242. A Desolate Meeting
4.3k 3 79
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Land of Origin?! Huh!"

Mei reads the scroll and tilts her head in confusion.

"If I remember correctly, then there is no such place." Mei tilts her head in confusion.

"You are right! There is no such place." Izuna nods his head.

'Still, the Land of Origin of Shinobi World."

Izuna ponders over the details.

"Is it some kind of prank? Or is someone messing with you?"

Mei's expression turns ugly.

"No!"

Izuna shakes his head.

"I think I have a good idea of what it means."

Izuna pockets the scroll and turns towards Mei.

"Looks like that's my cue to leave. We will meet tomorrow."

He kisses Mei's lips and teleports away.

Hmph!

"He and his secrets." Mei snorts and turns towards the streets.

"Since I am out on a patrol, might as well inspect the situation of Kiri with my eyes. The current Kiri is hung on a fragile balance. One wrong move can overturn the entire scale. Although I claim to be a fair and justful Kage; still my rule is built on a brutal civil war.

So, some people might still have some misgivings. Those lurking in shadows waiting for an opportunity to topple my position could easily manipulate such people."

With such thoughts, Mei enters an abandoned alley. She makes a hand signal and three anbus appear in front of her.

Sigh…

Mei takes a deep breath and stares at them.

"You people don't need to keep following me around."

One of the anbu members walks in front of her and bows.

"Mizukage-sama, it's our duty to protect you. Elder Fuji entrusted your safety in our hands."

Sigh…

"Father is too overprotective of me." Mei shakes her head.

"Since you are already here, I have a task for you all."

"Yes, Mizukage-sama!" The Anbus nods their head.

"Although one faction of the lower class helped us during the civil war; the other faction kept a neutral stance. Now, this neutral faction is creating trouble for us. Gather intel about their whereabouts and their next course of action." Mei orders them.

"Disperse"

She waves her hand and disperses them.

"A Kage's job is really tiring. I think I need to learn some tips from Lady Tsunade on my next visit."

Whoosh…

Mei flickers from her position.

--------------------

Izuna returns to his secret base in Konoha. He takes out a scroll from his pocket.

Swish… swoosh…

He makes some hand signs and infuses chakra in the scroll.

Whoosh…

The scroll lit up with a red glow, and three apparitions appear on top of it.

"Leader!"

The three figures instantly greet him.

Mmm…

Izuna nods his head.

"Let's cut to the chase. I have summoned you here because I am about to enter the home ground of our enemy. I received an invitation for a talk from them. Though I don't know their purpose; we have to still entertain precaution to ensure safety."

Izuna shares the content of the scroll with the rest of the members.

"Stay near the borders of the Land of Ancestor. I will send a distress signal if I am caught in enemy schemes. Immediately vacate the area and inform the Hokage and others. If nothing else, then the conversation went smoothly. Do you understand?!"

"Yes, Leader!"

The group nods their head.

"Very well! Then I will be on my way to the Land of Ancestors. Let's see what does the head of Kara's research and development section wants to talk about."

Whoosh…

Izuna flickers out of the secret base as he travels towards the Land of Ancestor.

'Land of Ancestor can be considered as the Land of Origin of Shinobi World. It was at this place where the God tree sprouted.

Although I have my doubts about the motives of Amado and it could very well be a trap to lure me in; but I am willing to take the risk. Besides, I have a few countermeasures in place. It's not like I won't be able to escape from their clutches.

I already have a pretty high mastery of Space-time Ninjutsu. I can break through most of the spatial confinement and escape with my life.'

Izuna weighs the pros and cons of this meeting and shakes his head.

'This is as far as the memories of my previous life can help me. I died too early without knowing how Konoha dealt with Kara. Maybe Kara is similar to Akatsuki; it is the main antagonist of the Boruto series.'

Whoosh…

He arrives in the Land of Ancestor. He takes out the summoning scroll from his pocket and makes some hand signs.

"Flying Thunder God Technique: Reverse Summon"

Poof…

With a puff of smoke, three figures appear in front of Izuna.

"Take your positions."

Izuna instructs them.

"Yes, Leader." The group nods their head.

"Alright, I will head towards the root of the Shinju Tree."

Whoosh…

Izuna flickers towards the location of the previous Shinju tree.

A vast desolate desert appears in his vision. There are numerous cracks on the ground and a vast patch of barren land is spread far in the distance.

"The land has lost all of its vitality. It's not a barren piece of land; it is a dead piece of land. Barren land can be restored but this can't be."

Izuna surveys the vast patch of barren land around him.

Swoosh…

A giant crater, about the size of a hidden village, appears in his vision. There are various cracks and indentions spread throughout the crater.

Hmm…

Izuna bends down and scoops up a handful of soil.

"As expected, no trace of life, not even microscopic."

He dusts away the sand from his hands and turns his attention to a small hut in the center of the crater.

"Is that the meeting place?"

Shiing…

He activates his Mangekyo Sharingan and inspects the surrounding area.

'There are no Fuinjutsu seals around here, no sign of any sealing formation.'

He turns his attention towards the hut. There is a single person inside the hut. Izuna's gaze pierces through the hut and lands on the figure. He scrutinizes the figure but is unable to sense the chakra signature of the person.

Hmm…

'It's similar to Jigen. I can't sense his chakra signature. Looks like these Kara members utilize some sort of secret technique to mask their chakra, such that even Sharingan can't see through their disguise.

No, I bet even Byakugan would be useless against this technique. Isshiki is an Otsutsuki clan member with quite a high status. Since Byakugan and Sharingan are derived from their clan; he must have some countermeasures against them.'

As if sensing Izuna's gaze, the person inside the hut waves his hand.

Izuna tenses up and gathers Nature energy ready to fight it out.

"Relax, I am not here to fight!"

A man in his late thirties walks out of the hut. The man has black hair, black beard, and a well-trimmed mustache. He has green eyes and wears thick glasses with orange lenses.

There is an unlit cigarette in his mouth as he walks towards Izuna.

Izuna immediately recognizes the latter as Amado, the head of Kara's research and development division. Although not much is known about his combat capabilities, he certainly possesses extraordinary prowess to be able to keep even the like of Jigen on tenterhooks.

"You must be Amado, the head of Kara's research and development division."

Izuna remarks as he awaits Amado's response.

"Oh!"

Surprise flashes past Amado's eyes. He couldn't help but nod his head in admiration.

"As expected of the most renounced shinobi of this era; not only your combat capabilities are noteworthy, but even your intelligence-gathering abilities are top-notch."

Tiing…

Amado takes out a lighter from his pocket and lit up his cigarette. He casually walks in front of Izuna and stands facing against him.

"Izuna Uchiha! The Silent Shinigami of the Shinobi World…"

He peers in Izuna's Mangekyo Sharingan and asks him.

"What are your thoughts on Kara?"

79