443. Conflict of the Allied Force
479 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Well, it can't be helped. After years on the opposing sides, you can't expect them to bond and work together as a team in a day or two." Onoki strokes his beard and stares at the group of shinobis as if enjoying a show.

Sigh…

The captain of each unit helplessly shakes their head as their shinobis engage in a fight against each other.

"Someone has to step up and stop this tomfoolery." A turns to his fellow Kages.

"Well, all of us old fellows garner respect due to our power, not credibility." Onoki shrugs his shoulder.

"Isn't this the reason you are the least trustworthy among us?" Tsunade shakes her head.

"Well, it can't be helped. When you rule a village for so long, you have to make some questionable decisions that might weigh on your consciousness. It might be difficult at first, but for the shake of the village, you have no choice but to continue down that path." Onoki sighs helplessly.

"It's because of this, Iwagakure has the most terrible reputation of all," Rasa adds.

"The incident of the Yosuga Pass, and the treachery of the Waterfall village, are a few among them," Mei adds to his words.

"Well, it's not like we too have a great reputation to behold." A helpless smile appears on Tsunade's face.

"Then let me take the role of the arbitrator!"

Gaara steps out and takes the lead. He controls his sand to disrupt the combat and separate multiple individuals in the camp.

"I am disappointed!" Gaara shakes his head.

"Is this the conduct of the shinobis from five great nations who are known for their strict discipline and sense of duty?"

The shinobis who were engaged in a fight lowers their head.

"In the name of gain and profit for one's nation and village… shinobi have hated and hurt each other for many years, from the First to Third Great Ninja Wars. However, I am not here to condemn you for your misgivings.

Currently, the Akatsuki is not just threatening the safety of our village and nation; they are trying to harm the very humanity itself. Our friends, family, our loved ones, all of them are in danger because of the actions of the Akatsuki. If Akatsuki succeeds, then there will be no place called home for us shinobis."

Gaara glances at the shinobis from the Five Great Nations.

"Are you willing to let Akatsuki achieve their goal?"

The shinobis glance at each other and clench their fists.

"NOO!" A collective shout echoes in the atmosphere.

"Are you willing to let Akatsuki harm your friends and families?"

"NO!"

The ashamed shinobis also raise their head and join others.

"With this war, we will share the same experience and pain. This pain will forge friendships between us. We will step into the battlefield knowing our comrades have our back. Then how can there be bad blood between us? No one is an enemy here! Because we all bear the pain of being hurt by Akatsuki. There is no more Suna, Iwa, Kiri, Kumo, or Konoha, but shinobi! All of us are shinobis who bear the same fate. Even if you still aren't happy with Suna, then you can come to Suna and have my HEAD!"

Gaara's voice echoes through the field as his sentiments touch the heart of every shinobi.

The rest of the Kages silently stare at the expression of the rest of the shinobis.

'The look in everyone's eyes has changed." They notice the newfound resolve in the shinobis of the alliance.

"If Akatsuki achieves their aim, then the world will be finished. I want to protect my precious friends, family, and my comrades, and I want to protect this world. But I am too young, too inexperienced to protect the world alone. So, please… I request you, lend me your strength to protect this world!"

"YOU GOT IT, LORD GAARA!"

The shinobis of sand cheer for Gaara.

"We will stand with you, Lord Kazekage!" The shinobis from other nations also join in the cheers.

Sigh…

Onoki sighs and shakes his head.

"Looks like the new generation has surpassed the old-timer like me."

"You are right! He managed to do something; we couldn't do!" Tsunade also acknowledges Gaara's words.

"Gaara!" Rasa silently stares at Gaara's back.

'Looks like your mother was right! I failed her as a husband, I failed you as a father, and I even failed the village as a Kage. But now, I won't fail as a shinobi!" He clenches his fists.

"Sorry about earlier…"

The shinobis with disputes apologize to each other.

"No… I was wrong too…"

"No… I said too much…"

They shake each other hands to write off their disputes.

"Now! Now! You stole all the spotlight!" Minato chuckles as he walks forward.

"Let me take the command from here!"

Minato walks onto the main stage and stares at the group of shinobis.

"All unit, mobilize! It's time for WAR!"

Minato declares as the shinobis quickly distribute themselves into the group and march toward the battlefield.

"Let's head out, too!"

The rest of the Kage also glance at each other, prepared to mobilize on the field.

"Wait, everyone!"

Minato stops them. He passes his signature tri-forked kunai to A, Onoki, Rasa, and Mifune.

"With this, it will become easier to mobilize in the war."

"Ahh… now that's what I am talking about!" A places the kunai in his holster and nods at Minato.

Suddenly,

Screech…

An eagle soars on top of the group and lands on Inoichi's shoulder.

"Another intel?" Shikaku frowns.

"No, it's a backup request from Genbu Island. An Akatsuki spy infiltrated the island. Guy and Yamato neutralized the spy, but he managed to diverge the intel to Akatsuki." Inoichi narrates the incident of Kisame's infiltration into the group.

"If Akatsuki is aware of the Genbu island, then does that mean they also know the location of eight and nine-tails Jinchuriki?" Onoki raises a question.

"I am afraid that seems to be the case." Shikaku shakes his head.

"There is even a possibility that they might be on their way to the Genbu island to capture them both as we read this intel." He adds.

"Damn it! We have no time to waste. We have to hurry up and protect those two from Akatsuki's hands. If the enemy gets a hold of them, then this war will have no meaning." Onoki grits his teeth.

"Tsuchikage, I will teleport you to the island. Guy is carrying one of my kunais." Minato steps forward.

"Do it!"

"I will command the third division in your steed." Gaara nods at him.

Fwoosh…

Minato teleports Onoki to Genbu Island and swiftly returns to the headquarter.

-------------------

At the Genbu island,

Fwoosh…

Onoki appears at the moment of the battle between Guy, Yamato, and Deidara, Kabuto.

Fwoosh…

An explosive clay bird charges toward him and explodes on top of his body.

BOOM…

"What was that?"

The group pauses and stares at the location of the explosion.

"I think I saw Lord Tsuchikage for a second." Yamato mumbles.

"Was that old geezer? Did I finally kill him by accident?" Deidara stares at the place of the explosion.

Cough… cough…

The sorry figure of Onoki walks out of the explosion. Other than some torn pieces of cloth and slightly burned hairs of his beard, Onoki was unharmed from the explosion.

"It's really the old geezer. And he is totally fine after eating my C2 head-on." Deidara stares at Onoki.

"Hmm… this foul mouth! So, it's the brash brat from the explosion corp."

Onoki raises his head and stares at Deidara and Kabuto flying on top of a clay bird. He slowly floats in the air and appears in front of them.

"Brat, you are such a disgrace to Iwagakure for dying by committing suicide, and that too without harming even a hair of your enemy." Onoki rebukes Deidara for tarnishing the reputation of Iwagakure.

"Damn, you old geezer! Your mouth is still as foul as ever. You don't even respect the dead!" Deidara argues with him.

Hmph…

Onoki snorts and turns his attention to Kabuto.

"So, you are Kabuto! The person responsible for all this farce." He glares at Kabuto.

"Kuku… Now… now… Lord Tsuchikage. I have yet to…"

"I don't have to hear your nonsense. Just die!" Onoki claps his hand and creates a transparent orb in his hands.

"Dust Release: Atomic Dismantling Jutsu,"

A transparent cube engulfs Kabuto and Deidara.

Haah…

Onoki claps his hand and the cube shines with a bright light. Deidara's and Kabuto's bodies slowly turn into dust and vanish.

Hmm…

Onoki frowns and senses something amiss.

"That's harsh! You didn't even let me finish my greeting."

Kabuto and Deidara reappear at some distance.

"Clay clones!" Onoki frowns.

"It doesn't matter. I will end it soon!"

-------------------------

A/N:- My new Naruto fan-fic, 'The Rogue Demon of the Shinobi World' is out.

Also, check out my pat reon www.pa treon.com/ForgottenLife to support my work and get a sneak peak at the latest chapters of both series in advance. Read upto 80+ chapters from both series combined in advance.

12