345. Curse Seal Surge Part-6
1.2k 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I named it Dream energy," Izuna answers them.

"Dream energy?" Shisui, Itachi, and Izumi inquire.

"Yes. Shisui's kotoamatsukami allows him to manipulate someone at the highest level of control without the latter being aware of it. However, it has a very strict usage, i.e., it can't be cast regularly…"

Izuna pauses and turns to Shisui.

"… but it's not the only jutsu your Mangekyo Sharingan awakened. Every Mangekyo Sharingan awakens two unique abilities. These abilities might be different, like Itachi, or interdependent, like Uncle Yagami."

"Dad?" Shisui is surprised.

"Yes, uncle Yagami's Mangekyo ability…" Izuna replies.

"… one of his Mangekyo abilities allows him to manipulate shadows to a much greater extent than the Nara clan to the point that he becomes almost invulnerable while in shadows. His other Mangekyo ability raises his control to such a level that he can create a domain of shadows or extreme darkness without any need for any external source. This manipulation depends on proficiency and chakra control." Izuna calmly explains to him.

"So, where was I? Ah… yes… yes… Shisui also has a similar ability. However, it has yet to unlock because he has yet to meet a certain requirement."

"My second Mangekyo ability?" Shisui is surprised to hear this.

"Mm… if my guess is correct, then your second Mangekyo ability will allow you to enter someone's dreams and manipulate the dreams to influence their mind. This ability completely bypasses all sorts of mental defenses. Even the Yamanaka clan, with their strong mental defenses, will be helpless against your new ability. However, you need strong mental strength and willpower to awaken this ability. I am sure you will awaken it with time. Also, once you awaken it, this ability will assist your Kotoamatsukami through the use of Dream energy."

Izuna pats Shisui's back.

"I am looking forward to it!"

He turns towards Itachi and continues.

"Itachi, it's the same for you. You can't control your Amaterasu, but you can manipulate it depending on your proficiency in Fire Release. Similarly, your Tsukiyomi will improve with Yin release and mental strength." Izuna continues to give pointers to Shisui and Itachi.

After a few minutes, he turns to Izumi. Izumi's expression turn tense as Izuna evaluates her jutsu.

"Izumi, your situation is slightly different from these two. I think you understand it."

"I do, Izuna Nii-san!" Izumi bites her lips and nods. Shisui and Itachi curiously turn to Izuna for answers.

"You two must have known already that Izumi is a half-Uchiha. His father was not from the Uchiha clan."

"We do!" Shisui and Itachi nod.

"So, you must also be aware of the fact that only an Uchiha can use his Sharingan effectively. Even then, they require the medicine from the Howling Wolf village to prevent blindness from the overuse of Sharingan."

Shisui and Itachi recall Kakashi's condition after his every use of Sharingan during their Anbu missions.

"So, Nii-san… does this mean…" Worry appears on Itachi's face.

Izumi's face turns red from Itachi's worry. She starts to daydream.

Ahem…

Izuna clears his throat to get her attention.

"Yes, and no!" Izuna's answer further confuses them.

"Yes, it has a severe effect on her, since her every activation of Sharingan draws more chakra than normal. Also, she awakened her Sharingan at the age of 7, much before you, Itachi." Izuna turns to Itachi.

"But… she… I… I never saw her use it!" Itachi is at a loss for words.

"It was an unfortunate accident!" Izuna shakes his head but doesn't speak any further.

"Her Sharingan withdraws much more chakra than normal. Also, it is almost impossible for her to awaken Mangekyo Sharingan. But during the previous incident, she…" Izuna stares at Izumi with pity.

"She awakened her Mangekyo Sharingan and passed out for an entire month."

"What?… So, the reason she was in a coma was that…"

Izumi nodded in approval.

Shiing…

She activates her Sharingan. The tomoes in her Sharingan revolve rapidly and merge in a three-leaf clover pattern.

"Now for her abilities… Her first ability 'Kamo-wakei-kazuchi' grants her the ability to wield the highest order Lightning release. Her second ability 'Raikou', allows her to control and manipulate Kamo-wakei-kazuchi. This manipulation depends on her proficiency and chakra control." Izuna calmly explains to them.

Chirp… chirp… chi…

Izumi stretches her palm as purple lightning flickers through them. The lightning dances around her palm and turns into a bird. The bird changes into a snake, then into a dragon.

Swoosh…

Izumi closes her fist and disperses the lightning dragon. Her eye turns normal.

Huff… Huff…

She breathes heavily as her chakra level hits rock bottom.

"So, did you notice it?" Izuna calmly asks Itachi and Shisui.

"Yes, we did!" Itachi nods his head.

"No, it's much more serious. The Mangekyo Sharingan grants greater power at the cost of eyesight, but in her case, it will directly drain her lifespan; if she overuses it." Izuna replies in a serious tone.

"Her lifespan?" Shisui and Itachi are shocked to hear it. Itachi turns towards Izumi.

"Izumi, I want you to make a promise to me. Unless the situation is life-threatening, you will never use your Mangekyo Sharingan during a fight."

"Itachi, but I… I want to fight alongside you… I don't want to be…" Izumi is flustered by Itachi's sudden request.

"Izumi…" Itachi grabs her shoulders.

"Izumi, you are a precious friend to me. I don't want to lose you." Itachi stares into her eyes.

"…"

Izuna and Shisui facepalm as they speechlessly stare at Itachi.

'Itachi! You baka! Did you friend zone me?'

"BAKA!" Izumi slaps Itachi and walks away.

Itachi silently stares at the space for a while. After a while, he mutters.

'My Sasuke is still the best. He always listens to me.'

"…"

Izuna and Shisui stare at each other and grab one of Itachi's shoulders to educate him.

****End of Flashback****

Huff… Huff…

Izumi breathes heavily as she slowly walks toward an unconscious Guren.

"I will reseal her chakra before she wakes up again!" Izumi eats another pill and takes out a sealing scroll from her pocket.

'This chakra suppression seal should be enough to prevent her chakra recovery.'

Izumi leans down to apply the chakra seal.

Suddenly,

Kuku…

"I was waiting for this moment." A maniacal laughter echoes in the surrounding. The curse seal on Guren's neck squirms as a face appears on her neck.

ARGH….

Guren screams in pain as the figure on the curse seal rapidly drains her life force.

"That's…"

Izumi's eyes turn wide as a giant snake with Kabuto's face leaps towards her, catching her off-guard.

Shiing…

Her Mangekyo Sharingan spins rapidly.

"Raikou: 4th form Musou Shinsetsu"

A giant purple chakra arm appears behind Izumi. The giant arm wields a giant katana and slashes it toward the incoming white snake.

Crackle… crackle…

The clouds in the sky crackle with purple lightning.

BOOM…

A violent discharge of purple lightning falls on the crystal dome. It instantly shatters the crystal dome and strikes the white snake.

Bzzt… BOOM…

A chaotic surge of purple lightning storm brews at the location of the lightning strike and engulf the snake within it. The purple lightning burns the snake to cinders. The sword slash splits the ground into two, leaving a gigantic scar spanning a few hundred meters on the ground.

Bleurgh…

Izumi spits out a mouthful of blood and falls to her knees. Blood flows from both of her eyes.

"I was expecting your move, Kabuto!" She grits her teeth in anger.

'Earlier, when Guren activated her curse seal; I noticed a change in her chakra signature. It was different from the Nature energy. It was something foreign, something sinister. I never expect you to make your move on me.' Izumi closes her eyes.

'I hope the girls will finish the fight on their end soon. I must trust in their abilities.'

-------------------

A few hundred meters away from Izumi and Guren's battlefield.

"What's that?"

Hanabi notices a giant bolt of purple lightning striking down the crystal dome that appeared earlier.

"It must be Izumi sensei. Looks like I am the first one to complete my fight!"

Hanabi stares at an unconscious Iwana and Yamame.

'I have already sealed their chakra. I will tie them here and help Sensei. Ayaka and Yakumo will manage on their own.'

Hanabi takes out a binding scroll and imprisons the Sound duo within it.

--------------------

On the other side of the battlefield,

Ayaka emotionlessly stares at the purple lightning discharge.

'That's Izumi Nee-san's jutsu. To force her to use that jutsu, it means it must be that sinister chakra from her.'

She recalls the sinister chakra she sensed earlier while escaping with the mission target.

'Looks like there is no need to hold back any longer.'

Shiing…

Ayaka activates her Sharingan for the first time and turns towards a second curse form Kajika.

"It's time to end this!"

"Those eyes… Sharingan… means you… you were holding back!" Kajika glares at Ayaka.

"Were you looking down on me? Argh…" Kajika released a burst of chakra from his body.

The shark scales on his back merge with his body. He transforms further into a humanoid shark with long sharp teeth and sharp claws in his hands.

"I will tear you apart!"

15