Chapter 8. Warm stew, melancholic past.
81 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the Cocatriz Army Headquarters, at the entrance to the bedrooms of the new recruits, three young people waited for Asherit's response to find out if they would have one more partner in their group or not.

"Mm, Okay, I will join your group for now" Although Asherit could get a private room, his interest in this group was sparked a bit and since it would not be for long, he decided to join them.

 “Great” Joana and Thyriel's voice was heard at the same time, making Alsod grimace.

"We should hurry the fights will get fiercer for the last rooms" Joana commented and everyone nodded.

"Just don't hinder too much brat" Passing aside to Asherit, Alsod was the first to enter the dormitories area.

"Forgive Alsod little brother, although he is a little arrogant he is a good person" Joana commented and everyone started to follow Alsod towards the dormitories.

In the dormitories, the fights were getting more intense, at this time many rooms were already occupied and out of all those that were not, intense battles were taking place.

Outside each room there would be marks on the doors in the form of weapons drawings and so one could know how many beds that room was, at the moment the group was looking for a room that had 4 marks.

"There" Hearing Thyriel's sweet voice, everyone turned their gaze to where she was pointing, an intense battle between a group of 6 abysmal and another of 8 people of different races fighting each other to get the right to this room.

Although there were two groups fighting, there were already few 4-bed rooms available so they had no choice but to try to get this one.

"Listen everyone, this room belongs to us, so it is better for you guys to get out" Being the first to arrive, Alsod spoke in a dominant way towards the two groups that were fighting and upon hearing his words, everyone stopped and turned to see the newcomers with angry looks.

"Sorry, sorry what my friend wants to say is that this room would not be suitable for your groups because exceed the number of people who can sleep on a bed, but for our group this place would be perfect.”

“Why you do not give some face to my sister Thyriel, I don't think handsome heroes like you want to leave two beauties sleeping outside in the intense cold, do you?” Joana then spoke to release some of the tension caused by Alsod, the two groups they were addressing were made up of only males and upon witnessing Joana's seductive poses, all could not help but salivate.

"Hey Bagror, Why we don't share this room and we take turns to accompany these beauties?" An abysmal young man of 1.8 meters with two large horns protruding from his forehead, dressed only in pants and a loose T-shirt and carrying a mace with an elongated shape commented to another abysmal without taking his eyes off Joana and Thyriel.

"Hehe, you have read my mind Nackal, without a doubt I have to shelter these beauties under our bodies so they don't feel the intense cold, right?" A lascivious smile hung on the face of a young abysmal with two horns curved to the front, he also measured approximately 1.8 meters and carried a double-edged axe and a thin black battle suit dressed his muscular body.

 "Get rid of the two brats and invite the beautiful ladies into the room" After a nod of agreement that was accompanied by lascivious glances between these two youths abysmal, the two groups surrounded the group of Asherit.

"Hehehe, it is better for you brats to leave at this time, if you force us to act you will not have such a good time"

"Hahaha" "HAHAHA" "Hahaha" One of the abysmal people around them commented, making that everyone burst into mocking laughter.

"Hmph" Hearing this, Alsod who still had a look full of arrogance unsheathed his sword.

'Tin'

'Crr' 'Crr'

In the same instant that he unsheathed it, the sound of rocks hitting each other was heard and a yellow mana began to surround Alsod's hand and sword.

When the process was over, a cloak roughly an inch thick of earth element mana surrounded his sword as Alsod looked at all the young men surrounding them in defiance.

"Haha brat, do you think you're a prodigy for being able to imbue mana into a weapon?"

"Hahaha" Another abysmal about a meter and a half tall and a single horn with a long tail mentioned and everyone else erupted in mocking laughter, then everyone in the surrounding group, abysmal, human and elven, started to draw their weapons.

'Crr'

'Splash'

'Fss'

'Sss' 'Rumble'

Sounds of mana from all kinds of elements were heard and all began to imbue their arms and hands with mana.

Seeing this, Alsod's face lost his previous confidence and began to turn pale as did the faces of Joana and Thyriel, the only one who remained with a cool face as calm as always was Asherit.

"Surely they are some small townspeople that do not know the world" The little abysmal spoke full of contempt.

"Let me illuminate you brats, most of the newly recruited recruits are talents who are close to the G-Rank Mage, so with your talents, you are just one more of the bunch" Hearing this abysmal dwarf the face of Alsod and the others turned ugly.

"Hahaha, I even heard rumors that the seventh prince of the Kingdom enlisted in our army and is a G-Rank monster at just 6 years old" An elf within the surrounding group mentioned, while everyone around the group of Asherit put on a serious face and unlike them Alsod, Joana and Thyriel felt an invisible hand press on their hearts when they heard this.

“Enough talking, get rid of them” When listening to Nackal, several people launched themselves towards the girls in the group, creating a strategic fence between themselves and their companions, on the other hand, upon seeing this, Alsod's gaze fell on Thyriel, for a few seconds before saying quietly to Asherit.

"Brat, I will create a distraction by explosively attacking this group, if you have the courage, help the girls to get out of the fence and flee, we are in the headquarters of the Cocatriz Army so they would not be so bold to follow them" Hearing the determination in Alsod's voice, Asherit's smile turned a little strange.

"Don't worry, that won't be necessary since today we will sleep in that room" Pointing to the room behind the group, Asherit began to walk slowly towards the fence, he had decided that this boy was not quite a clown and although he had bad temper seemed like he was a good person.

On the other hand, all the people present including Thyriel, Joana and Alsod looked at Asherit in surprise at his words as he walked, however Alsod then got mad at this brat who seemed to not understand the situation and was about to yell at him when he saw Asherit disappear from where he was.

 'Swoosh'

In the next moment Asherit appeared among the group that was surrounding the girls, astonishing everyone.

A fat but muscular abysmal acted quickly throwing his sword infused with fire mana towards Asherit and upon noticing this, Asherit's hand reached out and precisely took the wrist of this young abysmal who, although he was reinforcing his entire arm with mana, he was not able to resist Asherit's sheer force so his hand flexed in an instant and as he released his sword he only felt a mountain hit his head before falling unconscious.

'Ss'

Everyone was numb to be spectators of the scene that was happening.

"Attack him!" And then Bagror shouted angrily, waking everyone from their daze.

'Crr'

'Fsssh'

A mace was aimed at Asherit's chest as a spear was directed towards his side from behind, the cold and calm gaze seemed to be carved on Asherit's face when he moved strangely dodging the spear and redirecting it towards the mace, at the same time ripped a piece of earthenware off the floor and threw it with force and precision at the elf’s temple handling the spear, whom could not dodge in time and only felt his vision blurred before falling on his back.

'Chiís'

'Swish'

A human with a short sword and an abysmal with daggers, they directed rapid attacks towards Asherit at this time when he had not yet completely fallen to the ground, however, as if all this was planned, Asherit took the abysmal's wrist and made an arched movement on it, then he throw it with force to the human.

'Boom'

When the sound of the explosion came, the two attackers were already unconscious, everyone was unaware of what type of injuries they had.

This only infuriated the other attackers who began to launch consecutive attacks on Asherit, but as if he could see everything around him, Asherit kept dodging every attack and in every move someone would be thrown or knocked unconscious.

"Humph" With a cold snort Bagror looked at Nackal and after a nod, the two launched themselves towards Asherit at the same time, since the fight started, Alsod, Joana and Thyriel had been in a dream while watching Asherit fight but when they saw the two strongest subjects in these groups act, they became alarmed and were about to launch themselves to help Asherit.

'Swish'

'Booom' 'Boom' 'Crack'

But they stopped again when they saw Asherit disappear from the place where he was surrounded, appearing in front of Nackal and Bagror, who, surprised, did not have time to prepare their weapons and could only throw punches at Asherit at the same time.

However, they were greeted by a blow to their stomachs that sounded as heavy as if a great blacksmith was hammering on the toughest metal, the strange thing was that neither of them flew out, but remained motionless a single centimeter from where they were they found.

What they did not know was that Asherit was using a martial art that was forcing the opponent to take damage from his full fist while making strange movements in his stance and throw.

'Plaf'

Seeing their two leaders fall to their knees with their hands pressing on their stomachs and without being able to speak they all had their mouths open full of shock and terror.

"Do you think we can occupy that room now?" Without addressing his words to anyone specifically, Asherit commented.

On the other hand, Nackal was sweating in terror, although his fist had not been prepared in advance, it was still imbued with much of his mana, so the speed and strength they carried was alarming.

And yet this boy used a strange movement dodging it easily and hit them with a simple fist, only he knew how many bones he had broken at the moment, the thoughts inside Bagror were similar to those of Nackal and after spitting out a mouthful of blood he said.

"Yes, yes we are retreating" While they helped each other, they all fled from the vicinity, on the other hand, no other group approached, as they had seen the whole situation unfold here.

A mysterious light passed through Joana's eyes when she woke up from her daze and began to walk towards Asherit, while Thyriel also walked with a face full of emotion and Alsod also walked towards Asherit.

"Little brother, I did not know that you were so skillful, thanks to you today we can sleep under a roof, no doubt later I will pay you this favor" In a provocative and sexy way Joana said to Asherit while winking, while he was standing without changes in his cold gaze.

"Thank you very much, Brother Asherit" Thyriel also thanked leaning a little to Asherit who nodded at her making her blush and duck her head, seeing this a flash of jealousy passed through Joana's eyes, but only Asherit with his incredible perception managed to notice this.

"You are more skillful than I imagined, I thank you for the help" Although he looked a little awkward, Alsod thanked Asherit in the same way.

"Hehe, there is nothing to be grateful for, you also acted with courage a moment ago, we are also in the same group so it is normal that we fight together" Asherit commented, also nodding towards Alsod who upon hearing this showed a somewhat tense smile as he was not used to smiling.

'Ghrr'

At one point, Thyriel's small stomach began to warn that it was empty making her blush up to her neck.

"Haha, why don't we talk inside while we eat?" It was Joana who spoke and everyone nodded entering the room.

The room was small, it was equipped with two bunk beds each with two beds and a small dining room with a table in the center, above the table there was a pot with stew, which appeared to be a small piglet, a type of fruit drink and various plates, glasses and cutlery.

Approaching the table Thyriel began to serve a good plate of stew and a piece of meat from the pig, seeing the action of her giving this plate to Asherit, even he was a little surprised.

From this girl's dress, he knew that she was not rich and although he didn't know her story she probably hadn't had a good meal in some time, which made her stomach rumble, but still she took the time to serve him first.

'Maybe she's showing her gratitude' thinking like this, Asherit took the plate and thanked Thyriel, Alsod on the other hand, although he was a little angry he still didn't say anything as he thought the same way Asherit did.

Meanwhile Joana served a plate of stew and a piece of suckling pig as well and passed this plate to Alsod who thanked to her, then the two girls served each other a plate while Asherit served a glass of the drink on the table for everyone, curiously the first to get her glass was Thyriel who thanked with a shy tone.

When at last everyone had their dishes, after saying a few cordialities they began to eat.

"Mmm, Delicious" Trying a spoonful of stew Thyriel commented delighted, the warmth that ran from her mouth to her stomach made her forget about the seasonal cold, the vegetables were soft and full of flavor.

On the other hand, although the stew was meatless, the suckling pig, while feeling a little weird at first, made a nice pairing with the stew filling the palate with an explosion of flavors.

"Mm, not bad, even the chefs in my house could barely manage a dish like this" Alsod commented as he bit a good piece of the tender suckling pig.

“Without a doubt, the way to here has been worth it” This time, it was Joana who mentioned while taking a sip of her fruit drink.

"No doubt the taste is palatable" On the other hand, Asherit was able to deduce a lot from their little comments, although it was a pleasant meal, this was undoubtedly what was given to the new recruits, soldiers without rank who had just enlisted.

So, although it was a little better inside the rooms, the food was still somewhat simple, 'Maybe if these guys tried something from the Majestic restaurant they would certainly praise incessantly', this thought crossed the mind of Asherit who began to imagine what gestures would Thyriel make and then when thinking this, he denied with an internal smile without knowing what nonsense he thought and continued eating.

"So little sister Thyriel, what is your story? Why did a prodigal elf like you travel alone and why did you decide to enlist in the army?" Joana asked making Asherit a little surprised.

'It seems that this group met a short time ago', thinking about this, Asherit turned to see Thyriel who had a look full of melancholy and sadness, as if she were going to burst into tears in the next instant.

"I am from the Star Kingdom to the Northwest of this kingdom, or at least that's where I was born, my parents were slaves of a Duke there, a few months ago a caravan of the Duke's son went out to do business near the border, making my parents , my sister, older brother and me accompanied him, although the request was strange to my parents, we could not help but follow them, when we arrived on the outskirts of the kingdom's borders, one night before returning to the Duchy, the Duke's son attacked our camping tent, his objective was me and when my parents knew it, my parents .. ”

'Sniff sniff'

Sobs sounded as Thyriel resisted crying, no one in the room spoke letting her recover.

"Don't worry, if you find it difficult to speak, you don't need to tell us" Asherit commented with consideration.

"Although it would serve for you to let off steam, but don't worry as little brother Asherit says, you don't need to tell us" Being polite, Joana commented, however, Asherit caught another tone in her message, but he said nothing.

“Thank you, excuse me, let me finish telling you, that night my parents gave their lives for my brothers and me, but when we escaping while my older brothers stayed to distract our persecutors they were captured, in the end I ended up arriving at the camp of some merchants they were heading here, I worked there helping in the kitchen and the people from the caravan were very good at hosting me, so they gave me some money, hearing that the army of this Kingdom was accepting recruits, used all the money I had left to come to enlist in the hope of returning to save my brothers ”

'Sniff sniff'

Reaching the end, Thyriel couldn't take it anymore and she let out a silent cry, while Joana hugged her and tried to calm her, Alsod's eyes were a little lost.

"Big Brother Alsod, why don't you tell us your story?" Joana commented making Alsod recover from her confusion.

"My grandfather is the Baron of a small town in the Cocatriz Army region, although he is the lowest rank in the nobility, we can still survive in a kingdom ruled by another race" Everyone turned to see Asherit at this time, but he remained calm as always and Alsod continued his story.

"My family needs to have people in different positions in the kingdom so as not to lose this position and since my talent is one of the best of my generation, I was sent to enlist in the Army" Upon hearing this, everyone nodded, without doubts, the nobles of other races that they were not abysmal in this kingdom, they were not many and they would have periods of examination to see their contributions and evaluate if they lost their position, although they could also ascend it was more difficult for them.

"What about you little brother Asherit?" Then Joana asked Asherit, no one knew if it was a coincidence, but when this sounded in the room, Thyriel finally stopped her sob and raising her head, she directed her gaze to Asherit, who still calmly answered.

"Someone very important to me is in trouble, so I need to increase my strength" Saying that phrase coldly, Asherit stopped talking and no one else spoke for a moment.

"What about you? older sister Joana" Interrupting the silence of the room, Thyriel asked Joana.

"Hehe, my story is not a big deal, I am the daughter of a small family in the region, I enlisted in the army to try to get a good rank and hopefully the rank of nobility if I contribute some good merit" Saying this with a smile, everyone nodded in understanding at Joana.

Many people sought to obtain glory in the army, being this a warlike Kingdom, someone with great merits in the lines of the militia could win titles of nobility but while Asherit was nodding he was the only one who noticed that for a second Joana's expression turned dark.

"Well guys, we better go to rest, tomorrow the trip to our camps will begin so the days will be heavy" When Joana said this, everyone nodded and went to bed, all with different thoughts and hoping to achieve their goals.

2