196. Struggle for Scroll Part-2
7.5k 8 128
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Let's get the scroll from them."

Naruto cracks his knuckles as he gets ready to engage the Suna Ninja.

"Wait, a sec." Sasuke stops him.

"Being a ninja is not just about using jutsu and fight the enemies. The true essence of a ninja lies in being hidden and catching enemies off-guard for a surprise attack."

"WOW!… That's Sasuke-kun for you." Sakura praises Sasuke.

"Naruto… hold your horses for a while. Let's test the abilities of enemies before attacking them. Never ever underestimate your opponents." He warns Naruto.

Gulp…

Naruto gulps his saliva.

"I will keep that in mind." He nods his head.

"With that in mind, let's chase this band of Suna Ninja. Once they are distracted by their fight with another team; we will use that opportunity to take the scroll from them." Sasuke formulates a plan.

"But that's dirty, and it's not fair," Naruto complains.

"Listen Naruto, life is not fair. Only the fittest or the most prepared individual can survive in this cruel world. If you have a heads up above your enemy, then use it to your advantage. The enemy won't care about honor and fairness when he comes for your life. "Sasuke advises Naruto.

"Hey! You sound like Izuna Nii-san." Naruto turns away.

"Fine, I will follow your plan. You are the leader when it comes to planning. Tch…" He admits to Sasuke's plan.

"Very well, then let's follow them."

Whoosh…

Sasuke follows after the Suna group.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Naruto and Sakura chase after him.

On top of a nearby tree,

Mm…

Shisui nods his head.

'They have grown well. The shinobi world isn't a playground. One mistake and you will loose your life forever.'

Whoosh…

He disappears from the tree.

"Maintain a distance of fifty meters from them. According to my observations, that's the maximum range up to which their sensor ninja can detect the enemy's presence." Sasuke inspects the Suna ninja with his Sharingan.

Team 7 continues to chase after the Suna Ninjas.

After an hour,

"Leader… two teams are fighting up ahead."

The hidden sensor Ninja of the Suna informs his teammates.

"Let's take a look. We will ambush them when the winning team is about to get the scrolls.

The Suna Ninja with the giant fan remarks.

"Yes… Leader." His teammates agree with them.

Boom… Boom…

They hear multiple explosions going off in the distance.

Whoosh… whoosh…

The Suna group hides in a nearby bush as they stare at the confrontation between the two enemy teams.

Team 7 stops at a safe distance from the Suna group.

"What's the matter?" Naruto asks Sasuke.

"Sharingan"

Sasuke activates his Sharingan and inspects the distance ahead.

"There is an ongoing fight up head. Two teams are engaged in combat. Hmm… from the looks of it; one of the team is from Kusagakure and the other team is from Kirigakure."

Sasuke observes the field.

"Looks like these Suna fellows are following the same plan as us." Naruto remarks as he stares at the back of Suna Ninjas.

"Of course, they would. Who would want to interrupt the fight between two teams? What if those team turns hostile towards their intruder and teams up against them and deal with them and later decide the winner among themselves?" Sakura shakes her head.

"It is as Sakura said, no team will take the risk to fight two teams simultaneously unless you are confident of your abilities or you have one or two screws loose in your forehead." Sasuke remarks as he hides.

"We will follow the plan." He deactivates his Sharingan to preserve chakra.

"Got it." Naruto and Sakura nod their head.

'It all boils down to patience.' Shisui stares at them as he signals to a group of chunnins.

"Leave this area to me. I am on a secret mission and can't disclose the details to you." He sends the chunnins away.

"Yes, Sir." The chunnin flickers away.

'Well, Naruto isn't particularly patient, so I wonder how will it turn out.'

Meanwhile,

At a few hundred meters in front of the group,

Clang… clang…

One of the Kiri shinobi throws multiple shurikens towards the Kusagakure ninja.

"Leave them to me."

A Kusa ninja with a pair of sunglasses and a giant flag jumps in front of the group.

Swirl…

He rotates his flag and slams it on the ground.

"Wind Release: Flag Wind Wall"

He creates a wind wall using his flag. The wind wall blocks the kunais.

Tch…

The Kiri genin clicks his tongue and makes some hand signs.

"Water Style: Water Bullet"

He fires a water bullet at the flag genin of Kusa.

Swirl…

The flag ninja waves his flag.

"Wind Release: Flag Current"

He swings the flag and generates a wind current and manipulate that current to slice through the water bullet.

Drip… drip…

Water drips down on the ground as he shakes his flag to wipe off the water.

Rumble… Rumble…

The ground beneath the partner of Kiri shinobi trembles as another Kusa ninja with a pair of tekkō Kagi jumps out of the ground.

'Earth Release: Hiding like a Mole Technique'

Slash…

He slashes the pair of claw hooks at the ninja.

Clang…

Another ninja with tufty blue hair and dark eyes blocks the claws with a sword wrapped in bandages.

"Thank you, Chojuro."

The Kiri ninja thanks his teammate.

"It's fine, Renzo." Chojuro nods his head as he blocks another attack from the Kusa Ninja.

"Where is their third member?" Chojuro warily looks around.

Whoosh…

He hears the sound of a wind current and raises his head. A giant butt appears in his vision.

"Above us! Dodge!"

Chojuro warns his teammates as he pushes away the Kusa ninja and makes some distance.

Bang…

A giant person slams on the ground and creates a small crater in the shape of a peach.

'Body Alteration Jutsu'

The Kusa ninja shrinks his body as he helplessly stares at his teammates.

"I missed."

He takes out a large bottle of green fluid from his pocket and chugs it down.

"Oye fatty! Be more useful next time. The Kusa ninja with claw hooks reunites with his teammates. You had one job to launch a surprise attack, and you failed it."

Burp…

The fat Kusa ninja burps loudly and throws away the bottle.

"I won't miss this time."

He turns towards Chojuro's group and points his butt towards them.

"Secret Technique: Cloud of Reeking Gas"

He farts a green gas towards them.

"That's so gross." Naruto pinches his nose as he stares at the cloud of gas.

"Such a gross jutsu." Sakura turns her head away.

Whoosh… whoosh…

Chojuro and the rest of his teammates jump back and avoid the toxic gas.

Srr…

The toxic green gas decays the nearby plants as various tiny insects die from the poison.

"See it works." The Fat Kusa Ninja raises his head proudly.

"Good work, now leave the rest to me." The Kusa ninja with the flag and sunglasses waves his flag.

"Wind Release: Flag Direction"

He directs the toxic gas towards the Kiri team.

"I will deal with it." The third member of Chojuro's party jumps in front of the toxic gas and makes some hand signs.

"Water Release: Bubble Entrapment"

He ejects a large water bubble from his mouth. The water bubble entraps the toxic green gas and contains it.

"Release"

He directs the bubble away from them.

Whoosh…

The water bubble flies towards the bush in which the Suna ninjas are hiding.

"This son of a…"

The Suna team captain curses as he holds his fan and waves it to generate a wind current to redirect the bubble.

"This mothefu…"

Naruto curses as the bubble travels in his direction.

"Wind Release: Gale Current"

Naruto exhales a large amount of air from his mouth to send the bubble away from them.

Sigh…

Sakura sighs in relief.

"I just shampooed today."

"…"

Sasuke and Naruto silently stare at Sakura.

"What the…?"

Shisui avoids the toxic gas as the bubble pops near him.

"My life almost flashed before me. Such gross smell."

"You missed boss." The fat Kusa ninja laughs at his team leader.

"Shut up fatty or I will seize your food." The flag Kusa ninja threatens fatty.

"Ok." Fatty meekly nods his head.

"It's time to end this farce and get their scroll."

The Claw hook Kusa ninja makes some hand signs and slams his palm on the ground.

"Summoning Jutsu: Chikyūmaru"

Poof…

White smoke appears in front of the group as a giant mole with long white claws, brown fur, and a spiked tail appears before them. The giant mole wears white underpants and a green scarf around its neck. The scarf has a giant orange pouch in it.

Squeal…

The mole makes some guttural noises as it grits its teeth.

Rumble… rumble…

It digs its claws into the earth and enters the ground.

"Get ready! He can attack any moment."

Chojuro holds his sword as he confronts the Kusa group.


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters

www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

128