573. Stubborn Friendship
152 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other side of the battlefield,

Kakashi leans against a rock, resting to recover his chakra. Obito's body lies beside him, his life and death unknown.

"O-obito!"

Kakashi looks at Obito, then glances toward the battlefield. Just now, he witnessed the sealing of Ten-tails by Naruto and the group.

"They did it!"

Kakashi heaves a sigh of relief. He attempts to stand up, but his body refuses to move.

"Looks like it will take me a bit more time to recover. Gai is also down."

Kakashi glance at Might Gai snoring beside Obito's body. He is laying still as a rock while releasing thunderous snoring sounds.

Kakashi inserts his hand in his holster and takes out a small device. He presses a few buttons on it and connects to the HQ.

"Shikaku-san, it's Kakashi here! How's the situation on the battlefield?" Kakashi enquires.

"Naruto and the group successfully sealed the Ten-tail while the secret group is fighting against Madara."

"Madara!" Kakashi glances at Obito and clenches his fist. Kakashi disconnects the call.

"I hope things go smoothly."

Poof…

Soon, a massive cloud of white smoke envelops the battlefield, and seven massive-tailed beast appear.

"Huh!"

BOOM…

A loud explosion echoes throughout the battlefield. The roof of the massive dome-shaped barrier present at the other end of the battlefield cracks open.

Shoom…

Kakashi notices a small shadow flying out of nowhere and lands amidst the tailed beast.

Bang… bang… bang…

The next second, several explosion echoes throughout the battlefield.

"This isn't good!" Kakashi's expression turns ugly as he senses the chaos.

The elite shinobis of the Allied Shinobi Force fled in all directions.

Shoom…

Soon, a powerful repulsive force outward from the battlefield, and the seven-tailed beasts are sent flying in all directions.

Boom… Bang…

A massive body made of sand crashes at some distance from Kakashi.

"SHUKAKU! SHUKAKU!"

Kakashi calls Shukaku to understand the situation.

Huh!

Shukaku slowly turns his head while grimacing in pain.

"You are that white-haired guy with that black-haired kid." Shukaku recognizes Kakashi as a colleague of Izuna.

"What just happened on the battlefield?" Kakashi nods his head in acknowledgment and asks Shukaku.

"It's Madara. Somehow, he has acquired the Rinnegan… the real Rinnegan, not the fake Edo Rinnegan."

Shukaku grunts and slowly stands up.

"I have to get back to the battle." Shukaku charges towards the battle.

"Things aren't looking good!"

The trembles from the battlefield could be felt all the way to his location.

Kakashi notices several giant purple chains wrap around the tailed beasts. Soon, the beasts disappear from the battlefield.

After a while, even Eight Tails and Nine-tails appear on the battlefield with similar chains.

"If Eight tails and Nine-tails are also here, then does that mean…" Kakashi's expression turns ugly.

"Naruto, I hope you are alright!"

Rumble… Rumble…

Soon, Madara summons the Ten tails.

ROAR…

A powerful roar echoes across the battlefield, producing powerful shockwaves.

Swish… swish… Slam…

Kakashi makes a series of hand signs and slams his palm on the ground.

An earth wall erupts in front of him, protecting the group. The shockwaves subside after a few seconds.

Poof…

With a massive cloud of white smoke, the Ten-tails disappear from the battlefield.

Shoom…

Suddenly, a chill spread across Kakashi's spine.

"This feeling… it's even stronger than Obito."

Kakashi clenches his fist. His instincts warn him of an extremely strong being. 

"All combat and non-combat personnel still present on the battlefield evacuate as far from the battlefield as you can. This is an order of highest priority. Abandoning the battlefield won't be considered desertion. So, I repeat, all shinobis evacuate as far as possible from the battlefield."

Suddenly, Kakashi receives another message from the HQ.

"As expected…"

Kakashi grits his teeth and slowly stands up. He grabs Obito's and Gai's bodies with his hands and pulls them away.

Ugh… Agh…

Obito and Gai grunt. Both of them slowly open their eyes and notice Kakashi struggling to move them.

"Kakashi, there is no need to drag me with you. I am already at my rope's end." Obito shakes his head. But Kakashi ignores him and continues to drag him away.

"Kakashi, what just happened?" Gai frees himself from Kakashi's grip and stands up.

"Gai, how is your condition?" Kakashi asks him.

"I have recovered from most of the fatigue after the consecutive use of the Seventh Gate. If I use it again in this state, then I am afraid I will spend a month in the hospital."

Gai grabs Obito and slung him on his back. With his other hand, he supports Kakashi. The duo continues to flee the battlefield as Kakashi narrates the situation to Gai in his absence.

Gai turns to Obito and asks him.

"How are you still alive after the extraction of Ten-tail and Rinne-Rebirth Jutsu?"

Kakashi is also curious to know.

"The Ten-tails' Jinchuriki is slightly different from the other Jinchurikis. Not only does it grant the user a massive amount of vitality that almost makes him immortal, but it also gives access to the Six Paths Sage Mode. This energy is more potent than the normal chakra or nature energy." Obito slowly explains.

"The extraction of Ten-tail did take its toll on me. But the vitality I absorbed during that time gave me enough lifespan to last another five to ten years."

"Then how come you are on the verge of death?" Gai enquires.

"Resurrecting Madara sapped me of all my vitality. It even took a portion of the Six Path's chakra I absorbed. Because of this, I can only live for a few more hours. Even now, I only woke up because of the resonance of Madara's Six Paths Chakra with my own. So, there is no need to drag you with me and slow yourself down." Obito shakes his head.

"Madara has already achieved his goal. If you delay any further, you will get caught in his plan." Obito insists.

"I won't abandon you a second time." Kakashi resolutely shakes his head, silencing Obito.

"The Kakashi I knew wasn't this stubborn!" Obito sighs and leans against Gai's back.

"Time changes everything!"

Suddenly, Obito's expression turns ugly.

"Kakashi, RUNN! Madara is coming for me to get back his eye."

"No, I won't abandon you. Even if it means I will die here."

"Kakashi, it's not the time to be so stubborn." Obito's expression turns ugly, noticing Kakashi's resolute expression.

"Gai, please do me a favor and escape with Kakashi!"

"I think it's too late! He is already here." Gai turns towards a streak of light in the air.

"Then just destroy my left eye. With this, he won't be able to complete his plan."

"Found you!"

Madara notices Obito and Kakashi. He leaps towards them.

"Damn it!" Obito grits his teeth.

Fwoosh…

Kakashi recovers enough chakra to activate his left eye.

Shua…

He sends Obito away to the Kamui dimension.

"Sixth Gate: Gate of View: Open,"

Gai instantly opens the Sixth gate. The powerful chakra emitted from his body repels Kakashi and even stops Madara in his tracks.

"Hmm… Another user of the Eight Gate Formation!"

Madara curiously stares at Gai like a rare specimen.

"The color isn't red, so this isn't the eighth gate!" Madara recalls an event from twenty years ago, where a shinobi opened the Eighth gate and destroyed the entire entourage of Seven Mist Swordsman."

He witnessed the entire battle after sharing his senses with the Zetsu.

"Gai, you!" Kakashi grits his teeth.

"Seventh Gate: Gate of Wonder: Open,"

Gai crosses his arm in front of his chest.

"Hmm… blue sweat! So, it's still not the final gate."

Gai clenches his fist and releases an air punch in Madara's direction.

Swoosh…

Madara raises his black staff and blocks the attack.

Swoosh… swoosh…

Gai circles Madara at full speed and rains a barrage of attacks from all directions.

Bang… bang… bang…

His punches blast a hole through the ground and lands on Madara's body.

HAAH…

Madara creates a small shield made of Truth-seeking orbs around him. The air punches explode on it, dealing no damage.

Gai flinches slightly at the sight.

"If that's the case…"

He clenches his fists. A blue and green aura wraps around his arms. Gai waves his arms in a circular motion.

"HIRUDORAAA!!"

After compressing all of his aura and energy, he blasts it forward in one singular attack.

ROOAARR…

A massive white tiger with blue and green eyes leaps at Madara with its maw open.

"Haha… Interesting! Very interesting!"

For the first time, Madara feels a sense of threat from the incoming attack.

"This attack has the potential to kill me?!"

He raises his staff in front of him while shrouding himself with the Truth-seeking Orbs.

BOOM…

The massive white tiger explodes upon contact, releasing an enormous air pressure spanning several kilometers engulfs Madara, pushing him to the other end of the battlefield.

Cough… cough…

Gai's knees buckle down and he almost falls to the ground, coughing out some blood. The blue and green aura around him disperses as he returns to his usual state.

"GAIII!! Are you alright?" Kakashi shouts in worry.

5