Chapter 220 – Healing
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It seemed like even this different approach did not work once again. So altruism was not something Aile could activate that way. The prerequisite had not been met. He failed to improve it past the initial stage or making it work in conjunction with his restoration affinity. It just means that he had to put on more effort into restoration.

Aile's next goal was to walk around and try to cure people or any living being. This would allow his restoration seed to improve. Aile had thought of an easier way but decided against it. He had thought of beating, injuring and hurting someone, then heal them. He can repeat that for the quickest improvement. But apart from the noble that Aile did not want to deal with yet. He did not have a candidate that he wanted to punish like that. So he decided to go and heal random people.

Aile was not happy or excited about what he was going to do. This is because a large portion of people does not accept charitable acts.

This is just the mentality of people. In a world defined by prices, everything had a cost. Many used charitable acts as an invitation to enter the sheeps' den, being a disguised wolf. They would provide the benefit first, then ask for an unreasonable price later. When they could not pay, they would take advantage of the poor. They would be taken as unpaid labourers or other liberties that ruined the name of charities. The second reason was that Aile did not want to see the terrible side of society.

Those that rely on charities are already rejected by the community. Many people are at fault and talking with them. Healing them would only mean forming a connection and hearing about such atrocities that would push Aile to deal with them. While Aile is not a hero and more often than not, he is the transgressor, some stories bring so much negativity to him that makes him act so that he could have peace of mind. Getting embroiled in the problem of others can be time-consuming and is usually the recipe to make unnecessary enemies.

Yet with no other option, and as he was not willing to torture people that did not deserve it, Aile decided to go to the healing route.

After Aile left, the magistrate was angry and gritted her teeth. She did not want them to fight in her town as it could lead to many unnecessary deaths. All this for the stupid action of one noble.

She did not want such a violent action to happen. She came here to discuss it with Fiona in hopes that their retaliation does involve unrelated people.

Yet she was not happy that Fiona did not meet her. What could be more important than the possible death of people and the ruined economy of the town? In her anger, she wanted to act more absolute. So that they do not take her action lightly. After all, she was fond of Fiona's character so far that she allowed her to grow and even gain enough presence to fight the nobles and bring them in line. The Star Merchant union's forces that were allowed to guard the town were proof of how friendly they were. She just felt that Fiona was going the classic path of ungratefulness. She had even trusted her with her personal secrets. Such an act of possible betrayal made her concerned and emotional. She thought that since Fiona's force could compete with the town's, she would no longer be friends.

In her displeasure, the magistrate forbid Fiona from acting out. If she arrived and discussed with her before attacking, she would know that she cares about the relationship. If she ignores her and acts, in any way, she would be sad that she judged her wrong and betted on the wrong person. Yet before her plan came to fruition, it was met with the hostility Aile. 

She had found him fascinating. He was the first person of the opposite gender that did not approach and fawn over her after seeing her. However, everything changed quickly. He made her into the culprit, calling her the supporter of such actions.

The magistrate looked at Anna and asked furiously, "Who is he?"

Anna sighed and knew that she had to disturb Fiona and the others after calming down the magistrate a little. "Sorry, your majesty, he is a friend of Sara and Sophie. He is a bit furious at the moment because of the nobles. I will get Miss Fiona right away."

With that, Anna left and quickly arrived at where Fiona and the other were discussing. Even though she did not want to disturb them, it had to be done now. After a quick explanation, Fiona left to meet the magistrate, the rest went to find Aile. Aile was going towards the exit of the mansion when he was surrounded by Xue, Emily, Sara and Sophie checking on him to see if everything was ok.

Following that, they asked him what was wrong. Aile could only sigh and tell them that it was nothing major. He was not happy about how the magistrate wanted to treat the situation biasedly. Aile also told them it possibly had to do with his recent breakthrough in his dark element that brought changes to him that he had not been used to.

Aile also realized that he needed to make sure that a proper balance is created with his light and dark element. As he did not want himself to bring uncertainties into his plans. Aile gave them a kiss each and then left alone to continue on his mission. They did not want to block him and knew that he could deal with his problems himself.

They wanted him to know that they were there in case he needed them. Aile left, and after wearing a disguise, he walked around the town. The first person he saw that needed healing was an old lady pushing an old wooden cart and selling food.

 

1