23. Team Minato
17.7k 20 356
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A/N:- Check out my Patreon for more advance Chapters:-
www.patreon.com/Forgottenlife
-----------------------------------
I smiled at the distant back of Sakumo as I muttered to myself,
“Looks like things are going to change drastically in the future. I have to prepare myself too.”
One month passed in the blink of an eye,
From my second day onwards of the academy, my shadow clone substituted me in the academy. I will go to the forest near the training ground 3 and practice my Shurikenjutsu and Ninjutsu skills. In the evening, I would train with Kurenai in Genjutsu. She is my perfect test subject for practicing Genjutsu. 
On our first training day, she tried to prank me with a genjutsu but I reversed it on her with my Sharingan. From that day onwards, she had turned docile and would willingly practice with me in Genjutsu. My skills with genjutsu improved very quickly as I could cast genjutsu on Kurenai again and again. Kurenai is a fast-learner when it comes to genjutsu and I was surprised by her progress. Before it took her thirty minutes to dispel my genjutsu, now she could dispel it in just twenty minutes. Her genjutsu are getting stronger too. 
Uncle Shinku Yuhi was somehow able to get a few genjutsu scrolls from Kurama Clan. I got the benefit of learning them with her. The Genjutsu of the Kurama Clan was different from Uchihas. Our genjutsu techniques affect the five senses of the victim but the genjutsu of the Kurama clan was because of their bloodline and it affects the brain of the user. He also trained me in Kenjutsu twice every week. 
‘What he just did was hand over a wooden sword and a scroll with few moves like Swing, Slash, and chop and asked me to get proficient in them while he corrects my posture.’
I didn’t feel tardiness with the training but the continuous practice of these three moves for two weeks did tire my mind out. Again after two weeks he gave me another scroll with three other moves and asked to practice like usual.
Today, I was practicing in the forest while skipping the classes as usual. There were five targets marked at different angles in the forest. I closed my eyes as I began to focus my concentration.
I took five kunais in one hand and five shurikens in another. I threw up kunais in the air with my left hand, as they began to fall, I aimed my shurikens at them and began to throw them towards the kunais to direct them at the target. 
Clank… Clank...
Sounds of metal colliding with metal echoed as four of my kunais hit the target but I missed the final kunais from bullseye as it was hidden behind a stone. I could have used my Sharingan to predict and aim properly, but I refrained to do so. 
What would be the point of Shurikenjutsu training, if I used my Sharingan to train in it? I wanted to hone my other senses and improve my cognitive abilities. In future battles, a moment of hesitation or bad decision could cost me my life. Training other senses allow me to maintain the balance in my body and I won’t be too reliant on my Sharingan. If I would ever go to a mission, I wouldn’t hesitate to decisively land the killing blow by using the Sharingan. Training and real battles are after all different things.
Clap…Clap…
The sudden sounds of clapping startled me as I turned around to see the new-comer.
The newcomer had blue eyes and spiky blonde hair. Two jaw-length bangs of hair hang from both sides of his face. He wore a standard Konoha uniform with two bands on both of his sleeves, a green flak jacket, a blue forehead protector, and blue shinobi sandals.
He clapped his hands as he praised me, 
“You are pretty good kid. Your skill with Shurikenjutsu is the best I have ever seen on someone of your age.”
‘Fuck! Isn’t he Minato? What is he doing here? He would report my absence in the academy to Hokage. I must run.’
I ignored Minato as I began to run in the direction of Uchiha compounds. But could I outrun the fastest Shinobi ever alive, obviously not?
I was caught in the blink of an eye, as my face got buried into something. I felt something soft pressed on my face as I struggled to get free. I began to suffocate as my struggle intensified.
“You are suffocating him, Kushina! Leave him from your embrace.”
I felt the grip around my body loosen as I started to breathe heavily as I looked in bewilderment at the newcomer Kushina,
A fair-skinned woman with a slender build, violet eyes and red hairs appeared in my vision. Her hairs were straight as they reached her thighs with shoulder-length strands framed on both sides of her face and black clip parts her hair to the left. She wore a high-collared sleeveless blouse under a long, loose-fitting dress with a wristband on her left wrist and standard shinobi sandals.
“Come on! Minato. He is so cute, I couldn’t hold back myself to hug him.”
Kushina pouted as she complained to Minato. Minato wryly scratched his forehead at the complaints of Kushina. I am aware of their identities, but I still have to act the part of the stranger. This is my first meeting with them after all. I acted wryly as I asked,
“Who are you and why you strangled me?”
Minato was surprised at my question as he replied my question with his question,
“You seem to be an academy student. What are you doing here in the forest, while skipping your classes? Shall I report this matter to your Academy Instructor.”
‘Fuck! Will he report me to the academy instructor.’ I stuttered as I replied,
“Academy is very boring! I have already learned everything they could teach me. So, I substituted myself with my Shadow Clone as I come here to practice my skills. Earlier, when I saw you coming towards me, I mistook you for one of the Academy Instructor. So, I thought of running away when I noticed you. But you caught me.”
I looked at Kushina with a blaming gaze. Kushina chuckled as she whistled and avoided eye-contact with me. But her hands were itching to bear hug me again.
Cough…Cough
Minato coughed to get my attention as he spoke,
“I am Minato Namikaze, one of the Jounins of the Village.”
He pointed at Kushina as he continued,
“She is Kushina Uzumaki, my wife. Earlier, I was training my ninja team when I heard some sounds from the forest. So, I came to inspect but I am surprised by your skills in Shurikenjutsu.”
Minato praised me but he got a stern expression as he replied,
“Still, you shouldn’t skip classes like that. If you can do the Shadow clone technique, then you can always ask for early graduation.”
I shook my head as I replied,
“My younger brother Shisui is still in the academy. I promised him that we will graduate at the same time. I can’t break my promise with Shisui.”
‘Can’t tell them the real reason. Now, can I? After all, I wanted to get stronger and at the same time avoid Danzo for a while.’
“Minato-Sensei, Big-sister Kushina..”
Three voices called to Minato and Kushina in conjugation. I turned around and noticed Obito, Rin, and Kakashi shouting as they approached us. They reached us and Obito curiously looked at me and noticed the Uchiha Crest on my back as he asked,
“Hey! You are also an Uchiha.”
He turned around and flashed the Uchiha symbol to me as spoke,
“I am also an Uchiha. My name is Obito Uchiha”
I ignored the antics of Obito as I questionably looked at Minato. Minato noticed my stare as he began to introduce his team,
“This cheerful and active guy is Obito”
He pointed at Rina and Kakashi as continued,
“They are Rin Nohara and Kakashi Hatake.”
All of them greeted as I returned their greetings and introduced myself,
“I am Izuna Uchiha. I am still studying in the academy.”
“You are Izuna Uchiha!” Kakashi perplexedly looked at me.
“Yes, I am indeed Izuna Uchiha. Is there any problem?”
“You are the person whom father talks about a lot nowadays. He always seems to praise you a lot.” Kakashi replied.
“Oh! You mean Uncle Sakumo. I met him a month ago, he seemed very depressed, so I cheered him a little. Nothing extraordinary to praise me for.”
“Thank you very much for cheering my father!” Kakashi bowed to me as his upper body was almost parallel to the ground.
“Oh!” 
Everybody present there was stunned by this development.
“The cold and rigid Kakashi can act like this.”
Obito teased Kakashi as he gave me a thumbs up.
“Ok!... Ok! Enough everybody. Now let us continue our training. Also, If you don’t mind you can join us too with our training.”
I got excited when Minato offered to train me. Like come on, he is a Kage level Ninja and he would personally train me. What better could I ask for in my academy days?
I immediately accepted and thus started to train with Team Minato. Kushina cheered us from sides as we trained.
356