233. End of Problem
4.5k 9 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'A seed of chakra fruit, huh!... I thought only ten-tails act as the seed of the chakra tree and transform into a Shinju after feeding upon an Otsutsuki.

Maybe there is more to it than meets the eye.'

Izuna turns to Kozue and asks him.

"Will this tree turn into a Shinju in the future?"

'If it can turn in a Shinju, then I can put most of my plans into action.'

"No" Kozue shakes his head.

"This tree can't turn into a Shinju Tree. It contains only a fragment of the power of the Shinju tree. Still, this fruit can bring a person back from death."

"What?!"

Izuna's eyes widen in surprise.

'If it can bring a person from the dead, then it is as good as the outer path of Rinnegan.'

"This tree has absorbed an immense amount of Nature energy and Vitality from this Giant turtle and grew these chakra fruits. These fruits were meant as an offering to the Lord Kishin.

This turtle will die once all three fruits ripen."

Hmm...

Izuna inspects the chakra of the turtle.

'Indeed... the vitality of this turtle is rapidly draining.'

"So, do you have any way to remove this tree without killing the Giant turtle in the process?"

Izuna asks him.

"I can give it a try."

Kozue nods his head and walks towards the giant tree.

Shoom...

Kozue infuses large amounts of chakra in his arm as they turns into a large green vine.

Swoosh...

He slowly inserts the vine into the tree and merges with the tree.

'So that's the Kekkei Genkai of the Shinrin Clan.'

Izuna examines the process.

'He has fused with the giant tree and is now almost non-recognizable from the natural energy of the tree.

His intel-gathering capabilities will be quite useful for the team.'

Whoosh... Swoosh...

The roots of the Giant tree retract slowly as the veins of the Giant turtle turn normal.

After an hour,

Swoosh... whoosh...

The roots of the tree disappear completely and the giant tree shrinks.

Swish...

Kozue jumps out of the trunk of the tree.

Huff... huff...

He breathes heavily with a small chakra seed in his palm.

"I did it."

He takes a deep breath and falls to the ground.

Whoosh...

Izuna flickers near him.

"Are you ok?"

He supports Kozue.

Swoosh...

Izuna infuses a small amount of Nature energy into Kozue's body.

Haah...

Kozue slowly sits up and takes support against a boulder.

"I am alright. I am just mentally and physically exhausted."

Roar...

A giant roar interrupts them.

Kimimaro walks towards them and conveys the message of the Giant turtle.

"The Giant turtle is no longer in pain."

"Well... that's good to hear." Izuna nods his head.

He turns towards the rest of the villagers, who are slowly recuperating from the incident.

"There won't be any Shangri-La Village after this incident. Since most of you are rogue ninjas with huge bounties on their head; it would be difficult for the likes of you all to live peacefully in the outside world."

The expression of Fusao and the rest of the villagers turns ugly as Fusao had earlier recounted the details to them.

Gulp...

One of the middle-aged men gulps his saliva and asks him.

"Then... then where should we go? What should we do?"

Hmm...

Izuna scrutinizes them as he ponders.

'Though I don't have any special connection with this group of people and I would even suffer a huge loss by not handing them over to bounty office.

But what most of them have done has nothing to do with me; so, I am a bit conflicted.'

"Izuna-kun... why don't you send them to one of the smaller villages in the Land of Fire?! These small villages are under the protection of Konoha since Konoha is paid by the Daimyo to secure his land."

Minato suggests him.

"This way... the village can monitor them and even employ them in the future."

"Well... that's not a bad idea."

Izuna nods his head.

Ahem...

Izuna clears his throat to get their attention.

"Since you people have nowhere to stay and live"

After half an hour,

After dealing with the villagers, Izuna turns his attention to Kozue and Kimimaro.

"So, what about you, Kozue? What would you do after this?"

"I... I"

Kozue holds his head as he is lost in thoughts.

"I will visit the remains of my village and after that, I will roam the world to search for a meaning in my life."

He shakes his head as he reminisces about his village.

"I see... If you are fed up with your travels in the future; then you can always come and seek me for a job in the future."

Swoosh...

Izuna takes out a scroll from his pocket and passes it to Kozue.

"Just visit Konoha and hand over this scroll to the guards. Somebody will lead you in."

"Thank you."

Kozue accepts the scroll and slowly walks out of the remains of the village.

'Konan has also left. I had no choice but to manipulate her thoughts. Let's see how things will play out with both of them.'

"Kimimaro! Let's say goodbye to this giant turtle."

Both of them flicker out of the cavern together with the villagers.

Roar...

"You have my gratitude, human."

The Giant turtle thanks him.

"In the future, if you have any need for me. You can just summon me."

The giant turtle spits out a summoning contract in front of Izuna.

'Er... I don't think I will need this turtle in any sort of fight.'

"Kimimaro... since you can understand this turtle. Why don't you sign a contract with the turtles? Also, their defensive abilities pair well with your Taijutsu and Kekkei Genkai."

Izuna nudges the summoning scroll to Kimimaro.

"Yes!" Kimimaro nods his head and bit his thumb to sign the summoning contract.

"This trip wasn't the kind I was looking for, but still I got something useful out of it."

Izuna stares at the chakra fruits in his hand. There are two small fruits and one large fruit in his hands.

"With this out of the way, let's return to the village."

Izuna grabs Kimimaro's shoulder and teleports to the village.

Whoosh...

-----------------

Inside Konohagakure,

Sigh...

Tsunade takes a deep breath as she rests against the Hokage chair.

"Finally, all the paperwork is over. Shizune... let's visit the hot spring tonight. We will bring Mizukage Mei with us to ease her mood."

"Yes... Tsunade-sama."

Shizune massages Tsunade's shoulders and nods.

Swish...

Tsunade takes out a scroll from the drawer.

"This seal by Izuna is quite handy."

Tsunade opens the scroll.

There is a summoning seal on the scroll with the sealing formula of Flying Thunder God Technique engraved on it.

"This seal can allow a person to summon another person from far away, albeit the summon has to agree and infuse the chakra in his version of seal to teleport here."

"Yes, Tsunade-sama."

Shizune nods her head.

"The Flying Thunder God Technique is quite hard to master. Besides, the Fourth Hokage, his Raijin Squad, and Izuna; nobody has managed to learn this technique."

"This seal can prove very vital during a war where the information exchange is quite crucial."

Tsunade nods her head.

Sigh...

Tsunade takes another deep breath and gazes out of the window.

Multiple ninja academy students appear in her vision as the kid's practices their Shurikenjutsu skills on targets.

"Konoha suffered a little loss during the attack from Suna and Orochimaru. The future of Konoha is safe for now and I hope Konoha will flourish in the future."

Haah... Haaah...

A small girl with black hairs with a blue tint on end appears in her vision. Her hairs are tied in a ponytail with bangs framing her face. The girl has black eyes. She wears a long-sleeved, high-collared black shirt with the Uchiha clan symbol on the back. Her baggy blue pants flutter in the air as the girl has a serious expression on her face.

There are five shurikens held between her fingers.

Haah...

The girl aims the shurikens at the target and launches them simultaneously.

Whoosh... whoosh.... Whoosh...

Clank... clank... clank...

All the shurikens hit the target right in the dead center.

"Amazing! That's quite impressive Ayaka-chan."

The chunnin instructor praises her.

"It's nothing compared to Onii-san, Iruka-sensei."

Ayaka shakes her head and picks up another batch of shurikens.

Sigh...

Iruka sighs helplessly and turns towards the rest of the group.

'Izuna-san is a genius. I was in the same class as him during the academy, yet he graduated just in six months. I am sure he didn't even remember my name.'

Iruka takes another deep breath and instructs another student.

"Tsunade-sama, don't you think it is too early for Ayaka-Chan to enter the academy. It is the era of peace, so the village isn't in a dire need of Ninjas." Shizune questions Tsunade.

"No. it is alright."

Tsunade closes her eyes as Izuna's warning echoes in her ears.

'Tsunade! The Fourth Shinobi War is on the horizon. It will require the collective strength of all nations to deal with the enemy.'

"Ayaka is also a rare genius, like her brother. So, it is not that big of a deal to enroll her in the ninja academy."

Sigh...

"Now I really miss Naruto. It has been a week since that brat left for his mission in the Land of Waves."

Sigh...

"I just want to ditch all this work and drink some booze and gamble."

"…"


A/N:- I will slowly edit starting 120 chapters. I will change their font, jarring grammer and some of the n9n-sensical plot with a sensible one. Just drop by and rate it. For today, I only edited the first chapter.

80