Chapter 3
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexia's POV

"Who are you and where am I?" I yell at the man who just entered the room. He balances a tray he was holding on his left hand while holding up his right one in surrender. He shuts the door softly then walking. As he did, I snatch the nearest thing I could hit him with if he comes near me.

On cue, he stood in his place for less than a minute before walking to his left; the tray is put there as he stares at me, a few strands of his hair fell in front of his brown eyes in the process. He isn't bad looking in my opinion; His raven hair isn't too short nor too long, just moderate. His his black T-shirt and trousers also go well with his limestone skin color..

"I asked you a question." I growl, his eyes widen before yelling,

"Hey! Put that lamp down right now; I'm not going to hurt you!"

"I asked a question. Who the hell are you?" He lets out a sigh, defeated, he finally answers me:

"My name's Landon Walker, Alpha of the Dark Wood pack and you're in my house...Do you remember anything?"

No way!

"Alpha!" This was a statement a complete rather than a question. From my disbelief, I stumble backwards, my lower back hitting the nightstand next to the bed; he scowls at my reaction before continuing,

"I take it you don't like Alphas?" He looks disappointed when I nod. He lets out another sigh before lifting up his righthand, massaging his forehead.

"Rest assure, I'm not going to do anything to hurt you. Do you remember anything?"

"I was in the forest and I was attacked and..." What happened after that?
I look at the clothes I'm wearing; a black hoodie, grey sweatpants as well as socks provided me with extra warmth. I don't really want to know who changed my clothes...Oh I must ask him that!

"Wait, earlier, when you entered the room, you said mate. Why can't I smell you?" 

"You ask quiet a lot of questions." He chuckles before carrying on;
"Two rogues attacked you and you were severely injured. As for the mate, you are my mate. You probably can't smell or do anything like before because of what the doctor gave you earlier." He paused for a second before continuing,

"You won't be able to communicate with your wolf for a short while too. Just in case, a doctor is coming to check on you; after that, you can eat." With that said, I once again start thinking of how and why I ended up like that.

I stare at him while he simply stares back, our mini-staring contest was cut-off when someone knocked on the door.
I want to tell him the sad news that I don't want a mate...

"Enter." The Alpha said as he went to stand by the window near him.

A brunette woman with brown eyes enters, her eyes glancing at her Alpha and me before walking towards me.
I didn't catch her name when she starts talking. She holds up my right arm; I realise that it's wrapped. She then holds my head as she asks,
"Do you have a headache?"

"Yes."

"That's alright; you hit your head and you have a slight concussion. I gave you some sedatives earlier so you'll be tired for a while. You might want to have something warm before sleeping again." She said before giving me a pill;
"Have this if the headache gets worse. I'll see you at the full moon tonight, Alpha." She says before nodding at the Alpha, leaving the room again. Well that was fast...

"So, mate what's-"

"Don't call me mate." I cut him off; he stares at me with wide eyes before talking again,

"What?"

"I'm not your mate." Where did I get this courage from?

"You're rejecting me?" His eyes darkening as he walks to me.

"Stay back!" I hold the lamp again; he angrily slaps it from my hand. It shatters against the wall while my shoulders are roughly held. Shaking me, yells:
"What do you mean?"

"I'm rejecting you!" I scream, before I can properly reject him and seize our mate bond, he let go of my left shoulder, his palm against my mouth, silencing me.

"Don't you dare reject me. You're my mate and I'm not letting you go!" He growls,
"I'll leave you here alone, you'd better think about what you said." He lets me go before striding to the door. He slams it behind him, leaving everything in the room shaking as well as me. He's so scary. I can't stay here, I need to leave soon.
Letting out a shaky breath, I go to the shattered lamp, grabbing a hide-able yet big piece of glass and put it in the hoodie's pocket. I need at least this for a weapon, I wonder how long will I stay without Cara...

I push the curtain blocking the window, I find dusk's light almost reaching the last ray.
With my aching body and numb mind, I go to the table where the tray that Alpha left. I can't smell like I could before, I'm like a human. At least before I left my pack I could do basic stuff werewolves can do, but now...
I sit down, lifting the cover off the tray; a plate full of fresh-looking vegetables, lots of fruits, a small bowl of nuts and seeds as well as a cup of warm milk. Much more as well as much healthier than what I am used to.
I start eating while thinking of how to escape this place; properly rejecting him will lead to either getting confined here, or him killing me.
Using the window in my current condition isn't an option either. The door is my last option, but is it safe? After eating, I find another door near one of the corners, it leads to a bathroom; the window there is quiet small too, It'll be like throwing myself right into trouble.

Just like a couple of days ago, I'll have to wait till the moon is up before escaping. Good thing it's the moon's call tonight, if I get Cara back soon, I can make it to the human lands tonight! But what about my scent? I need to look for the nearest river, much better, a waterfall...

After finishing my food, I sit cross-legged on the bed; soon, someone knocks on the door. The door opens, revealing an elderly brunette lady smiling at me gently.
Her dark eyes slightly crinkling at the corners while softly says:
"Can I enter? I need to clean the broken glass or you might get hurt."
Well that's... I merely nod before hugging my legs to my chest. She puts a water bottle on the table before cleaning up the shattered glass. 

"Would you like me to get you some food or something to drink?" She asks as she opens the door slightly; I shake my head in refusal.

"Then will we see you when we start our call?" I also shake my head and she sighs in response, probably disappointment. She softly shuts the door behind her, leaving me alone again.

Fast forward a few scary hours, it was the first time in years I was without Cara, completely alone. I hear some footsteps as well as chattering; they completely disappeared before the first call is loud and clear in the middle of the night sky.

Humans call it howls, but it's our calls; wishes to the moon goddess. It is the most beautiful art, alive with raw energy, a song for the ears. At times I feel as if I could feel it vibrating somehow, whispering in a way the ears cannot hear. I guess it feels friendly when the world feels so devoid of love. Everyone is making their wishes and calling the moon goddess, I think only I call for my freedom. Although I can't call tonight, but I'll wish just like how the humans do, secretly wishing in their minds.

I wish to fly; just like the soaring eagle in the sky, not the majestic beast of film and poetry, but one who's known much pain. He flies strong against the headwind as he must have done in his youth, yet his feathers tell a different story. Times have been tough for this mighty creature of sky and light. His body remains healthy enough to prosper should he find good nourishment and rest. I pray he does; I pray he has many days ahead to soar on lofty breezes unlike me...

Before I open the bedroom's door, I take the water bottle as well as my backpack which stood in the corner. The room I was in was at the very end of a corridor; I walk quickly, making as little noise as possible, not taking a chance to alarm any one near me. After taking the only stairway leading to downstairs, I find a kitchen, a living room as well as a couple of other doors; I open the one that looks like a front door to me.

A much colder air hits me, but the warm clothes I'm wearing provides me with much needed warmth for tonight and probably for the coming days.
I start running opposite to the sounds of this pack's calls; I enter the forest. I keep running as fast as I can, grass as well as twigs crack under my feet while some thin branches scratch my already tired body.
I don't know how long I have been running, but I'm sure it's not that long; I push myself to run more till I start feeling the heavy and invisible power of this pack getting lighter. After passing a certain distance, that invisible power vanishes; a way to tel me that I succeeded and fled that pack.

The only thing I'm grateful for is that tonight everyone makes their calls. Well except me... Rogues will be busy as well and with the calls being loud, humans are too afraid to go to the forests near them...

I keep running and luckily, I stumble upon waterfalls. I'm too tired to even walk more and so I look for somewhere to rest behind the waterfalls and when I do, I rest down. My body aching from all the running and adrenaline rush. I look at the brightly shining moon in the dark yet clear sky.
I've seen darkness before, the kind that makes the forests look like an old fashioned photograph, everything a shade of grey. But this isn't like that. This is the darkness that robs you of your best senses and replaces them with a paralysing fear. In this darkness, I curl myself in a sitting position, muscles cramped and unable to move. I only know my eyes are still there because I can feel myself blink, still instinctively moisturizing the organs I have no current use for. I can't hear anything except for the splashing of water. I guess that should bring my heart rate down below the level of a rabbit in a snare but it doesn't. By my genes I am a predator, I have the front facing eyes and brain enough to hunt, but I feel like prey in this utter black. The dawn is many hours away and until that precious time I can only wait. Moving makes noise, it's bad enough I still have to breath. But I want to see tomorrow enough to make me hold this position for as long as it takes. Not making it means not surviving and that is something I would never willingly do. I want my freedom and I will take it with force if I have to.
Every minute when I think of my mate, my heart starts to run wildly as terror invades my senses as well as my terrified mind.
I stay in my place, not moving any muscle, thinking about Cara. As I drown in my thoughts about her as well as my frightening mate for hours, I couldn't sleep. When I tried the first two times, I saw his enraged face growling at me before catching me. Locking me up, marking me as his forever; and so I stayed up all night, the burbles of the waterfalls accompanying me, and the calls faint in the background...
———————————————————————
Hey everyone! Rewritten chapter 3 is finally up hehe~
Hope you enjoyed it, tell me your thoughts about it!
Stay safe and happy people❤️

0