436. War Council Strategy Meeting
471 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, enough about the intelligence. Let's hear the report of the logistics." Minato breaks the silence.

"The main objective of summoning the war council is to discuss strategy!" He adds and nods toward Shikaku, who takes the lead.

"First, assemble reserves of ninja tools and foodstuffs." Shikaku glances at everyone.

"The Samurais of the Land of Iron will take the responsibility of stocking and crafting fresh equipment and weapons." Mifune volunteers for the task.

"Very well, other nations will equally contribute their reserves of ores and miscellaneous material for the forging of new gear." Minato makes the decision.

"The Land of Rice paddies, the Land of Noodles, the Land of tea, the Land of Honey, the Land of vegetables, the Land of bean jams will take the responsibility for the supply of food material." The representative of multiple smaller nations takes up the lead for the food supply.

"We are unable to contribute to the major combat force, so we will fulfill our part in other ways." The representative adds.

"Very well! The allied forces are grateful for your help." Minato nods in agreement as Shikaku continues.

"Second, we must divide our shinobi into main battle units, support battle units, and consider how we should build the platoons within the fighting forces. Our combat division must be ready to face every expected and unexpected situation."

A and Sakumo turn towards each other and nod.

"Currently, the allied shinobi force is split into five different battle divisions for handling various circumstances. The first division, the great battle regiment, is the major fighting force of the battle. I will lead this division to fight a battle on multiple war fronts. This division is further split into five different companies.

The first company: Mid-Range Battle Unit comprises shinobis who specialize in mid-distance combat. It's mostly made of shinobi which uses weapons in battle.

The second company: Close-Range Battle Unit specializes in close combat. The shinobis of this unit will fight on the front line and will directly confront the enemy forces.

The Third company: Intermediate-Range Battle Unit will be stationed to provide support up close and at mid-range. To be part of this unit, one must have speed and physical strength.

The Fourth Company: Long-Range battle unit will provide the link with the communication division and Intel unit to support the front lines. In addition, this unit will also act as a shield and spear for the front lines in case of retreat. And finally, the fifth battle company: Special-Range Battle Unit with their specialized ninjutsu and attack tactics!"

"A special unit?" Murmurs spread across the hall.

"Yes… in war, anything can happen. Even if our forces are broken up into units, it's wishful thinking to believe that each team will operate without any unforeseen circumstances. Depending on the situation, some units will find themselves in a good battlefield position, while others will be at a disadvantage. This is where we'll rely on the shinobi who possesses secret ninjutsu. We have yet to decide the captains of each company."

Sakumo turns towards A and continues.

"The second division is the lightning force platoon led by Fourth Raikage-sama as the commander. This division is suitable for quick and powerful counterattacks. They will zone the battle with their lightning-fast speed and will provide assistance throughout the battlefield and will be the primary reinforcement of the war."

A nods his head in agreement with the plan.

The Third division is the Protection Squad led by the Third Tsuchikage Onoki. This division is further split into two sub-division. The first sub-division will bolster the defenses of the main battle regiment, while the second sub-division will be responsible for the protection of the Daimyos of various nations. There is a high chance that the Akatsuki members might try to use them as high-priority ransom to gain leverage during the battle and force us into a passive position."

"Hmm…" Onoki ponders for a while before nodding his head.

"I will be part of the first sub-division and I want the wood user from Konoha to be a part of my division." Onoki makes a request.

"Yamato?!" Tsunade frowns.

"I think that won't be possible." She shakes her head.

"Huh! Why not?" Onoki frowns at her remark.

"Yamato is on a mission to protect the Jinchuriki of the Nine-tails and is currently on his way towards the place arranged by the Raikage." Tsunade shakes her head.

"That's unfortunate!" Onoki shakes his head.

"I will join your division in his steed." Gaara raises an offer.

"Hoh! If the Kazekage himself requests to join my division, then there is no point in denying his request. Also, the famed absolute defense of the Kazekage will be put to the test." Onoki agrees with the terms.

"Alright, then!" Sakumo nods and turns to Mei.

"The fourth division Water Attack Raid Unit will lead by Lady Mizukage. This group specializes in aquatic combat and will intercept any attacks from the sea."

Mei nods in agreement.

"The fifth division, the Surprise Attack Division, led by Lord Rasa, shall be responsible for setting up ambushes and intercepting enemies from blind spots. They will disrupt enemy formation and will quickly retreat after being found. This division will be proficient in guerilla warfare tactics." Rasa also accepts the arrangement.

"Other than these five battle units, there will be five support units composed of the Sealing Division, the Barrier Division, the Communication Division, the Sensor Division, and the miscellaneous combat medic Division. These divisions will stay at the back line and will aid the main division during the battles."

Sakumo turns towards the respective leaders of each division. The leader of the Sealing division is an old shinobi from Kirigakure, proficient in sealing formations. Kushina didn't directly partake in the war as she will monitor the battlefield with the CPS system. The head of the Barrier division hails from Iwagakure and is proficient in earth release and several barrier techniques, the communication division head hails from Kumogakure, while the head of the sensor division is from Sunagakure. He is the same person who was able to spot Izuna during his battle in the HOLE. The combat medic division is led by none other than Shizune. As the disciple of the most talented medic-nin of the shinobi world, no one doubts her abilities.

"That concludes the details of every division of the Allied Shinobi force."

Sakumo calmly retreats to his position as discussion breaks out in the war council. Five minutes later, silence returns to the hall as a few members of the war council raise some concerns.

Sakumo calmly clarifies everyone's doubts and reaches a consensus with the rest of the war council members.

"If a war is what Akatsuki wants, then it's WAR WE WILL GIVE THEM!" A raises his hand and hollers.

"WAR!!"

The rest of the members of the war council shout in unison.

The war council meeting ends after another heated discussion of an hour. After the meeting, the Kages gather in a private room to discuss a few things.

"The Kaminomegumi Corporation will bear the cost of the entire war," Mei announces the information to the three Kages.

"WHAT?"

Onoki, A, Rasa, and Gaara are shocked to hear this revelation.

"Are you sure you can handle the cost of a war?" Onoki asks in skepticism.

"I do! However…" Mei pauses and glances at the Kages much to their relief.

Having no conditions will lead them to suspect Konoha and Kiri's motive whereas conditions are always negotiable.

"Very well, we would like to hear the conditions."

"Alright! First, the cost of war is phenomenal. So, after the end of the war, I would request the three nations to abolish the tax of the Kaminomegumi corporation." Mei states her first condition.

"Impossible!"

Onoki screams almost instantaneously.

Others might not know this, but he definitely knows the scale of money Izuna's corporation is making. It's part of the reason he has levied heavy taxes on trade in Iwagakure.

"Then what about for the next fifty years?" Mei proposes.

"Hmm… fifty years is not possible but I can consider the next twenty-five years." Onoki shakes his head.

"I am fine with that!" Mei's and Tsunade's eyes glow in anticipation as an uneasy feeling shrouds Onoki's heart.

"What next?" He snorts at her.

"Access to all trade channels including the secret ones!"

"That's feasible." This time A agrees without any problem.

"We also agree with this term." Gaara and Onoki also agree.

"Then, my last condition is to open stores in every hidden nation. Currently, all of our products are exported and sold through other channels. We would like our outlet in the three nations."

"Hmm…"

After some pondering, Onoki agrees to it.

"Though the only store is allowed in the village." He adds.

"That's fine by me!" Mei nods with a smile thus leading to the formation of the first mall in the shinobi world.

-------------------------

A/N:- My new Naruto fan-fic, 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' is out.

Also, check out my pat reon www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife to support my work and get a sneak peak at the latest chapters of both series in advance. Read upto 80+ chapters from both series combined in advance.

13