Chapter 29: I Was Questioned?
1k 18 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 “Uhmm… did I say something wrong?” Kazuya asked hesitantly, that of which suddenly brought us back from our sudden bout of contemplation as I looked down at him. Shizuka seemed to also have been surprised by the demeanor of which he had answered. To be honest just looked so… perfect that I was surprised.

Though as I was about to answer, Shizuka suddenly cut ahead of me.

“No, Kazuya-kun, it was just a little surprising”

“Why?”

“You looked so sincere with your answer that I was just surprised.”

“What?”

“No… nothing, let’s move on.” I quickly shrugged it off, thinking that if my answer was too weird to say to an eleven year old.

‘Your answer was too sincere kid, I don’t trust you.’ Yes, probably shouldn’t say that.

“…”

“Well, moving on. Pick the next one Kazuya-san, the next question.” I said as a smiling Shizuka then holds out only one finger…

_________________________________________

As much as Angelica can be annoying at times, cue quick flash back to a few minutes ago, when she somehow goaded me into this predicament. She was right about them thinking my answer was too perfect.

‘But what was I supposed to do?’ I thought out loud, but to my surprise there was no retort from Angelica. Though as I planned to get back at her later, I kept my wits to myself to not make any more mistakes.

 Bracing myself for the next question I readied myself, thankfully Angelica was now just quietly observing the situation; well, to be precise she was looking at me with a mischievous grin as she sat on my shoulder…

Hesitating for a few seconds, I look towards her out stretched hand only to see her putting up her index finger. 

“…” I was confused…

“Mrs. Shizuka? What happened to the other question?” I asked 

“Hmm? No, you already answered it, so don’t worry, Kazuya-kun.” She says with a warm smile.

“Oh, I see.” I say curious as to what question I seemed to have answered.

“Having hard time picking? There are a lot to pick from, I don’t blame you.” Mrs. Shizuka quips as her previously warm smile turning mischievous in a mere second whilst she waves her finger.

“Or… are you perhaps curious about the other question?” She asked

I swiftly nodded eager to find out 

“Well, Sato…”

“Hmm… Well, do you know… that my daughter has quite the fondness for you?” he asked after being prompted to.

”Yes. I am aware.” I answered keeping calm already expecting a question about their daughter.

“Then why do you still act all close, with her then?” Mr. Sato crossed his arms his expression suddenly becoming sour in an instant.

“Well, firstly her reactions to head pats and compliments are absolutely adorable.” I smiled whilst recalling her cute reactions.

“Tsk.” He clicked his tongue 

This put me on edge for a moment, but I continued thinking I had finally learned my lesson, and so tried to just answer without analyzing each word in my brain first. This, in hindsight, is not the greatest idea I had thought off in my time walking the earth

 “I just… want her to come out of her shell. Frankly she is… too shy. It may seem that I am leading her on, but I will leave after vacation, so she will grow out of it right? And it’s the time for kids to discover love right? And she first loves are meant to fail right… I mean you know?” I continue on spouting as many reasons I could. As I said what just came to mind, as apparently thinking of what you say makes you suspicious…

“Pfft...” then suddenly Mrs. Himegi stifles a laugh

“Huh?” I reacted 

“Is something funny Mrs. Himegi?” I asked as I looked at them with a quizzical expression.

“You really are just an eleven year boy too smart for his own good, huh?” she suddenly asked wearing an amused smile.

“Uhh… yes, at least I think I am… eleven?” I then proceed to look down and pat my chest, as if confirming that I was indeed my age…

This prompts the two to start laughing out loud, which made me think if the others who stayed at the back would hear them.

‘Very funny Kyousuke.’ Angelica said sarcastically

‘What was I supposed to do, or rather say?’ I harrumphed at her in my head

‘How about… Yes, indeed, I am very much a young child and I’m definitely not an isekai’d protagonist here to whisk your daughters away into my ever expanding harem of beautiful, one dimensional women.’ She says whimsically wearing her signature smug smile, as I tried my best resist the urge to pinch her cheek in retaliation to her remark

_________________________________________

“Pfft.. hahaha”

I look at my wife who also looked at me, and we both let out a laugh.

‘What was I worried about, this kid is too smart for his own good.’ I thought as he nervously smiled, looking at us with a puzzled expression as we laughed.

‘Well, at least I know that Hotaru picked a good one, huh?’ I thought

‘Wait… what am I thinking?’ I double back on myself…

_________________________________________

After sharing a hearty chuckle the mood seemed to have the mood seemed to have relaxed somewhat as the tense atmosphere dissipated. Mr. Sato then goes behind the counter and produces two wooden stools laying on down beside me and the other one to Mrs. Shizuka, of which after he goes to sit at the nearby counter. We sat down on the stools.

“Well, now that talks about your relationship with our daughter has now come to a close how about answering the original question” She once again points her index finger upwards.

“Do you like Kazegaura? What do you think about it?” she asked seemingly excitedly…

“Well yes, I it is a beautiful town and the fresh air is a welcome change from the various aromas the city has. And the people here seems… nice.”

“So… have you considered living here?” Mr. Sato asked hesitantly

“Yes.”

Not registering my answer Mr. Sato pitched “… Well Kazuya, I know that this town might not offer as much as the city, BUT! Its more natural!” 

“The feel here is better and there are many cute girls in this, seeing as…” Mrs Shizuka added whilst they both noded

 “Wait what…?” Mr. and Mrs. Himegi said in unisonwith dumbfounded faces, after realizing what I just said

“…”

“Really?!” Mr Sato exclaimed

“Hahaha. And here I thought I had to coerce you into staying” Mrs. Shizuka said with a wistful smile almost as if she would have preferred to actually coerce me…

Of course I had considered living here that was the entire game plan as a matter of fact. To live here and become part of the story told in the visual novel I adored so very much. And maybe, just maybe get close to my favorite waifu, Amane…

‘Just maybe, huh? Isn’t that just understatement Kyousuke? Shouldn’t it be marry Amane, Ageha, Hotaru, Kanako, Kotori, Aoi…’ she says as she counts on her hand per name called whilst flying and sitting on a nearby shelf, her smile widening at the last name she provided

‘Haha.. very funny…’ I retorted in my mind

‘…’

‘Why is Aoi included?’ I asked after the last name she mentioned

‘Well… You never know right? And if you do go that route I won’t judge. I am such an open minded person, am I not?’ She says with a cheeky grin

As I was about to think of a witty comeback, I swear I had one. 

‘Sure you did.’ A voice in my mind said, as my attention returned to the two who were finished with their celebration, after being told that I had plans to live here? Which I thought was weird, though I had a feeling I was about to find out why. 

_________________________________________

“Haaa… What are they talking about out there?” I said as I looked to the bored An-chan who seemed to be playing with his phone, and the still blushing Hotaru sat on another box on the other side of the room.

‘I know getting pat on the head feels good but…’ I thought as I looked at my beet red sister curiously. 

‘…’

‘So boring…”

I stood up to annoy my little sister…

But it seemed like she is lost in her own world even as I try Ageha’s super teasing technique.

‘Hmmm…’ Growing impatient, and looking for anything to do. I my eyes went to the nearby box and a thought entered my head.

“Hey, Hotaru? An-chan?” I called out to the both of them as I gestures to a particularly long box separated from the other piles

“Wah.. Oh A-Ageha-nee-san?” She says as she snaps back into reality

“Oh, are you planning to…” An-chan looks at me with curious expression

“You wanna see what is inside the boxes?” I said with excitement as I look back and forth at them and the box

“B-But Onee-san, father said…” Hotaru protested

“Come on, it’s just a peek. It won’t hurt anyone right? Anchan” I look at An-chan who chuckled at what I had said.

“Hmmm… I am quite curious as to what’s inside, and Kazuya is currently talking to your parents… so…”

Me and Hotaru looked up at him as he was thinking of something…

“…”

“Why not” An-chan says with a shrug as we move towards the box, then proceed to open it…

_________________________________________

“Is that so…” I felt a sense of relief wash over me as the investment I made found its mark, though I did jump the gun a bit, buying this many supplies for, thinking about it now we should have bought in a few years when he actually decides to live here. The amount of people that will come to buy at our store will skyrocket if Kazuya were to live here.

‘But there’s nothing we could do now… Well the early bird catches the worm right? I may have been too early, but no matter.’

“Well, we have a surprise for you then.” My wife says with a bright smile as she goes to pick up a box from the pile next to us and puts it down in front of us, I took out a box cutter as I cut the tape binding the box to close, revealing the supplies we just bought…

“Is this?” He asked surveying the contents of the box

“Yes it is.” I answered with a proud smile, only for him to look up at us with a curious gaze...

Well I am back, and also a bit rusty BeepBoop?. So if there are any mistakes in grammar or plot holes please comment down below so I will know to fix them hoomans! BoopBeep!?

For updates dont forget to follow me as I sometimes become busy BeepBoop!?

28