Chapter 11
488 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took about an hour for me to reach the spot where the stricken Titan of Bone lay, my long legs allowing me to easily stride over almost all the terrain obstacles in my way once I got the hang of walking again. The dead landscape I passed through was... disheartening. Here and there, I could see signs of where there clearly had been something alive, such as a withered tree, or the skeletal structure of a long-dead animal, but as expected I didn't find a single currently living organism. Even after I destroyed the necromantic field, I predicted that it would quite possibly take decades to centuries for this place to truly recover.

As I stepped over the final ridge between myself and the life-sucking horror at the center of the Dead Wastes, I found myself gazing upon their emaciated, gruesome form. Where I had built my chassis with a sleek metallic hull, the abomination before me looked more like a partially disassembled corpse, completely lacking in skin in favor of an exposed skeletal structure with what seemed to be partially decomposed muscles anchored to it. Meanwhile, the monstrosity's chest cavity was far from a hollow ribcage, instead being filled with gory, rotting organs connected in a nonsensical manner.

I wasn't too worried as I readied my massive Proton Beam Rifle to fry this monster once and for all, seeing as all the math regarding this fallen Titan's mana flow indicated that it didn't have the power necessary to move. Still, as I pointed the massive weapon down at this creature and got ready to hose them down with nuclear fire, an unexpected message appeared in my interface, reading

Message From Titan of Bone: I have a request to make, fellow Titan.

Somewhat astonished, I found myself replying

Sending Message: If you want mercy, you won't be getting that. You will die by my hand, stealer of countless lives.

Message From Titan of Bone: That wasn't the request I wished to make; it is within the rights of the strong to do as they wish to the weak, and though it pains me to admit it, I rendered myself weak in my attempts to become strong. I simply have a request about the nature of the death you inflict.

Sending Message: What would that request be?

Message From: Titan of Bone We are Titans, but we are also Dungeons. I simply wish to be slain in the manner befitting a Dungeon, with monsters rampaging through my corridors and smashing my core. Dying by externally applied brute force is more befitting of a Grand Dragon.

For several moments, I pondered the other Dungeon's request. There was a not completely negligible possibility that this was some kind of trick to scrape together enough mana to get moving again, but on the other hand this could provide invaluable experience at commanding my minions in hostile territory.

Sending Message: I will grant your request. You still need to die so that this region can live once more, but it will at least be a death befitting a dungeon.

With that, I opened the entrance on my forehead, and began discharging my new flight-equipped Clockworks. Simultaneously, I knelt down as I drew my left knife, and with a single plunging stab I opened up the Titan of Bone's corridors for my minions to invade.


Urist McSmith was, not to put too fine a point on it, scared out of her mind. That tended to be the case when you were unexpectedly snatched from your home, were bound, gagged, and blindfolded, and were then taken on a long, uncomfortable journey against your will. This was only amplified by the fact that Urist's home was in fact nearly half a mile below ground, in one of the most fortified locations the world had to offer; namely, a dwarf citadel.

The woman was just beginning to lose track of time since she had been abducted, when she was unceremoniously dumped butt-first onto a solid stone floor, and her gag and blindfold were removed. Urist looked up, and up, and up. Finally, their gaze met the truly enormous visage of a towering blue dragon, sunlight from the massive stained glass windows reflecting off their scales with a metallic sheen.

The dragon in question did not look happy in the slightest, as it said "Dwarf, I require the knowledge of your ilk when it comes to the best way to destroy machines. There is a new Titan on the loose, and it is a Titan of Steel, with many features indicating that their theme is mechanical in nature. As such, you will immediately set about devising a plan to slay that Titan, or I will devour you on the spot, is that clear?"

Urist was shocked into silence for several moments, which the dragon seemed to take as encouragement to begin reaching down towards her with those absolutely massive talons. They didn't get very far before Urist shouted "I'll do it, I'll do it! I'll need a better description of the Titan in question, but..."

Suddenly, the dragon shouted "ENOUGH! I accept your volunteering of your services. Guards, show this woman to her office please."

With that, the gag and blindfold were reapplied, and Urist felt herself being dragged away to who knows where, dreading what would come next.

12