Chapter 27: I Kneeled Down?
690 8 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So… 

What are your choices when the father of the girl, whose head you are currently patting, walks towards you whilst emitting a certain amount of ominous aura? 

Well, here are a few first of all… 

1) Run.

 The first one, I just hear a beat drop, though that would be a bit too embarrassing and a bit comical…

2) Call him Daddy

The second is just a no… It might be funny and it might also just be awkward, also I want to keep living if that’s what you are asking. And I am also not in love with his daughters, so this will probably just further this misunderstanding…

So no.

Next up is

3) Play dead, hope that the shock will appease him, and that everything will somehow be okay…

While the third option is in the ‘it’s so crazy it might work’ realm, plus it might be funny as I imagine me falling over instantaneously. As much as I wanted to see how everyone will react to such a curve ball, I really didn’t want to give ammunition to a certain angel for teasing me … So, that’s a no

Then there is the 4th option which is to…

“Oh, is something the matter, Mr. Sato?” I say politely…

4) Play it cool…

Not the most powerful of plays but it has the highest chance of working to diffuse the situation. If, and this is a big if, done correctly. And I am used to this gaze, albeit somewhat…

“Kazuya-san?” he says as he grips my shoulder quite hard, with the famous fatherly vice grip that I encounter pretty often in the past, well past life…

“Yes, Mr. Sato?” I ask trying not to wince in pain

“Will you have a little chat with us for a bit?”  He tightens, it is beginning to hurt. He looks into my eyes, though I don’t show any sign of pain, reacting now would be a bit uncouth. So, I looked to Mrs. Shizuka for help but she just nodded in resignation as if telling me to do as he says…

‘No choice, huh?’

I conceded as I nod as well, best just to do what they say else be sent to the chopping block…

Or maybe this was the chopping block I was heading to now, I’m not sure yet. I really need to get back at a certain angel for this…

 ‘Goodluck.’ A certain angel whispers to my ear, in a playful tone, while sat on my shoulder. It was as if she heard me thinking. She was either challenging me or sarcastically wishing me luck for my upcoming trial. I contemplate this for a bit as I follow the Himegi parents to the store front leaving the Himegi sisters and An-chan behind in the back room…

The atmosphere of the situation I was in was a tad bit tense if I do say so myself… Both adults in front of me were deadly silent, as they wore serious expressions while it looked to be that they were analyzing me…

Needless to say it was intimidating, though I stood firm. You should be ready to use sincerity because it’s the most effective tool when interacting with parents… Worst case scenario I just have to kneel into a seiza and apologize profusely…

‘So, this is how parents evaluate potential son in laws huh?’ A certain angel says as she looked at the two adults quizzically…

‘Can you please stay quiet for a bit?’ I pleaded

‘Hmmm… Nah.’ She says as she continues trying to get my attention in various ways….

From dancing in front of me to waving her hand in front of my eyes, she began a distraction campaign.

‘You aren’t going to let up, are you?’

‘Nope, so let’s see how long you last. Oh, how about you say this…’

‘Say what?’

Then a screen suddenly pops out in front of me saying…

[Mr. Sato I have come to ask the hand of both your daughters, as I request that they become a part of my Harem]

‘…’

‘So make sure to put an emphasis on the last part, wouldn’t want him to get the wrong idea, you know?’

‘What wrong idea, that whole sentence is just wrong. That screen might as well say, “I want to die, so please kill me”’

Without a moment’s notice later, the screen suddenly flickers and what I just said replaces the original text

[I want to die, so please kill me, daddy]

‘I didn’t say that last part.’

‘Well, I took some artistic liberties, if you know what I mean.’ She says with a smug grin and a mischievous tone.

I smirked and sighed as I instinctively rubbed my temple…

This became a trigger… the sight of me sighing and rubbing my temple, must have made them think that I was not taking them seriously. Mrs. Shizuka suddenly looks at me in a more quizzical manner while Mr. Sato’s face became darker, as his eyes grow sharper, I was like I had just disrespected him by sighing… 

Well, I guess I did?

Because this the situation was going from to tense to awkward, fast, as I was quietly getting stared at by two adults, while a certain angel tries to get my attention through the use a bunch of antics…

Seeing that this situation will only be getting worse if nothing is done, I decided that pride should be put aside and I should just swallow the bitter pill…

_________________________________________

I and my wife are now at the front of the store, I had just asked Kazuya to come have a chat with me. After a bit of research, I found out that in addition to being a genius in both academics and sports, more so with kendo. He is also popular and hails from a rich family, and that might lead to a broken heart for my little girls, who seemed to like him. And also getting stuck into their own world while we were around? 

And why did I still not trust him, even though he was polite when we first met? Well, that is because of how easy it is to put on mask. I do, so I need to see if he is indeed wearing a mask or not. And because popularity sometimes makes the person conceited especially when someone is young, he might develop a large ego. So, in order to find out if he really is sincere, I wanted to talk to him, though Shizuka somehow find it amusing to follow us.

So, here we are, the purpose of this talk was to see if his personality was as sincere as he let out to be, or if he was wearing a mask. Secondly, is that the sports supplies we bought, we need to know if those will serve any purpose, or if this is just me jumping the gun, and not getting a return in my investment…

Shizuka seems to think highly of him, sometimes even pushing the girl onwards, but I am still on the fence.

I was just looking at him, along with Shizuka, but he is weirdly calm about all this, and when I grabbed his shoulder earlier he didn’t even flinch. This unsettled me somewhat…

“…?!” 

As I was contemplating, I suddenly see him sigh and rub his temple. Did he find this annoying? Well, I guess so, I mean we are just standing in silence here…

I should probably ask him now…

I sighed

“Ka- Huh?” As I was about to speak, he suddenly kneels down,

‘Wait, don’t tell me?’ I look to my wife who was mildly surprised but also seemed to be also amused at the sight. 

He then fully bows his head down leaving both me and Shizuka confused as to why.

“Sorry, for all the trouble I have caused. I see that my behavior has been inappropriate, and that my actions have disrespected you, so I shall repent by leaving and staying away from both Hotaru and Ageha, sorry for inconveniencing you both…” He says in a sincere tone whilst still bowing“

“Eh?!” what he said added to our shock, leaving us dumbfounded, as both his behavior and words were too mature for his age.

He then slowly stands up with his face hanging down,

‘Wait, he won’t come near them both anymore? Won’t that make Ageha and Hotaru sad; also what if they think I was the reason for this, they will probably hate me. I can’t let that happened. Also, him not coming near the shop will also make the supplies I bought useless.’ I looked to my wife in panic, who seemed to understand what I was thinking…

Hello! I am back hoomans! Sorry that this chapter is shorter than normal BeepBoop!?

I am still trying to come back to the writing, and still settling in to writing again BoopBeep!?

So if there are any feed back dont hesitate to tell me! BeepBoop!?

27