169. Howling Wolf Village
7.8k 9 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Finally, we are there."

Izuna and Naruto arrive at the border of the Land of Medicine. Three giant mountains appear in their vision. The top of the mountains is covered in ice whereas rich green vegetation grows at the foothill of the mountain creating a valley of plants and flowers.

Izuna closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Nature energy is so rich here."

He activates his Sharingan and inspects the area. He notices a chakra ley-line passing through the area.

'These chakra ley-lines were once the roots of the God tree. The God tree absorbed the Nature energy of the planet through its roots to form the chakra fruit.

After the Rikudou Sannin sealed away the tree… these roots remained and formed the chakra ley-lines creating a rich hotspot of Nature energy.

This is part of the reason the Land of Medicine is known for its medicinal plants.'

"So beautiful…" Naruto takes a deep breath in the area.

"I feel like all of my exhaustion is washed away." Naruto throws away the boulder from his shoulders and jumps around in excitement.

Izuna inspects Naruto's body.

'He is passively absorbing a little amount of Nature energy. I guess this is the power of a reincarnation of Asura Otsutsuki.'

"Naruto… you have trained enough. Take a break for a while as we meet with Tsunade."

"Yay… Dattebyo."

Naruto jumps around in excitement.

"Let's go… Naruto… we would have to reach the nearest village or we would sleep in wild tonight." Izuna calms him down.

"No… I don't want to sleep in wild." These words pour a bucket of cold water on Naruto's excitement as he calms down.

"Naruto… the Land of Medicine comprises three villages: The Howling Wolf Village; The Awakening Wolf Village; The Nourishing Wolf Village," Izuna explains the history of the Land of Medicine to Naruto.

"The Daimyo of the Land of Medicine lives in the center of these villages."

Izuna points towards a far off distance in the center of the three mountains.

"We will meet with Tsunade there."

"Oh! It has been a while since I last saw Granny Tsunade. I want to see her so badly. I will show her how strong have I become in all these years. Dattebyo!!"

Naruto proudly raises his head.

"Hai… hai… let's hurry to the Howling Wolf Village. It is the nearest village." Izuna walks towards the village.

"Yes…" Naruto follows him.

Hmm…

Naruto places his thumb and index finger below his chin as he enters a serious pose.

Izuna notices Naruto's serious face.

"What's the matter, Naruto? What are you thinking so seriously?" He asks Naruto.

"Oh… Nii-san… I wanted to ask why these villages have Wolf in their name. Is there some connection with a wolf?"

Naruto curiously tilts his head.

"Indeed… there is a relation with a wolf. A few centuries ago… the villages in the Land of Medicine were frequently attacked by a giant wolf-like monster called Roen.

The monster terrorized the Land of Medicine and would kill anyone it spots. During that era, members of the Kodon clan inhabited this area.

Tired by the relentless attacks of the wolf, they requested assistance from a member of the Uzumaki clan to seal the beast…"

"Oh!... it was someone from my clan who sealed away the wolf." Naruto opens his mouth wide in surprise.

"Indeed… the person who sealed the Wolf monster Roen was the founder of the Uzumaki clan. His name was Kenshiro Uzumaki."

Izuna explains the details to Naruto.

Hmm… hmm…

Naruto nods his head in understanding.

"Nii-san… you are from the Uchiha clan. You live together with the other members of your clan."

"Yes." Izuna nods his head.

"… so, where are the members of the Uzumaki clan? Why haven't I seen anyone from my clan? I have heard that the Uzumaki clan is very powerful… but where are its members?"

Naruto questions him as he patiently waits for a response.

Sigh…

'How should I explain to him? Minato-san… Kushina-san… I will leave it to you?'

Izuna silently whispers to Minato and Kushina's souls.

"Uhum… Naruto… the members of your clan are scattered around the Shinobi World. Your mother came to Konoha and became its citizen."

Izuna dodges Naruto's question.

"Mother?… where is my mother?"

Naruto questions Izuna with hope in his eyes.

"Everyone has parents. Where are my parents? Why haven't I met with them? I also want to enjoy festivals with my parents, like every kid in the village. So… where are they?"

Naruto frantically questions Izuna as he tugs his clothes with hope.

Izuna notices the hope in Naruto's eyes and clenches his fists tightly.

"Soon… Naruto… you will meet them soon. Your parents are on a secret mission. But they will meet you soon."

He pats Naruto's head to calm him down.

"Why I always hear the same thing?" Naruto depressingly lowers his head.

"Naruto… you will able to see your parents soon. Just believe your Nii-san." Izuna assures Naruto.

"Yay!… then it's a promise." Naruto extends his pinky towards Izuna.

"Promise."

Izuna makes a pinky promise with Naruto.

Inside the Grimoire,

The soul of Kushina and Minato silently stares at the interaction of Naruto and Izuna.

Sob… sob…

Tears overflow from Kushina's eyes as she notices the depressing expression of Naruto.

Minato hugs her and assures her.

"Everything will be alright. Izuna-kun is working hard for our sake. I am sure we will be able to embrace Naruto soon. Believe in Izuna-kun."

"Yes…"

Minato wipes away her tears. Kushina hugs him tightly. Kurama opens his eyes and stares at Minato and Kushina.

'Damn kid! Hurry up and revive them already. Also… free me from this place? I can't handle anymore bully.'

He closes his eyes and falls asleep.

Izuna and Naruto reach the outskirts of the Howling Wolf Village.

"Stop… right there."

A bunch of guards block their way.

"You can't enter the village without permission." One guard warns them.

"Here…"

Izuna takes out an insignia from his pocket and hands it over to the guard.

Hmm…

The guards inspect the insignia.

"The guest insignia from the Kodon clan."

He hands over the insignia to Izuna as an amiable expression appears on his face.

"So… you are the honored guest of the Kodon clan. Welcome, please enter the village."

The guard welcomes him into the village.

Mmhm…

Izuna nods his head and walks inside the village. He directly walks towards the center of the village.

A giant district appears in his vision.

"This is the district of Kodon clan," Izuna informs Naruto.

The guards at the entrance of the clan notice Izuna. Izuna flashes his insignia and the guards allow him entry into the village.

A middle-aged man walks out from one of the mansions in the clan district.

"It has been a while… guest from the Uchiha clan."

The man greets Izuna whole heartedly.

"Yes, it has been a while… Clan Leader Tenma-san."

Izuna exchanges greeting with the Clan Leader Tenma.

"The pleasure is all ours. It is not every day that a shinobi of your caliber pays a visit to our clan. Please welcome."

The Kodon clan leader invites them.

"Then, we won't stand on ceremony." Izuna signals Naruto, who follows him closely.

Tenma signals one of his subordinates to arrange necessary arrangements for the group.

"Then, I won't disturb you any longer. Please enjoy your stay."

Tenma bade farewell to them and walks away. The subordinate leads them to a luxurious room and makes necessary arrangements for them.

"Kodon clan sure is rich." Izuna compliments their hospitality.

"It's all thanks to patrons like you… Land of Medicine is known for its vast resources of rare herbs and Medicine. Our Kodon clan preserves the heritage of Land of Medicine."

The subordinate nods his head and receives the compliment.

"Honorary guest… if you need something, then don't hesitate to inform me."

"Very well." Izuna nods his head.

The subordinate walks away from the room.

"Who are they?" Naruto pinches his nose.

"All of them smell like… cape jasmines. I kind of don't like this smell."

Naruto waves his hand in front of his nose.

"…"

Izuna silently stares at Naruto.

"What are you… a dog? How come are you able to smell such a faint smell?" He asks Naruto.

"I have a very sensitive nose. Dattebyo!"

Naruto rubs his nose with his fingers.

"Must be because of that giant dog sealed inside you." Izuna chuckles.

Growl…

"Bastard… who are you calling a dog? I am a proud member of the Fox clan. I am the Nine-tails Fox… their leader."

The Yang half of the Nine-tails growls at Izuna.

"Ok… ok… dog-san… now calm your anger."

Izuna waves his hands.

"Bastard… let me out and I will eat you alive."

Growl…

The Nine-tails roars at Izuna.

"Ok ok… you are a fox. Now do a belly roll for me."

Izuna laughs at Nine-tails antics.

"Bastard…"

The Yang Nine-tails angrily smashes its nails at the seal.

Bzzt…

The seal releases black lightning and zaps the Yang Nine-tails. Nine-tails is pushed back from the shock as it rolls over.

"Haha… nice one. Now do it again."

Izuna claps his hands while making fun of Nine-tails.

Hmph…

"I won't fall for the same trick again."

The Nine-tails admits its defeat and closes its eyes.


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

166