the powers to manipulate the dimensions of the object. Then there are also various extremely rare divine eyes like Senrigan and Jõugan which grant God-like powers, awakened by very few members of the Royal Family.

Suddenly, an overwhelming aura erupts from Jigen's body.

Izuna turns serious and gets ready to fight a fierce battle. If the previous Isshiki wasn't in his consideration, then the current aura from Isshiki's body is slightly threatening to him.

'I might have to get serious in this fight!'

Shiing…

A massive yellow Byakugan appears behind Isshiki. Izuna could feel a terrifying gaze locked on him.

Soon, an avatar of an Otsutsuki figure descends onto Isshiki's body. Unable to bear the flow of the tremendous power, Jigen's body breaks apart and shatters.

When his soul is about to be consumed as a sacrifice…

Shiing…

Izuna activates the ability of his right eye. The Kaleidoscopic pattern in his Reigan flashes with a gleam and Izuna seizes a transparent orb from Isshiki's body.

The transparent orb morphs into Jigen. A portion of the transparent soul is stained with black marks. Tears overflow from Jigen's eyes as he finally escapes the cruel fate.

"It has been hard on you, monk!" Izuna pays his tribute to Jigen.

Back then, he could have ended Isshiki's life for good and prevent Jigen's suffering. However, everything was a part of destiny and his actions might affect the fate of the shinobi world.

"Don't worry, since that day, I formed a bond of karma with you and I will now repay it."

Izuna uses the power of his right eye to cleanse the corruption in Jigen's soul. The Kama is an extremely powerful divine technique since the founder of the Otsutsuki clan created it and thus it's extremely hard to get rid of it. Also, Jigen's soul has been in contact with Isshiki's Kama for such a long time that the corruption almost completely eroded his True and secondary soul.

The true power of Kama lies in the fact that it could even alter the almost untouchable True soul of the host to the appearance of an Otsutsuki. As such, if Izuna didn't interfere, Jigen would cease to exist in both body and soul. This means that the world will completely forget Jigen's existence in both the past, present, and future. This is the power of an Omnipotent Divine technique.

After removing the corruption from Jigen's soul, Izuna sends his soul to Pure Land for reincarnation.

"I hope you will find peace in your next life." Izuna silently prays for Jigen's soul.

Jigen also casts a grateful gaze at him and bows in gratitude before his soul disperses and ascends.

Meanwhile, the Otsutsuki elder behind Isshiki makes an appearance. Only a portion of his power descends in the form of an avatar in the unknown dimension of Izuna.

"Isshiki! Why did you summon me?"

The Otsutsuki elder casts a supercilious gaze at Isshiki.

"Elder… I!"

Isshiki's soul condenses in front of the elder. He lowers his head in shame.

"I failed your expectation!" He sighs.

Shiing…

The unknown Otsutsuki activates his Byakugan and extracts information from Isshiki's memories.

After gazing at Isshiki's pale face, the elder's expression turns sombre.

"Not only did you fell to such a pathetic state. You didn't even complete the mission assigned to you. I didn't have high expectations of you to begin with. But now…"

The elder shakes his head in disappointment.

Isshiki only clenches his fist and hides the bitterness in his heart. Nothing went according to his plans.

Initially, the Issunboshi house brought him an opportunity to leave the confinements of the clans. He had some talent and potential. So, the house assigned him a mission while growing stronger outside the influence of the Otsutsuki clan.

The clan has already decided on a mission partner for him. The target of his secret mission was this small world in a remote dimension.

There wasn't anything special about this world except that a few millennia ago, there was a major battle in this dimension. Out of various worlds, only this small world survived the disaster.

Isshiki won't pay any heed to battle since they are a common occurrence. However, the battle in this dimension was special since it involved the Shibai Otsutsuki.

After this battle, Shibai Otsutsuki betrayed the clan and turned into a traitor. The clan sent several powerful figures to subdue him, including some powerful elders. However, Shibai killed them all and permanently destroyed their Kama seal, thus barring them from any possibility of resurrection.

One of Isshiki's ancestors from the Royal family also participated in the battle against Shibai Otsutsuki. He survived the brutal battle and escaped to the clan.

However, after the battle, the behavior of the elder changed. During his battle with Shibai Otsutsuki, he discovered a shocking secret. So much so that it shook him to the core and made him doubt the bearings of his clan.

Thus, his lineage passed the secret to the rest of their descendants. Since then, their branch has been desperately searching for a method to break free from the shackles.

So, when Isshiki came to this world, he thought he could calmly lay down his plan. Discover and reclaim Shibai Otsutsuki's body and study its secrets to break his shackles. However,

Isshiki raises his head and glances in Izuna's direction.

The Otsutsuki clan elder, who was secretly paying attention to Izuna, finally turns towards him.

"Is this person the reason for your failure?" The Otsutsuki elder asks calmly.

Isshiki's lips tremble. However, the elder understands the meaning.

"Very well. I will deal with this insect and return to the clan. Unfortunately, from now onwards, the Issunboshi house will detain you in solitary confinement for the next millennia."

Izuna's lips pucker up as he listens to the blabbering of this Otsutsuki elder and Isshiki.

'They don't even put me into their eye. In their eyes, any being from lower dimensions is even lowly than the insects.'

Ahem…

Izuna clears his throat to get their attention.

"He won't be leaving this place, and neither are you," Izuna speaks in an arrogant tone.

The expression of the Otsutsuki elder turns ugly.

"An insect dares to be cocky in front of me!"

Shiing…

The eyes of the Avatar release a blinding light.

Hmm…

"A divine grade Genjutsu?" Izuna raises an eyebrow.

Shiing…

His Rinne-Sharingan deflects the Genjutsu. The unknown Otsutsuki is startled by Izuna's counterattack.

"That's the Rinne-Sharingan of the Usagi House! Who exactly are you?" He demands in a commanding tone.

"He is a member of the branch family of the Otsutsuki. Kaguya betrayed me and married a native of this world. He is her progeny." Isshiki spares the details.

"You can't even handle a branch family member with such impure bloodline." The impression the Unknown Otsutsuki elder has of Isshiki falls even lower.

"There is something strange about him. I was able to suppress him last time. But he used a strange divine technique to overpower me. As for now…"

Isshiki recalls his earlier conversation with Izuna.

"That's enough!"

The pattern in the right eye of the unknown Otsutsuki changes. A dharma wheel with eight spokes appears in his eyes.

Shiing…

He targets Izuna and attempts to seal him. Izuna looks at the Unknown Otsutsuki in amusement and allows him to continue his attack.

'So, my speculations were true. The different houses of the Otsutsuki royal blood aren't truly united. Besides the conservative, radical faction and neutral faction. There is another faction that wants to rebel and separate from the Otsutsuki clan.''

Izuna recalls his interactions with the different members of the Otsutsuki clan so far.

Momoshiki and Kinshiki were from the neutral faction. Urashiki was from the conservative faction. And that idiot Otsutsuki, whom he met earlier, seems to be from the radical faction. And now, Isshiki and this unknown Otsutsuki are from a hidden rebellious group. The water sure is running deep within these two different clans.

Izuna recalls his experience in the Astral demon clan. He spent a considerable amount of time in the Astral demon clan. That clan also has a similar power struggle as the Otsutsuki clan.

Kishin and Jashin even betrayed the clan to join the Abyss, another violent and crazy group.

********************************

A/N:- The fated battle between Izuna and Madara is here. Join my pat reon at:

www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife

to read it in advance.

9