Chapter 2
48 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Can you believe it? I asked her out, that took a lot of courage. I was so happy when she said 'yes' and then after a few weeks of dating and just when I had the courage to kiss her. That's when she decided to end things the very next day." Scott drunkenly complained.

Sam nodded while taking more sips of his lager.

"Terrible.. terrible." He responded absentmindedly while tracing the strange patterns on his glass.

Mortals and their insignificant issues.

Sam can't help but scoff. He didn't quite understand how he got involve in this. After that debacle this afternoon, he copied how humans would comfort a fallen soldier; lost in the battle that is love.

Something I would never understand.

He snickered at that thought. Somehow Scott asked him if he would like to just have a drink with him, since he couldn't ask his other friends as they would just laugh at him. And now here he was sitting across a table with this babbling fool.

Scott was already starting to sway unsteadily under the effects of the alcohol. How much has he had?

Weakling.

Sam thought as he noticed that this was only Scott's second pint of lager. Sam contemplated whether to just leave him there but no, he's come here to try and be better; better at what? He doesn't quite know but he wants to change. Apparently the human world would allow him to apparently 'hit two birds with one stone'. Well according to Aza anyway, hopefully the perverts on to something.

Having been in the human world for three years now the best course of action would be to ask for his address and booked an Uber or a taxi for him.

He was about to do just that when a voice interrupted him.

"Well well, look at that you guys are like two peas in a pod. Did someone break your heart too?" Ashe stood beside them gleefully.

Great this annoying little flesh bag.

Sam groaned in frustration. He did not really want to deal with her right now. This self-proclaimed princess that thinks the whole world revolves her because she's a pretty little thing. He can't help but roll his eyes at her and said nothing.

Out of sight. Out of mind.

"Girls look at this two losers.." she laughed mockingly as she invited her group of friends over.

Ahhh!

Sam groaned softly in frustration. This day could not get any worse. He turned his head towards her. Ashe was standing there confident and looking devilishly tempting. Wearing a bright red patterned mini dress that is just long enough to cover her while showing off her soft creamy thighs. She was wearing a black choker as well as a maroon stocking.

"See something you like?" She taunted smugly, leaning over to showcase her cleavage.

"Yeah.. sure.." he smiled at her nonchalantly.

"Anyway this guy is one of your acquaintances right? Anyone know where he lives."

"Yes. I can take him home if you want." Answered Melissa abruptly. She smiled wryly when her friends turned to look at her with raised eyebrows.

Sam smiled at her gratefully as he walked towards her.

"Thanks, you're an angel." He said while grabbing his hoodie and heading towards the door.

"Wait." A hand grabbed him by the shoulder.

How dare this puny human!!

Sam growled under his breathe quietly. He lost control for a moment causing the lights to flicker on and off erratically causing everyone to gasp in shock. Sam took a deep breathe to try to get himself under control.

"What?" He said irritably, turning to face this annoying woman. His sudden movement startled her as she yelp and stepped back.

Ashe narrowed her eyes at him.

"An apology."

"Huh?" He stared at her in confusion.

"For this morning." She iterated. Ashe almost stamped her feet in frustration looking at this guys confused face.

"You crashed into me causing me to fall."

Sam just stared at her blankly and then turned around and left.

Ashe mouth resembled that of a goldfish as she stood there frozen in shock.

A chorus of 'ohhhhh's' made its way into her ear. She turned around to see her group of friends staring at her snickering to each other on what just happened.

"I thought I'd never see the day. Ashe Scottbrock snub by a guy." Cindy commented. The brunette then began to laugh in good nature. Her other friends began to join her while they crowded around her in amusement.

"I will get that apology from him." She stated matter of factly.

"Oh darling, I think he's just playing hard to get." Cooed Melissa. She was busy trying to get Scott's coat on him and prompting him to stand up.

"Really Mel? Scott.." said Ashe to her friend in disbelief.

"What? He's cute." She said defensively. Which Cindy and her just laugh.

"Not everyone can just use a finger to beckon any guy that she wants." Mel laughed. "Besides I think he's a good guy.. just has a bad taste in women which I will fix."

"Mel how could you?" Ashe faked shocked. "I think he has very excellent taste in women." She said seriously. Then laugh out loud because she couldn't keep up with the farce any longer

"Yeah yeah..." Mel replied rolling her eyes.

***

Sam walked briskly until the bar disappeared from his sight. He closed his eyes and allowed his power to pulse outwards like a wave. Sensing no other living being nearby he looked up and grunted as shadows wrapped around him like a blanket. He exhaled relishing the feeling of control. He began to hover slowly off the ground and with a single command from his will he propelled into the sky.

He hovered in the air as he tried to find the source of the disturbance.

Ah tainted souls. Its so weak I almost miss it. Well I better take care of it before anyone else gets hurt. I don't want another lecture from Michael asking me why I didn't take care of it.

Sam groaned and hang his head. He was wrong earlier, this day could definitely get worse. Where is the sentinel that is in charge of this area Sam wondered as he landed on the top of the abandoned building. Sam concentrated his power and wrapped it around him like a protective barrier as he smashed through concrete walls and ceiling.

Looks like I interrupted something.

Sam smiled cheerfully as he landed in the middle of two hundred tainted souls.

"You guys having a party?" Sam called out cheerfully. The smoky apparitions began to scream together in sort of a twisted harmony as they began to charge trying to rip him apart.

Sam smirked as he conjured up thousands of black feathers frozen mid-air. "Sorry guys, you should have never forgot my invitation." he mocked as he commanded the black feathers to slice and dice the tainted souls.

Screams of pain, anger and fear filled the dilapidated building as the feathers pierce through the monstrous apparitions and ripped them apart. "You guys should have moved on before you were taken over by regret or you're so called unfinished business. Its never good for a soul to stay a long time in the mortal world, they will get corrupted over time."

"My work is never done and I'm suppose to be on holiday right now." sighed Sam as he walked over to the deceased sentinel.

He kicked the corpse to flip it over. "Huh? She must be a new sentinel she's young." mused Sam.

Sam crouch down placing his hand upon her chest as he called upon the power within him, he called upon her soul and stitched it back to her body. Then with barely any effort he healed all her wounds in a matter of seconds.

The black haired girl with red hight lights sat up in fright, she began to stand up and assumed a fighting stance.

"Wait what? The tainted souls where are they." she whispered in confusion.

"Last thing I remember was being surrounded and being ripped apart." she shuddered and wince in pain at the memory. She look around the empty room in confusion and wonder. The walls and floors were all covered in slit like holes.

"Who save me?" she wondered as she began to feel her unblemished body, the only sign that she experience a battle was the abysmal state of her clothes. Her face grew red when she notice that her breast were expose in the cold air, her armour now gone and the clothes underneath it shredded.

"I did."

"Huh?" Deyah exhaled sharply in panic, conjuring up a red sword and gripping it tightly.

"Who's there?" she called out shakily.

Sam jumped down in front of her and Deyah freaked and swung her sword on reflex. Sam caught it barehanded and held it mid swing.

"How? Who are you?" she shuffled backwards in fear.

"Wow.. I don't even get a thanks for saving your life sentinel?" Sam replied dryly.

"Wait what?"

"Well anyway if you really want to thank me. Try to not make me do your job, I am on holiday after all." Sam chuckled and then he vanished. The only evidence that he was there was the black feathers that slowly fell to the floor.

1