Chapter 6: I Wanted A Vacation?
1.6k 13 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five years later…

A lot has happened. I caught up to my past world level of knowledge, studied about engineering and all the other things I need to succeed at Keifuu Academy. I dabbled about in aero dynamics and glider construction to have atleast some knowledge, because the game revolves around moking a glider. Having college level knowledge in middle school is easy, always becoming the top my class. I also picked up  the hobbies singing plus the guitar and I learned how to cook in my spare time, practicing and taking classes on it. My parents thought I had finally stopped wanting to become a priest, relieved, they supported me in my culinary and or music adventure. But my eyesight became slightly blurry, and the need to get spectacles arose.  

And as a side note I was captain of the kendo club winning many competitions as I did in my previous life. I have to work hard, because slacking off doesn't accomplish anything.

Shinomiya-nee grew up to be quite the beauty, winning several pageants during her high school days, which she made me watch with her. She still doted on me, until recently she had to go overseas for college. She was accepted to Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Being the eldest, she is expected to inherit Shirou Corp, so there is a lot of pressure on her shoulders. Knowing this I tried to help with that by spending time with her until she left. Though I do miss her, she frequently calls and texts me. 

‘Hey, Kazuya? How have you been? Do you miss your Onee chan? Call me okay?’

She sends with a picture of her and her friends. Sometimes these pictures are innocent sometimes they are… less so.

My brother Akihiko, actually became confident and outgoing after going out with Hanabi. They are still together, and he actually proposed to her and she accepted. He proposed by making a Pandora’s box and had her solve and inside was as ring, he took it and knelt right then and there. The date of the wedding is still in the works. Because they promised each other they will only get married after they achieved their dreams, which I though was cute. Then after graduating he went on to become a Robotics Scientist/Engineer at the Tokyo Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, making tons of advancements in his field with Hanabi still as his second in command. He dreamed of making a robot that is human. 

How he found out that was his dream? We were watching the ‘The Planet of the Bots’ and he was intrigued.

Well. I wanted to warn him about how he could possibly start the robot apocalypse because of it. But he was so determined with sparkling eyes that I relented. He said he will show it to me first when its done.

And today I am playing tennis with Kanon at her school’s court, I was only supposed to pick her up. But she challenged me, and being a man I had to accept. Which was not the greatest idea, being that she is a national tennis youth player. Always achieving gold medals, in every tennis competition she joins. Though only nine years old, her skin has somewhat darkened due to exposure to the sun, but still had light skin though not as pale as ours. She was still cute though. With brown hair and emerald eyes always on the front page of junior sports magazines.

‘Was my character the useless one in the family?’ I thought as I thought how talented my siblings were.

“Kazuya-nii-san, Non-chan is going to serve now!” she said on the other side of the court. 

She calls herself ‘Non-chan’ when she is in a good mood. I don’t know where she picked up the habit, but she did. 

‘Its actually pretty cute.’ I thought as I received her serve.

Playing with her is actually pretty fun, granted she was going easy on me and when I started to get ahead she would become serious and I would become akin tofolding screen.

 And ignoring the hosts of students cheering for Kanon and the cameras flashing as the Paparazzi takes photos of her stomping her brother at tennis. It was pretty entertaining. 

“Haha! Non-chan wins!” she says with a bright smile as she puffs her chest out proudly.

“Yeah, yeah, well played.” I say sarcastically. As I wipe the sweat on my face with a towel.

“Ehh?” she hugs me sensing my displeasure 

“Its okay someday you will be half as good as Non-chan, hihi” she says with such a bright smile that I didn’t know if she was sincere or simply just boasting.

I pat here head and quickly peel off the hug.

“There are people around, you know?” As I the camera flashes intensifies.

“Hmp! Don’t mind them lets go home!” she says as she starts packing her things

After that we walked home on the way talking about a bunch of things. The one of the things I love about this family is how close we are. 

‘Though sometimes it gets a little too close.’ I thought as the thought of Shinomiya’s doting entered my mind.

“So, how was it? Did you have fun?” Kanon asks as she leans forward whilst I carry her equipment and bag

“About what?”

“You know? Tennis?” she says while skipping along in front of me.

“I did, it was actually pretty fun, you destroyed me though.”

“Hehe, of course you challenged the great Non-chan, you know?” she says as she puffs her chest in front of me once more but puts up a V sign with her fingers.

"No I didn't, you challenged me remember?"

"Don't sweat the details! Onii-san"

“Of course, how can I beat the ‘great’ Non-chan?” I say sarcasticly as I pat her head once more.

“Hehehe…”

‘Hey? Why don't I get patted on the head when I proudly present myself’

‘Uhmmmm… The difference is she is my cute and talented little sister. And you are the angel who sometimes acts like the devil on my shoulder, depending on the situation.’

‘I can be cute too. And I have talent.” She says as flies in front of my face and does the puppy dog eyes trick. Her blue eyes became larger as her eyes began to sparkle like starry night. Then proceeds to do a dance.

It was actually pretty  cute.

‘Okay I admit. That’s pretty cute.’ 

‘Hum hum hum… So you finally admit that the grea-‘

‘Still useless, though’

‘Oi! I heard that!’ she exclaims as she flies around angrily in front of my face. 

You are probably thinking why Angelica is always materialized. Well, turns out the silver cross only needs touch my skin, so, I always had it tucked underneath my top. And if I wanted some alone time, simply take it off. 

And as of now, I don't need to be mistaken for a priest in the making anymore! WooHoo!

Also she can actually interact with the world, though somewhat limited. She can move things around like a ghost. And how did I find this out, you ask? 

Well, one day I woke up, got up and looked at the mirror to see my face had cat whiskers and glasses drawn on it, as a laughing Angelica rolled around gripping her stomach. It was permanent marker too... And so I made sure to lock all drawing utensils in a container. Though she promptly dropped said container on my stomach the next day  to wake me up. So, I had to lock that container in a drawer. I half expected to get crushed by the desk as I slept

 Though thankfully not. But she still tries prank me. Though, I don’t mind it sometimes they are actually pretty funny.

“So? Are you gonna pick up tennis?” Kanon asked

“Nah… Still kendo for me.” I answered

“Oh… okay let me try next time, okay Nii-san?” she says with a cute smile.

“Sure, but the grand master Kazuya has to hold back though.” I say proudly which was rewarded by an elbow to the ribs.

“Huek!”

“Nii-san… Don’t be boastful you will never get a girlfriend with an attitude like that!” she says as she puff her cheeks and glared as if challenging me.

“Hey. What about you?” I answer whilst I rubbed my side.

“Hmm? I don’t need a girlfriend.” She says with a smug face.

“Yeah yeah, but what if I did get a girlfriend?” I say with a grin as I look into her in the eyes.

“That’s… Ummm… She... Would have to beat Non-chan at tennis before I approve of her.” she says with a determined face.

“Well, that is impossible”

“That just means you will never get a girlfriend. Hehe! Come on, Nii-san!” she smiles brightly as she takes my hand and runs forward.

“Hey wait!” I exclaim as I struggle to catch up.

And with that we went home.

_________________________________________

Start of Summer Vacation…

“Dad… I have to ask you something” I say to my father as he sits in his office chair, reading something from a piece of paper.

“What is it, son?” he says as he puts down the paper.

“It’s something pretty important…”

“Oh, you are in that age now. Huh? Come here, let me tell you about the birds and the bees…” he says in a serious tone.

“Wha?!  Wait! No! that’s not-“ I quickly say.

“HAHAHA! I was just kidding!” he says laughing while patting my back.

As you can tell, my father has not changed a bit in these past few years. If only he has become more lively, but as I discovered, he is only like this with family. When he is with subordinate he is like Steel. Unbreakable and peerless.

He sits up with a grin, “So. What do you need son?” 

“Can I spend the summer vacation at Kazeguara?”

...

He looked at me with a confused look

“And why would you want to go there?” 

Then he looks to the side as if he was trying to remember something. Then, he looked at me with a smug face.

“Ha! So it’s finally time to become a man and chase the woman of your dreams huh? Okay, okay.” 

“Though, I can’t let you stay there alone. Seeing as you are just 11 years old, you know?” He says as he calms down.

“I can take care of myself Dad. I can cook, clean, do the laundry and defend myself you know?” I plead my case.

“You-“

“Dad! I can do this let me be independent for a change!”

“Huh…” he rubs his temple.

“You aren’t going to relent huh? Well, there comes a time in a man’s life where he needs to be independent.”

“Then…” I say expectantly

“Then there is also a time where a husband will get killed by the wife because he didn’t consult her. So, ask you mom.” He warmly smiles as if to say good luck.

“Okay…” and I calmly left the room.

_________________________________________

‘Hoho… So Azaki-sama used the “ask your mom” technique. So, any ideas to convince her?’

Angelica says mockingly as I lay on my bed contemplating something. 

‘Well, no. My older brother and sister are away so I can’t get them to look after me, so…’

‘Well? Any ideas though’

‘None...’

‘Well you gotta at least try though.’

'Yeah. I know'

_________________________________________

“No.” my mom says flatly

All negotiation techniques and methods have failed. And there is only one more option.

‘Guess I have to do that, huh…’

‘Oho… this gonna be fun’ as the angel landed on my mother’s shoulder as she washes the dishes.

I start to kneel…

“Kazuya what are yo-“ my mother says baffled at what I was doing

“Mom! Please let me go spend the summer at our house at Kazagaura!” I say as I dogeza in front of her

“Please! Mom!” I plead more.

“For the last time no! You are too young. After two years maybe. And I know you are competent enough but…”

“Mom! Please! I beg of you!” as I plead the best I can

“Why don’t you just let the boy do his thing.” my father says as he walks into the room

“Dear-“

“He is at that age where he wants to be independent. And with his intelligence it would have come sooner than later.”

“And can’t you see how determined he is about this. It will be more of a problem if he just goes without us knowing, right?” my dad continues

“I guess but, can he handle it?”

“Mom! I can! Give me a chance!”

She sighs and looked at me then father. 

“Okay…” 

With those worlds I sit up and smile the brightest I have ever have in this life. 

“Oka-san. Arigato! Daisuki!” as I hug my mother tightly.

She smiles gently, holds me by the shoulder and says.

“Ara ara… Now go pack your bags and your dad will take you there, okay?”

“Yeah. I will have some people clean it up, so, when we get there it would be alright.”

I smile once more and hug mother and father and run up to my room

‘Hmmm… You looked pathetic… But I guess it worked. And I have a video off it from a good view too.’ Angelica smiles mischievously.

‘Its called the pleading child technique. And it would only be used as a last resort. A wise man once said use everything at your disposal to achieve victory.’

‘Hmmm yeah sure… It sure was enjoyable though Mr. Wise man.’ as she produces a screen and watches it back.

‘Don’t make me take it off.’ as I go to take off the cross.

‘Oui Oui. I will behave for now!’ she continues smiling and sits on the desk. While I pack my bags.

‘So, what’s the plan Kyousuke? You gonna romance Aoi or something?’

‘No, I am going to become friends with them so thing become easier in the long run. And why Aoi?’

‘Ohohoho… Well, you know I said you had certain restraints with the heroines but I never said you had restraints wi-‘

I take off the cross and toss on the bed while I packed in sweet sweet silence.

And, no, I am not going to romance Aoi… 

No.

_________________________________________

“Take care, Dear, and eyes on the road okay?”

“Yes, Dear I will.” As he clicks away at his phone.

“Will you, Dear?” she smiles menacingly.

“Yes! Dear!” he suddenly shouts, dropping the phone and looking straight at the road as if his life depended on it.

“Good.” She reverts back to her warm smile.

“And you too Kazuya, take care. You will be alone now so take care. And call if you need anything, okay?” she smiles and embraces me once more.

“Onii-chan, take care and bring lots of sweets when you come back okay!”

“I will” I say as I pat her head.

I close the side door as I see my mother and Kanon wave at me as we wore our seatbelts.

“So. Are you ready Kazuya?” My father asks as he glances at me while facing the road ahead.

“Hai!” and we drove off.


37