Chapter 7. Beginning of the Warlike Life.
80 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Hwerwyl City, in the most central part was the Headquarters of one of the 13 Great Armies of the Abysmal Kingdom, the Great Army Cocatriz and in one of the buildings of this great barracks called the Recruitment Hall the area was full of silence.

Although the room was replete with people, even people queuing up outside the room were silent at this time.

“Aren't squad assignments random? Why is it that he is being given a choice?” Some nobleman asked from the crowd with envy when he saw how the 3 Great Division Generals fought for Asherit and even the Great General of the Army gave him to choose which branch to enter.

"That's because he is the seventh prince of the Abysmal Kingdom" commented another young spectator.

"But that is still wrong, I hear that all the princes who have entered the army follow the tradition of the royal family and spend their military life like any other, as for this prince in particular, he is a hybrid that carries the blood of the weak humans and I heard from my family that he is not appreciated for the high echelons of the kingdom ”The same nobleman commented full of doubt and contempt.

"Tsk-Tsk, apparently you haven't heard of recent events, listen friend, there are rumors going around that this prince was eating at the Majestic restaurant and Draco Halfblack along with a group of other young nobles more tried to kick the prince out from the restaurant and even the boy from Halfblack mentioned that the family of the seventh prince should die for not respecting him, of course without knowing his identity, and do you know what happened? ” Another viewer stopped his explanation here, keeping this noble and many others who did not know the story in suspense.

"I don't know, but Draco Halfblack is not one of the greatest prodigies of the Halfblack family, one of the best families in the region, besides being the younger brother of Draci Halfblack, the best soldier of this generation and who only used 20 years to get to the position of Captain in the Cocatriz Army ”The nobleman commented a little surprised.

"Yes, it was that same one, but now it is only a reminder to everyone of how cruel the seventh prince can be, since he was cremated to ashes by his own hand in front of the Great General of the Cocatriz Army, the 3 Great Generals of Division of the Army Cocatriz and the Lord of the City, without any kind of repercussions, it is said that the seventh prince is already a G-Rank Mage, this being only 6 years old” Said the spectator, full of pride, as if he himself it was the one who had that achievement.

‘Glup’

Hearing this, everyone swallowed spit to lessen the feeling that someone was clenching their necks, each of the young men here wanted to enlist in the army and they were proud as most of them were talented, but when they compared to the seventh prince they would be like a firefly trying to illuminate the darkness of the night in front of the huge moon.

"Is-is that possible?" Asked the young nobleman with a face full of terror.

"Hmph, you can check it if you don't believe it" Replied the same viewer with a little disdain.

The young nobleman had no choice but to believe this as he saw the high command's treatment of the seventh prince.

...

"General Barglor, General Sasha, thank you for your kind offer, this time I will be accepting General Rakshar's proposal, it would be ungrateful of me because General Rakshar has been helping me" Asherit commented, although he hated all these people, more knowing that they were elites of the highest level and they surely had too much participation in the suffering of his mother, he was still too intelligent and could bury these emotions and act as a good abysmal to give a blow from within to this race.

"HAHAHA, it was to be assumed, being the seventh prince the greatest talent our race has ever seen make his name a legend beginning in my division" Rakshar had a smile painted across his face as he called one of his subordinates inside the Hall of Recruitment to do the paperwork.

"Tsk, you're lucky Rakshar" Hitting Rakshar's shoulder, Barglor spoke a little discouraged.

"Your Highness, although this guy is a bit lazy, without a doubt our Grand Army Cocatriz is that strong also thanks to the strength of his division, so you must certainly make an effort" Saying this in a more serious way, Barglor commented to Asherit who nodded in understanding.

"Your Highness, if you get too stressed in that division, you can always come to visit my disciples or me" Sasha commented bowing flirtatiously to Asherit who nodded awkwardly, anyone would think he was being an innocent boy talking to a sexy woman with enough experience hypnotizing men.

'Hmph, someday everyone will regret having made my mother suffer' Asherit thought and inside him the flame of hatred only grew, although he was acting, that only gave him a feeling of annoyance with himself because he had to acting like this in front of people that he despised, hated this, but his love for his mother was greater so he could only suppress these emotions and try harder than normal.

After going through the corresponding formalities, and receiving a series of manuals, clothes and some utensils, Asherit was taken to the bedrooms of the Headquarters, since the next day they would go to the location of their Division.

Many stayed in hotels or inns, but some others were poor and had spent their money entering the City and with their food in the last days, so the army offered food and inn in their facilities, now they were their soldiers, so this was not unusual at all.

"Your Highness, please be more careful, as is the tradition in the royal family, after joining the army you will lose your prince status and will be treated as one more soldier" Leaving these words for Asherit, Rakshar left.

...

Inside the Cocatriz Army Headquarters, in an area heavily guarded by elites, there was a room where secret meetings of the highest level were held.

At this moment, the atmosphere inside this room felt quite tense, with solemn faces the Great General of the Army Khai and the Three Great Division Generals Rakshar, Barglor and Sasha were sitting at a small mahogany table.

"So, what is your opinion about the boy Rakshar?" Breaking the silence of the room, General Khai raised this question.

"Mm, it is difficult to explain Khai, no doubt everyone could see how monstrously talented the boy in cultivation is, he is not a novice when it comes to fighting, I felt the presence of a master in him, he certainly had the guidance of another prodigy like Elizabeth who was unmatched back then” No one in the room felt anything unusual when Rakshar spoke to General Khai so casually, as if they were on the same level.

On the contrary, what surprised them were the praise on their part towards Asherit, they knew Rakshar well and knew how difficult it was to hear him praising someone, 'Until now I have only heard that Rakshar has that impression of the King and Elizabeth' thought the Great General Khai.

"Humph, I knew we had to kill that bitch, our race doesn't need to become impure to dominate this little world." A cruel and hateful look passed through Sasha's eyes as she commented.

"Enough Sasha, let Lord Rakshar finish" Barglor commented with a serious face.

Nodding, Rakshar continued his explanation.

"That is not what worries me, even as monstrous as his ability is, he would have to overcome the strongest man in our lines at least ten times to be a threat to our race, but for that it will take several years" Pausing a bit here, Rakshar straightened up and his expression turned a little serious as he said.

"It was only for an instant, but there was a moment in the restaurant where I felt that this prince was my equal, no-no, I even felt that if given enough time he would even surpass me" Hearing this, the Great General Khai rose from his seat full of horror, while Sasha was a little gone and scenes full of massacre passed before his eyes, on the other hand, Barglor almost fainted upon hearing this terrible statement.

None of the three was oblivious to the capabilities of this guy, although they did not know much because he was someone wrapped in a dense layer of fog that prevented seeing through him, but they knew that even the Abysmal King sometimes needed to make use of his plot, murder and strategy skills.

"This is a bit unreal, isn't it, that boy is only about 6 years old" Sitting back down slowly, it was Grand General Khai who was speaking suspiciously at the moment.

"It is true, even if he had the guidance of that bitch, even she is no match for your abilities Sir, it is impossible that such a young child can compete against you" This time it was Sasha who spoke with a face full of disbelief.

"Mm, maybe it was just a perception caused by a side effect of watching him act so calmly and displaying such outstanding talent seen a few times every hundreds of eons" Saying this, Rakshar silently contemplated quite a few doubts within himself about this.

"Haha, I'm definitely getting old" Shaking his head, Rakshar gave a light sigh.

"Perhaps it was your keen sense of danger that gave you that feeling, surely this is a reason to act" General Khai on the other hand, was quite serious as he spoke.

"It is true, Lord Rakshar, however, we do not know why the Abysmal King has such an interest in that child, although he is the first hybrid between the human race and the abysmal race, he has given him much more weight than it should mean" When Barglor brought this up for discussion everyone contemplated for some time.

"I will try to find out the King's intentions, if after a while I still cannot discover anything, we will act in stealth against that child" With a solemn face, General Khai broke the silence.

"Mm, we can't let the little snowball create an avalanche in the future" Hearing Sasha's words, everyone in the room nodded and began to deal with various topics more related not only to this seventh prince, but also to some missions priority and urgent, some noble families of the region and the kingdom, some things in general from other armies, issues related to the King and the kingdom in general.

And so, throughout the night in these rooms they were talking about issues that would leave any normal person unable to sleep for several nights.

...

Inside the dormitory grounds for new recruits, the area was quite lively, there were 3-story buildings spread throughout the area and each with dozens of rooms, but for the thousands of new recruits the skills to climb into the militia had already started.

All of these rooms still fell short for so many people, fierce battles were taking place outside each room for the right to sleep under one roof tonight.

With the exception of a few, almost everyone here had their groups and the vast majority were made up of people of the same race, so they joined forces to fight for some rooms.

"Damn humans, don't even think about sleeping under a roof today, this is an abysmal army not a human one" A young abysmal man of about 13 years old was screaming furiously at a group of several humans, his groups had almost the same number of people and while the abysmals reigned, there were many talented humans.

The group of these young humans was no exception and although their forces were almost on par, there was a young man of about 15 years dressed in a black robe and the backpack that the army had just given them with blonde hair that was different from the rest, only he could fight with three youths abysmal from his group and put his opponent's group at a disadvantage.

"I advise you to dress up well tonight because the cold is intense in these times and you can catch a cold" The blond-haired young man said with a smile full of confidence as the abysmals burned with fury.

There were only 4 or 5 small groups of humans, most of them strong, since only strong humans would accept the risk of being soldiers knowing that they were despised in the rows of the militia.

Although they would also be scorned in other jobs within this kingdom, their death rate was not as high as in the military, and while the benefits of being in a good military position were tempting, only the best talents survived to enjoy it.

Elsewhere within these rooms, a dominant-looking young human dressed in a combat uniform stood in front of two groups of various abysmals who were fighting for rooms in this area.

"I'll only occupy the small one-bed room, I don't want to fight so don't worry about me" Although he spoke slowly, his confidence was palpable as he said, although there were few single rooms, only the strongest could stay in them.

“Hehe human scum, get out and don't throw your life in this place” A muscular young man with two giant bull horns that is about two meters tall, looked down on the young human with contempt as he said, and all the abysmal of the two groups had cold smiles on their faces.

'Swish'

And before they could do anything else the young human moved at an alarming speed, taking this abysmal by the horns and hurled it like a small rock against the group of abysmals, obviously the two youths abysmal that he collided with did not feel that the abysmal from before was a small rock but rather like a heavy mountain that crashed against his breasts.

Similar situations were seen throughout the area of ​​the bedrooms of new recruits, news such as that of a young gray-haired elf defeating a group of 8 abysmals, or an abysmal of 2 small horns and huge wings defeating only two entire groups of Abysmals, or a group of young humans defeating a group of various Abysmals and Elves, were circulating rapidly and exaggerated.

'This kingdom certainly has ruthless ways, the food has been served inside the rooms and although there are giant pots of food outside, the quality is lower, on the other hand, the status that those who sleep under a roof will earn today is important and it may be that these youth are where the military focuses its resources, in other words, a selection is already taking place'

Asherit stood at the entrance to the bedrooms in no rush to find a room, his eyesight was excellent so he could see the progress of the battles, and he constantly turned his gaze to the interesting people.

New groups of people continued to arrive at the bedrooms of new recruits and although a show happened when Asherit was enlisting not all of them came in time to see him and many did not know about him.

At this moment, a small group of 3 people was arriving at the entrance of this area, Asherit turned his gaze towards them and stared at a young elf girl a little surprised.

The girl had a beautiful face, although she still had childish features, she was undoubtedly a beauty, so Asherit lost herself when looking at her in more detail, she was about a meter and a half, she had a slim figure and long legs, her curves were not so pronounced, but anyone would know that they were in full development and full of potential.

Her arms were well proportioned with her body, she wore a simple white dress that seemed a little washed out and although it was, this did not overshadow her beauty at all, her skin tone was as white as snow and even being a little far away Asherit could tell that it was soft and smooth just by looking at the fine collarbone that the dress couldn't cover.

A short chin and wide forehead made a perfect match with her oval face, it was already a little late and the cold of the season was high these days, thanks to this climate her flushed cheeks left viewers wanting to caress them gently.

She had big, dreamy eyes, the light blue color in them perfectly suited her silky long blue hair, her thin, arched eyebrows just like blue, and her big eyelashes the same shade.

Her lips were plump not so big nor small, along with her small and upturned nose they gave her face the perfect touch to make her a beauty and as if this were not enough, her ears longer than a human and pointed gave the sensation that a fairy was treading on this mortal world.

Then Asherit returned her gaze to her forehead, more or less at the level of her eyebrows, a light blue symbol of a small size adorned this beautiful girl with a sacred touch, it had the shape of the spring wind that drove the spray of the morning and some autumn leaves, without a doubt such a symbol gave it a touch of divinity that stole the gaze of the surrounding crowd.

Asherit, however, had a feeling of closeness with this girl, although he did not know why, he felt as if the sky and nature surrounded the girl with affection, suddenly, although the girl knew that many people were watching her, she felt the gaze Asherit's above the others and she turned her vision to meet Asherit's gaze.

Seeing him, the girl blushed and lowered her gaze.

"Hmph" A cold snort came from another member of this group, the only man in this group was looking at Asherit with a look full of contempt and fury.

This was a young of the human race, about 15 or 16 years, he was about 1.8 meters tall, with brown hair and a square face, his strong jaw and bushy eyebrows made him look like a tough guy, with brown eyes, a thick nose and thin lips matched quite well with his person, he wore a red combat suit and a sword hung from his waist with a refined sheath.

Without giving him another look, Asherit focused on the other girl in the group, she was also a human of around 14 or 15 years old, she was approximately 1.6 meters tall, blonde hair and a figure with pronounced curves, her face, although she was not at the elf girl level, she was still pretty.

A pair of small eyes, a thin nose and arched eyebrows gave an elegant touch and together with her red and full lips gave a certain sexy touch to this young woman who now also had her eyes on Asherit and unlike the elf girl, this girl cast playful glances at Asherit as he looked at them.

Asherit looked at the young elf one last time and then retreated his gaze from the group, paying attention to the bedrooms again.

"Hmph, that bastard is looking for a beating, don't you bother little Thyriel?" In the group of 3, the young man commented with some fury, his name was Alsod Chard and he seemed to be the leader of this group.

"No, don't worry brother Alsod, his gaze did not bother me" Responding to Alsod's question, the young elf named Thyriel blushed and looked down again, seeing this Alsod increased his anger.

"Haha, do not worry, in my opinion he is only looking for a group to join forces, he is alone and although he is an abysmal he looks too young, I imagine that when he sees the fights for a room he does not have enough confidence" Pausing thus far , this young woman by the name of Joana turned her vision in the direction of Asherit and then a shrewd sparkle crossed her eyes.

"Listen, how about we invite this young man to our group? Although we are strong, we are only 3, the smallest groups start with 6 people so we are numerically disadvantaged"

"I think it's a good idea!" Before Alsod flatly refused, Thyriel's charming and slightly excited voice was heard, so Alsod had no choice but to nod.

Then the group began to walk in the direction of Asherit, who thanks to his super-developed senses already knew the reason they came to having listened to their conversation.

"Hi, my name is Joana Rainwalk and they are" After introducing herself, Joana gestured to the other two in the group, yielding the word.

"Alsod Chard" Alsod spoke in a cold, aversive tone, but Asherit didn't even give him a look, which made him even more furious.

"Thyriel, Thyriel Fairui'Glad" A charming and shy voice came from the young elf and when she saw Asherit give her a smile, Thyriel lowered her head with a red tint on her cheeks.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, my name is Asherit" Asherit answered as calmly and with a cold tint as always.

"Young brother Asherit, we wondered if you would like to join in our group, as you can see, the fights to be able to sleep and eat under one roof are brutal, and without a strong group it is difficult to get one" Stopping here, Joana pointed to her companions.

"The Young Alsod is the son of a noble family in the region and although he still has to accumulate mana a couple of years more to be a G-Rank Mage, he can already use his mana to imbue his hands and weapons"

"Hmph" With a proud breath, Alsod looked provocatively at Asherit, although there were few nobles of the human race in the Kingdom, those who could be among these ranks were certainly outstanding and the Chard family was no exception.

"As for the beautiful sister Thyriel, although she barely woke her magic spirit, she is undoubtedly a prodigy of the Elven race when she just only have 6 years old, and although she still cannot use mana, her martial arts are not scarce" Hearing Joana say this, Asherit looked at Thyriel a bit more shocked, as the elf girl got embarrassed and lowered her gaze more.

"As for me, I am also adept at using mana and can imbue it in my daggers, so what do you say? Will you join us?" Joana commented with a certain flirtatious touch, while Thyriel looked up at Asherit full of hope and Alsod only saw everything with a cold look, as if none of this mattered to him.

0