430. Satori- the Gluttony Demon
462 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The giant winged monster that Muku transformed into massacres the prisoners and the guards alike. After killing them, he throws their body toward the opening of the box.

"Muku, stop it!"

Tears flow from Ryūzetsu's eyes as she desperately begs him to stop.

"It's useless!"

Sasuke shakes his head as he resists the effect of the curse mark on his body.

"He's not the guy you knew anymore. The sinister negative chakra has clouded his mind, and he has become the host of this wicked demonic being. Perhaps the only way to stop him is to either destroy the box or kill this demon. But from what I know, Muku will also lose his life in the process."

Sasuke compares the transformation of Muku to that of a jinchuruki.

Sob… sob…

Ryūzetsu clenches her fists and resolutely stares at the giant winged demon.

"I must stop him. I can't let him kill more people and stain his hands with the blood of the innocent. I will reseal him in the box."

She pulls out the bandages around her chest and takes out a scroll from them.

"The elders of the Flower faction passed this sealing scroll to me to seek an opportunity to get closer to the box and seal it with this scroll."

"But it's quite hard to fight against something like that with this cursed seal on our body." The spies from other nations glance at each other.

"I will try to buy you some time." Maroi clicks his tongue and dashes towards the giant winged demon.

"Damn it! To think that I will lose my life in such a fashion."

Out of everyone, he is the only person who doesn't have the celestial prison seal on his body.

Maroi jumps through the rooftops of the buildings and confronts the demon. He makes some quick hand signs.

"Water Release: Archerfish Jet,"

He spews out a powerful jet of compressed water to attack the winged demon's blind spot.

Whoosh…

The demon flaps its wings and flies into the air. It effortlessly dodges Maroi's attack and turns its attention toward him.

"Good, I was able to draw its attention."

SCRREEE…

The winged demon screeches and flaps its wings to launch a barrage of black feathers toward Maroi. The black feathers explode in contact with the ground.

"God damn it! I will ask Raikage-sama for a long vacation once I return to the village. No, retirement is the most suitable option!"

Maroi darts through the explosive feathers and narrowly avoid them. His heart races to the extreme as he slowly draws the demon's attention away from the box.

"Now is our time! We can't let Maroi's sacrifice to go waste."

Ryūzetsu and the other spies sneak toward the box. Ryūzetsu walks in front of the box. She places the sealing scroll on the ground and makes multiple rapid hand signs.

Swish… swish… Fwoosh…

A giant pillar of blue light rises from the sealing scroll and creates a dome of unknown energy to confine the vile negative chakra within itself.

The commotion alerts the winged demon. It halts in its track and turns its attention towards the box. Ryūzetsu makes another set of hand signs and slams her palm on the ground. A giant sealing formation forms beneath her feet and envelops the entire exercise grounds.

"Fuu, Sai, Dan, Gika, Ragu, Bagi!"

Ryūzetsu chants a series of unknown syllables to start the sealing process. Multiple unknown runes float in the air around the box and slowly confine its power.

"I won't let you close the gap!"

Maroi stops and quickly makes a series of hand signs.

"Lightning Release: Thunderbolt Clap,"

He opens his palms and releases a powerful discharge of lightning in the air. Lightning crackles through the air and multiple lightning bolt strikes the winged demon.

Whoosh… whoosh…

The demon effortlessly evades the lightning bolts. It flaps its wings and releases a powerful gale of black wind. The burst of black wind shatters the vast net of lightning and strikes Maroi down.

Guffaw…

Maroi is sent flying through the air and smashes through a nearby building.

Swoosh…

The winged demon flaps its wings and charges toward Ryūzetsu.

"He noticed us!" The spies panic at the sight of the demon.

The demon swipes its giant claws at Ryūzetsu to maul her.

Tch…

Ryūzetsu grits her teeth and closes her eyes to greet the death.

After a few seconds,

Huh!

Ryūzetsu opens her eyes and looks around. Her surroundings are pitch black, with nothing in sight.

"Where… where am I?"

She looks around in confusion.

"Am I dead?"

She slowly stands up and gazes at her hands. Her body glows with pure white light.

"What's happening?"

"Rrr… Ryuuu…"

A feeble voice echoes in her ears.

"This voice… Muku…"

Ryūzetsu turns around and dashes in the direction of the voice.

"Ryuu…"

Muku's voice grows louder and louder as she dashes forward. A tunnel of light appears in front of her. She rushes towards the tunnel and bright light blinds her vision.

She shields her eyes with her hands to adjust her vision to the light. After a few seconds, she lowers her hand and glances in front of her.

There is an altar in front of her. Muku is hanging on the altar with multiple thick black chains piercing through his body.

"MUKU!"

She hurriedly dashes towards him to free him from the bindings.

"Ryuu…"

Muku weakly opens his mouth and gazes at her with a warm smile on his face.

Bzzt… Crackle…

A wall of lightning appears in front of the altar and blocks Ryūzetsu's path.

Argh…

The lightning zaps her body and throws her away.

"Muku! I will free you."

Ryūzetsu slowly stands up. She wipes her face and dashes toward the lightning wall.

BZZT… Crackle…

Another bolt of lightning strikes her down and lightning flickers around her body, paralyzing her movements.

"Ryuu… stop!" Muku weakly utters these words.

"You can't save me." He shakes his head.

"WHY?" Ryūzetsu slowly stands up with red lightning flickering across her body.

"I will save you! Even if it costs me my life."

She ignores his warning and dashes towards the lightning wall.

Bang…

The lightning jolts her and sends her flying.

GAHH…

Ryūzetsu screams in pain as the lightning burns her skin.

"Ryuu… give up! I… I don't want to see you get hurt."

Tears flow from Muku's eyes as he weakly utters these words.

"No, I won't!"

She weakly stands and charges towards the lightning wall, only to be sent flying by it.

"Ryu… My fate was sealed the day they sacrificed me to this box. Ryu, the only way to free me is to kill the winged demon, Satori." He weakly mutters these words.

"But… I…"

Muku smiles at her.

Gasp…

Ryūzetsu gasps and opens her eyes.

"Fire Release: Heavenly Chains of Suffering,"

Multiple giant scarlet chains erupt from the ground and bind Satori.

SCREE…

Satori releases a deafening roar and turns toward its attacker.

Mui slowly stands up and wipes the blood from his mouth. There is a gaping hole in his chest. Blood slowly leaks from the wound.

"You are alive!"

Satori speaks in surprise.

"My heart is not in its usual place. It's slightly dislocated to the right. from birth. It's part of the reason I somehow survived the previous lethal attack."

Mui weakly walks forward.

"Uncle Mui!"

Ryūzetsu turns towards him.

"Ryu… Is that you?"

"Yes, it's me." Ryu nods her head.

"I will buy you some time by holding this demon back. Use this opportunity to escape." Mui makes more hands and the scarlet chains blaze with intense fire.

"No… I can't leave you here. We have to seal this demon." Ryūzetsu shakes her head.

"It's useless. The old sealing formula won't work. Those fanatics from the Jashin cult altered the seal on the box. The only way to stop the box is to kill Satori. Cough… cough…"

Mui coughs up a mouthful of blood.

"Uncle!"

Ryūzetsu hurriedly dashes towards him and supports him.

"How? How could there be no fear in your heart?" Satori questions him.

"I have lost everything precious to me, my wife, my son! The only thing that is left is my life." Mui raises his head and glares at Satori.

"Now I am on the verge of death and my only fear for my life is long gone!" An apathetic smile appears on his face.

"I see!" Satori remarks and stops struggling.

FWOOSH…

Suddenly, the eyes of the demonic mask on the box of ultimate box glow with an eerie hue. Satori's body increases in size and breaks apart the chains binding it.

"It's too late!" Mui sighs helplessly as Satori flaps its wings and flies in the air.

"I will reward you for your fearlessness. DIE!"

Satori charges up a giant orb of scarlet energy and fires it toward Mui and Ryūzetsu. Mui closes his eyes and accepts his fate while Ryūzetsu shields him with her body.

11