231. A Dramatic End
4.5k 8 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu"

Izuna makes a shadow clone jutsu to help Kimimaro and Fusao with their battle.

'This Tree man has some amazing abilities. It seems like they are related to his Kekkei Genkai.'

Izuna inspects the member of the Shinrin clan as he pummels the village chief.

Bam… bam… bam…

Izuna violently pounds the village chief as his screams echo through the village.

Whoosh…

Bang…

Izuna's shadow clone overpowers Kozue and sends him flying.

'His Kekkei Genkai is similar to Kimimaro. It is based on his physical body and is not chakra related.'

Izuna concludes about the abilities of Kozue.

'His transformation is like Iburi clan members. The Iburi clan members can turn into smoke while he can turn into a tree.'

Izuna licks his lips as he stares at Kozue.

'I am really interested in his Kekkei Genkai. If possible, I want to recruit him. I want to study the difference between his Kekkei Genkai and Wood Release.'

Ugh…

The village chief groans and moans as Izuna continues to bash him.

Crack… crack…

Izuna breaks the bones of the village chief and lifts him in the air. He brings him closer as their eyes meet.

"I have a few questions for you and I only want to hear the truth."

Izuna stares him in the eyes as fear creeps in the Village chief's heart.

'Oye Brat!… Beware of the suicidal techniques of these cult maniacs.'

Kurama warns him.

'I know… I know… You don't have to remind me.'

Izuna nods his head as he has overheard the previous conversation between the trio while he was in his Mindscape.

Ugh…

The village chief struggles in Izuna's grasp.

Bam…

Izuna punches the village chief squarely in his face.

Swoosh…

Various seals crawl out from Izuna's hand and spread over the village chief's body.

"Fuinjutsu: Chakra Suppression Seal"

He seals the village chief's chakra and questions him.

"Tell me… who is this Lord Kishin? What are your goals and why did you specifically target me?"

"I… I won't open my mouth… even if you kill me or torture me. I won't betray Kishin-sama."

The village chief has a stern expression as he refuses to budge.

"I see."

Izuna nods his head in understanding.

"So, you won't open your mouth. Huh! Fine by me. I have plenty of other methods to retrieve the info."

Bam…

He punches the village's chief again.

Ugh…

The village chief pukes a mouthful of blood as the punch badly mangles his face.

"Ugh… Divine Retribution of Lord Kishin will befall on heretics like you. Argh…"

The village chief curses him.

"I had enough of your shit!"

Shiing…

Izuna activates his Mangekyo as it spins rapidly.

"Mind-Body Destruction Jutsu"

Izuna places his palm on the village chief's head to read his memories.

"Hmm… So, this baldy has been manipulating this village since the second Shinobi War. He is a member of the Akuma clan who worships the Evil God, Kishin."

Izuna continues to skim through the memories of the Village Chief.

"Oh!"

A piece of information shocks Izuna as he turns to Kozue, who is suppressed by his clone.

"Kozue?! Right!"

Tch…

Kozue spits some blood and turns towards him.

"Hmm… I have an interesting piece of information which you might like or dislike; depending on your preference."

"Humph… I don't want to hear anything from you."

He snorts.

"So… you don't even want to know about the truth about the extinction of your clan."

Izuna presses on.

"Humph… nice try. The members of My Shinrin clan were peace lovers. We never interfered with the secular world and we peacefully hid in the Land of Forest away from the blood and gore of the Shinobi World.

However, during the start of the Second Shinobi War, a bunch of mercenaries invaded our land. The War has depleted the resources of all villages.

The Land of Forest was well known for its precious medicinal herbs; the other place being the Land of Medicine. However, the Land of Medicine had strong backing, and it was successfully able to resist the foreign invasion. So, these various villages set their sights on the Land of Forest. They ruthlessly massacred my clan members to harvest the vitality restoring medicine produced from the bodies of the Shinrin clan members."

Kozue's eyes turn bloodshot as he reminisces about his cruel past.

"Those shinobis… They slaughtered my family members. I was the only surviving member of my clan. It was all thanks to the timely arrival of Village Chief who saved my life and helped me fled from the calamity."

Kozue tightly clutches his fists as he hatefully stares at Izuna.

'Damn! This dude is totally and utterly brain-washed.'

Izuna shakes his head.

'Can't blame him. The shinobi world is a cruel place, after all and such cliche stories are far too many to count.'

Izuna remembers his time in Anbu.

'Even during Anbu training; many war orphans from other villages are thoroughly brainwashed. The Anbu feeds them with all kinds of lies and deceit to generate a sense of loyalty and longing in their heart.

It's the same for this guy.'

Bang…

Izuna kicks the village Chief in front of Kozue.

"Why don't you hear the details from the man himself?"

Shiing…

"Kotoamatsukami"

Izuna casts the powerful Mangekyo ability and forces the village chief to reveal the truth.

After a few minutes,

"NOOO!!… It can't be. How is this possible? NOOO!!… this is a lie. You are deceiving me. You are lying to me."

Kozue clutches his forehead as his eyes turn lifeless. He helplessly falls to the ground as his body curls in fear.

"NOO… it's not the truth. Everything is a lie. NOO!!"

Sigh…

Izuna takes a deep breath as he stares at the pathetic condition of Kozue.

"This Baldy orchestrated a sinister plan and killed all the members of the Shirin clan from the Land of Forest to steal the unfertilized seed of the Shinju tree. He spread the rumors about the healing capabilities of the blood of the Shinrin clan members.

When the shinobis from the other villages invaded; he found an opportunity to steal the chakra seed and fled from the village. On his way out, he came across you and saved you.

It wasn't because of the benevolence of his heart but the need for the blood of Shinrin clan member to activate this chakra seed."

Izuna recalls the story as he stares at Kozue.

"Whether you believe me or not is up to you. I can't force the truth on you."

He shakes his head.

'In a way, I am doing the same thing this village chief did. The only difference is… I am feeding him the truth to sway his opinion. He could prove to be an asset to the team. His reconnaissance abilities are on par with Zetsu.'

Izuna remembers the ability of Zetsu to travel through the grounds.

Ugh… Argh…

The guttural noise of Village Chief moaning in pain falls in Izuna's ears.

"I have yet to extract the memories of this Akuma Clan and Kishin from you."

Izuna approaches the Village Chief and places his hand on his head to extract the remaining memories.

Ugh… Argh…

The Village Chief resists in pain.

"Your fate is sealed, old man. Why do you resist?"

Swoosh…

The curse seal on the village chief's forehead activates.

Whoosh…

Various strange seals and totems crawl over his entire body as a massive surge of chakra and vitality and rises in the air.

Argh…

The village chief roars in pain as his body dissipates.

"He is about to explode."

Fusao expressions turn ugly as fear creeps into his heart.

"Sigh… in the end, I am about to die no matter what. Death by being sucked dry or death by exploding to dust. There is not much of a difference." Fusao sighs helplessly

"…"

Kimimaro and Izuna silently stare at Fusao.

'Is it really necessary to be overly dramatic?… Never mind!"

Izuna shakes his head and focuses his attention on the lump of chakra gathered around the curse seal.

He briefly analyzes the pattern of the curse seal and memorizes it.

"I guess this is not the end of troubles. Since, I can thwart the plan this time, I can do it again."

BOOOM…

The village chief explodes, releasing a powerful shock wave across the giant turtle's body.

The expression of the turtle turns ugly as it senses the massive surge of energy on its back.

'I entrusted this human to relieve me from my pain; why is he hell-bent on relieving me from life?'

"Kamui"

Swirl… whoosh…

A swirling portal opens near the explosion and pulls the entire force of the explosion into another dimension.

Whoosh…

Peace and calmness return to surroundings as the portal closes.

'Well, it was a dramatic end.'

"With that out of the way; let's check on the villagers."

Izuna walks towards the unconscious villagers.

81