Chapter 16: I Slept In The Marble Room?
924 9 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the excitement over what had happened ended, everyone was left exhausted. Both physically and mentally so we decided to call it a day and pack up, though it was still the afternoon. And after a brief discussion it was decided that we should all tell Ageha and Hotaru’s parents about what had happened and apologies properly, because that’s the responsible thing to do right?

“Kazuya! Let’s go!”

“Hurry up!” 

An-chan, who was in the driver seat waved, as did Mabou who was in the back.

I was exhausted by the sudden  dash of adrenaline and stress previously. Thus I was slower than normal, plus the long trek back onto the road didn’t help. 

 Though Ageha was probably the most exhausted one of all of us, being in the verge of death and all, she had to be carried by An-chan on the way back. That made me wonder…

‘Angelica? Did you see Ageha on the other side?’ I asked as I walked towards the truck.

‘Hmm? Why do you ask?’ Angelica answered whilst leaning onto me as she sat on my shoulder.

As I looked at her, she also seemed to be tired, as I could see from her demeanor she is much more… quiet... Plus she didn’t tease me about stealing Ageha’s first kiss which struck me as quite weird. Well it was my first kiss too, actually, if you disregard the time with my older sister…

 That reminds me, how was she doing these days? I’ll give her a call later. Maybe…

‘Nothing. You just seemed tired. So… maybe it had something to do with that?’ I asked slightly hesitant

‘…’ she just stayed quiet and yawned

Well, she isn’t denying or agreeing, so she probably did something, just what is…

“Come on. Hero!” Ma bou extends his hand as he says that with a bright smile.

Ma bou started calling me that right after, what had happened. When I asked him, he just put on a childish smile and said, that I looked really cool when I dove from the high rock, and swam ashore with Ageha in one hand. He remarked that I looked like a super hero. At that point seeing his sincerity I couldn’t ask him to stop, though it is a bit embarrassing.

I nod as I take his hand as he pulls me up onto the back of the truck. Then the noise of the engine starting sounded as we moved along. I sat on the side opposite of Mabou and Aoi. Seeing them up close now they were also tired, especially Aoi? He looked at me then at the ground as I entered and seemed to be quiet and contemplating something… 

‘Aoi please don’t go that route.’ I though jokingly earning a chuckle from the resting small angel on my shoulder

Now that I think about it, at this time he has a huge crush on Ageha, and me administering CPR may seem like I was making a move on her? How will it actually affect the story now that this had happened? I don’t know.

‘Well, I’ll burn that bridge when I get to it, its too awkward to talk to Aoi right now.’ I sighed and thought to myself,

“Well that was… exciting, I’m gonna sleep for a bit.” I sat stretching my arms then when I looked at them they seemed to have also fallen asleep as Mabou and Aoi were leaned into each other.

Seeing that the coast was clear I held the cross on my chest and closed my eyes.

What I saw was a the familiar circular marble room that I had only visited a few times, because it included actually grasping the silver cross tightly, although that wasn’t that hard, Angelica was almost always with me so there was no reason to go here. 

The room looked to be just the same, except for the fact that Angelica was sound asleep with her golden hair scattered about, and from her waist down, her body was covered by a white blanket on a circular olive green bed in the center of the room. 

In the little time I had spent in here, I had figured out the fact that times flows slower here, how much? I haven’t figured it out yet… and that only my soul was present here, so I could take any form I wanted. Though I always opted to use Sanada Kyousuke, where I felt most comfortable.

I walked up to the side bed and sat beside her and I smiled at the sight. She looked the most beautiful here. In her mature form, a curvy figure, shining silver wings, and her ample chest bobbing up and down with every breath. While her tiny angel form was cute, it couldn’t compare to this. 

I ran my fingers along her silky flowing long blonde hair. 

“Hrmm…” she reacts, then I proceed to press my hand upon her soft pale cheek, it had become a habit of mine every time I saw her fast asleep, because, it almost always solicited a cute response.

“no fair… also… my… head… Kyousuke…” she mutters as I feel a warmth on my hand while she nuzzles it

I felt a smile on my face form as I heard that, as It warms my heart every time. This is probably one of the things that keeps me from reverting back to my old cold self. This new life, had definitely changed me, after feeling the warmth of a real family, laughing out loud with friends, and the lack of politics. I no longer looked at most people as mere pawns, as the past only a few had earned my respect, and those were the ones I had found interesting. And now I also no longer looked at everyone while determining their numerical value, most of the time… I sometimes catch my self doing it, but very, very rarely. I think…

One habit I couldn’t shake however, was my tendency to wear a mask to best meet expectations and results. When they expect me to smile, laugh be sad or mad, I do it. Its easier to gain the trust of people that way.

This may be just be the cause of my previous upbringing, that I became so cold, analytical and calculating, like a machine. A robot finding the next most efficient way to earn victory by any means necessary, as was the Sanada way. 

I have become human, but I also think I have become soft, though that’s not such a bad thing. But in this life I have mostly not been flustered unless I wanted to, old habits die hard I guess.

“Thank you…” I say as I felt a moistness flow down my cheeks as pushed my face close to hers and planted a chaste kiss on her forehead. She had always been right beside me, even though she should probably be working.

 The warmth I had felt from my previous life with Hina and the Student council had disappeared all too soon, due to a cruel twist of fate. But when I thought it was all over, she came and gave me another shot, another chance and... another home... 

“Hrmm… hehehe…” she giggled like a child. 

‘If she was like this when she was awake, I may have already fallen in love…’

‘…’

‘Nah...’ I chuckle to myself at the thought then lied down on the bed next to her. Then feel my eyes get heavier as I admired her beautiful face.

_________________________________________

“Hrmmngmm, huh?” I woke to the sight of the face of a handsome black-haired sleeping man lying next to me. 

“Why…” I rubbed my eyes as I sit up and looked around, we seemed to be in the “Marble Room” the place where I process souls of the deceased. I had expected to wake up on his shoulder… but it seemed like he visited? 

I looked to the sleeping Kyousuke next to me…

I almost never catch him asleep, he was like a baby. You wouldn’t expect this guy to be the one who ushered on the era where the student council actually held power... 

‘He seemed so… innocent…’ I thought as I poked his cheek.

“Hmmm…. Mh” seeing his reaction I giggled

He would somehow always wake up before me, though the times I do wake up right before he does… I sometimes I catch him holding my cheek, fixing my hair, or patting my head. But… it did felt nice… when he does… also while wearing such a warm smile… I just pretend to be asleep at those times. Then…

‘I wonder…’ Seeing nothing happening from poking him, I escalate and put a hand on his cheek.

“Hmm… mgmm” he just groans and mutters something inaudible

“Ha….” I sighed

“ Shouldn’t have expected too mu-“ 

As I said that, a tear seemed to trickle from his eye, as he wore that same genuine warm smile he only wears when he is actually happy. He looked so… dazzling? Beautiful? I can’t describe it, he just looked happy…

“Thank… you…” he mutters still wearing his serene smile.

*doki doki*

“Huh… hehehe” I giggled, at that as I felt my face slightly heat up.

‘He can be cute if he wanted to… if only he was always like this… well if he was normal isekai virgin boy… it wouldn’t be as fun trying to find ways to make this stone faced guy blush.’ I laughed thinking back to all the things I did to achieve that… only to hang my head to realize I have never once done it.  The only time I had seen him blush was when he stared at Amane…

‘Huuuuuu! Sure she is beautiful but… how does she compare to an literal angel?! What does she have that I don’t?’ I thought as I recalled Kyousuke staring at her, with star struck eyes.

‘Ughh… I’ll get you to do it someday.’ Thought with a new found determination but…

“How can a man not get flustered around an Angel anyway? I mean, we are literally mythical beings. The embodiment of transcendent beauty!” I shouted at the air and then I flailed about, as I recall all the souls I had previously encountered. Their reactions were mostly, scared, embarrassed, angry, some worshiped me going on to a full blown bow and some even tried flirting with me only to be swiftly sent to hell.

 Though Kyousuke… when he arrived here he was calm, albeit a little remorseful. When he was in  the infinite abyss, him doing a flashback with added commentary of how he died, accompanied by sound effects really made me laugh. And he did flirt with me, he did a good job at that too, which made me wonder about his intentions, though when I read his thoughts it wasn’t to attract me… 

He was just being playful and... he just saw me as someone interesting that wanted to break the façade of? And he was having fun doing it? 

‘What kind of weird hobby did this guy have?’ I laugh to myself at the thought.

Well he did a good job over this past 7 years and many more years to come I hope… Also bantering with him really is, fun... I had to admit… 

“I did try to send him to hell, he saw through me, though…” I chuckled remembering his reaction at that time, that was the most flustered I had ever seen him. Though he did almost had to spend eternity suffering. But no need to sweat on the details… 

Though this guy is not normal, for someone to stay calm in any situation is really weird… though that’s also his charm.

“Well… probably time to wake him up?”

“…”

“Nope. I should enjoy this while it lasts. Its not everyday that I catch this guy sleeping.’ I thought as I lay next to him and stare into his face

“He looks pretty cute though…”

_________________________________________

I open my eyes, looking into what looked like Angelica’s blue gorgeous eyes staring right at me. 

‘Probably time to tease her’ 

“So enjoying your time admiring me as I slept?” I winked and gave her a mischievous smile.

“Eh? No I.. No… this…” she suddenly reacts as her face instantly becomes beet red.

I chuckled at her reaction. Then she gets off the bed, stand up and turn her back to me. And breaths in and out deeply as if trying to calm herself down.

“Ha… you should probably get back” she sighs and open what looked to be a screen off An-chan’s truck grinding to a halt in front of ‘Himegi Sport Needs’

“You have to explain to the parents how you wooed both their daughters and even stole the first time of the eldest.” She turns back around with a cheeky smile as she teases me, back to her normal self now.

I only smiled warmly at her attempt, then I sat up, walked up to her and patted her on the head.

“Heh? Wha-“ Surprised by me suddenly petting her she didn’t know what to do.

“It’s not just me. ‘We’ both actually need to go back. Right? Partner?” I smiled

“Huh? Oh… yeah” she says with a tinge of red on her cheeks as she looks down trying to hide it. She then waves her hand in a familiar circular motion. And an also familiar pristine white door appeared.

I only chuckled as I took her hand as I lead her with me as we went through the door.

“Partner…” she mutters quietly. I barely heard it but I felt a smile form on my face due to it as I shook my head.

Now, time to return home…

As always hoomans if you liked the chapter, leave a favorite Beep Boop (~>o<)~

32