Chapter 11. Spiritual Sense.
83 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although it was late at night, many of the new recruits were taking their supplies from the supply building, Asherit and Thyriel were no exception.

In front of them, one of the few 4-level buildings in the whole town looked quite lively, Asherit and Thyriel went to the place where the provisions were distributed inside this building.

Upon arrival they noticed an abysmal old man with two demonic horns, one of them broken, and a pair of imposing medium wings.

The old man was fairly quiet behind a counter, wearing wooden sandals, white silk pants, and an equally white Tang-style jacket.

It seemed quite strange since his aura and appearance were somewhat out of place, however, as he paid attention to his movements and tried to explore his strength with his Spiritual Sense, Asherit was shocked to notice that he could not read anything from this old man.

The Spiritual Sea and Magic Spirit, not only served to guide, control and accumulate the mana, apart from increasing the understanding, memory, intelligence and information processing, if practiced properly it could also be extended by increasing one's senses.

This is what Asherit had been using lately, although he was not an expert yet, thanks to the massive amount of his Spirit Sea, he could easily execute these actions.

His mother had taught him how to use this resource, although it was difficult to understand and control, at advanced levels a user of this power would be omniscient in an area around him.

It had the name of Spiritual Sense and although it was an invisible power, it could spread depending on the Spiritual Sea of ​​each user, focusing a little more on this sense, one could find traps, detect enemies in stealth or even roughly measure the strength of people.

A few moments ago, Asherit had wanted to measure the strength of the old man, but by focusing his Spiritual Sense on this old man, it seemed as if a layer of dense fog covered the old man.

'Although I am a novice using my Spiritual Sense, the amount of my Spiritual Sea should give me certain advantages, but this old man, perhaps this at the level of General Khai and Rakshar'.

The old man on the other hand smiled at them, first focused his gaze on Thyriel for a few seconds.

"Mm, good girl, certainly a prodigy" Nodding at Thyriel the old man commented, on the other hand, Thyriel bowed appreciatively of the old man, as a child would do to his elder.

Then turning his gaze to Asherit, the old man was lost in his thoughts a moment.

'An eonic monster has appeared'.

"Mm, a good boy has a duty to protect his loved ones ..." Hearing the old man's comment to him, Asherit was shocked.

He did not know if this old man knew his identity and said those words for Queen Elizabeth or if he had seen what happened in Thyriel's house a few hours ago.

It had to be taken into account that for this feat, his Spiritual Sense would need to be so great as to cover the entire Ghost Town, which measures approximately 100 km2.

Furthermore, he would have to have precise control over him, only the old man knew the background of his comment so Asherit only nodded cordially to him.

"Sir .." Before Asherit finished speaking, the old man stopped him saying.

"Call me Old Guo, this is how everyone knows me" As he said this, Old Guo began to search for something in his pockets.

"Old Guo, we come to collect this month's provisions, my name is Asherit and she is Thyriel, we are both new recruits" Seeing the old man rummaging through his pockets Asherit mentioned his intentions to be here, but, it seemed that Old Guo ignored it because as if he hadn't heard it, he was still searching his pockets.

"I found them!" Thyriel was a little scared upon hearing this Old Man's sudden scream and looking at Old Guo's hand, she saw two simple red rings, sometimes you could see little white sparkles on this ring, as if a small snake were entangled in it and then it will disappear.

Asherit was about to say something to the old man when he said slowly.

"I'll go get your provisions childs", and disappearing from the counter, he entered what looked like a warehouse.

A few minutes later the old man re-entered, but not seeing a supply bag like the one the other new recruits were carrying when leaving, Asherit was a bit confused.

"Here, consider this as the gift of an old man who likes good talents" Giving each one a ring, the old man commented.

"Old Guo, this is?" Asherit took the ring inspecting it, but saw nothing special in it.

"Let it fall a drop of blood on the ring and then use your Spiritual Sense on it" Hearing this, Asherit only hesitated a second before biting his finger and dropping some blood on the ring.

When the blood touched the ring, it was absorbed by it and Asherit felt a strange binding sensation, with his elevated curiosity, Asherit inserted his Spiritual Sense into the ring and was surprised to note that this small ring seemed to have a large space within it.

Upon closer inspection, Asherit could see food supplies inside the ring, then with his open mouth full of shock he turned his gaze to Old Guo for answers.

"Haha, that expression of yours is very funny, this is how a child should be, being surprised at every moment to discover the world, and not walk around with a cold face and full of tranquility" Hearing this, Asherit blushed a little and returned to his calm demeanor, but without realizing the coldness he displayed was not as great as before.

"These are interspatial rings, ancient objects that carry a small dimension within them, although the dimension of these two rings is only the size of a room, they are very precious objects because there are not so many" When listening to the explanation of the Old Man, Asherit and Thyriel were speechless.

"By dropping a little of your blood, the ring activates a blood pact with you, so now only you are the owner, on the other hand, you can store what you want there, as long as they are not living beings and you have the enough space and strength ”

"Old Guo, this is too valuable not ..."

"Keep it, I rarely see such good offspring, consider it as a gift of destiny" Hearing this, Asherit did not understand very well, but, he could do nothing more than nod at the old man, on the other hand, Thyriel also thanked and the two of them put the interspatial ring on.

"Thank you Major Guo" Leaning like a child would towards a respectable major, the two deeply thanked, although Asherit hated the abysmal, he knew that not all were cruel beings and understanding the value of this gift, for which his thanks was sincere.

"Although your Spiritual Sea is terrifying, it is like a divine sword in the hands of a farmer, your handling of the Spiritual Sense is too crude" Hearing this, Asherit was surprised and confirmed that this Major was undoubtedly a supreme expert, because he could see his handling of the Spiritual Sense.

Then turning to Thyriel the old man continued, "As for you little one, although you do not compare yourself to this monster, you undoubtedly also have a great Spiritual Sea, but you do not even know what we are talking about" Shaking his head the old pulled out of nowhere a small book, the cover was leather and although it was a little worn it still looked quite nice.

"Here, maybe you can learn something from here" The old man passed the book to Asherit who, keeping his manners, kept saying it.

"Thanks Mayo Guo" And seeing Asherit thank, Thyriel quickly did the same.

"Thank you, Major Guo".

"Mm, now go to rest" Pushing them away with his hands, the two youngs said goodbye and started to leave.

'I hope someday you can forgive us brats' Denying inwardly, the Old Man lost himself in his thoughts as he watched the backs of these two quickly disappear.

.....

Asherit and Thyriel quickly arrived at their house and entering the kitchen Asherit began to put away all the provisions that were in his ring.

As for Thyriel, although she had already made the blood pact, she did not know how to use the Spiritual Sense so she could only help save Asherit's provisions for now.

"Sister Thyriel, first I will cook something for dinner and then I will teach you how to use the Spiritual Sense, okay?" While Asherit prepared some utensils and containers for cooking he comment to Thyriel.

"Let me help you cook, I'm not bad at doing it" Hearing Thyriel, Asherit remembered the past that Thyriel had talked about before and because they both had things they didn't want to talk about at the moment, he just nodded to be agreed.

With the two helping to cook, the food was prepared quickly, they cooked a meat stew of some kind of wild beast that was well preserved among the provisions, adding some spices and vegetables.

As garnishes Thyriel prepared a pot of rice and also a pitcher of water for a fruit with a slightly sweet flavor that they found among the provisions.

After everything was ready, Asherit set the table while Thyriel served the food.

"Enjoy your meal!" The two said at the same time and started eating.

Thyriel took some meat, some vegetables and some of the sauce of the stew with a spoon, bringing the bite slowly to his mouth she breathe a great breath of air and the sweet aroma of the meat, intensified with the well-seasoned sauce of the stew, they seemed to form a perfect symphony orchestra that filled her nostrils with an aromatic smell, without wanting to wait any longer, she began to taste this portion.

The sauce caressed his entire palate gently, it was slightly spicy, but with a touch of sweetness that gave it a perfect balance.

There were some potatoes and carrots among the stew vegetables and as she started chewing them, Thyriel could feel the softness of these vegetables, the flavor of these had been strengthened due to Asherit's preparation techniques.

Then her tongue finally found the small piece of meat and began to taste, although it was a little hard due to the type of meat, the juiciness, the pleasant smell, the sweet taste and the adequate temperature in this cut made this fact it will be easily ignored.

Accompanied by the other flavors inside her small mouth made her feel that an elegant dance between different sensations took place while she ate.

"Mmm, It is exquisite Brother Asherit" While still licking her lips Thyriel commented full of sweetness.

"Hehe, I'm glad you like it, the rice is also soft and fluffy, I could definitely eat it daily without getting bored" Asherit who was already eating also praised Thyriel and when she heard it she blushed a little and nodded gratefully.

The two ate patiently enjoying each bite, although they were hungry, the idea that food would grow legs and go away never went through their minds, so after an hour, where between only the two of them had finished a pot of stew and rice, they were quite satisfied.

After clearing the table and washing the dishes, the two went to the living room where they moved the armchairs a little to place a tatami that they had found in the warehouse.

And while taking a meditation posture, Asherit commented.

"Sister Thyriel, your Magic Spirit has already awakened, but you have not yet begun to cultivate, have you?" Sitting opposite each other, Asherit questioned.

“Mm, when I got to Hwerwyl City I only knew a little bit of martial arts that my father taught me and I thought it was enough to enlist an army, but I had no idea what is the Magic Spirit, nor magic, mages and the mana” Nodding to Asherit, Thyriel began to reply and seeing Asherit's slightly surprised face she continued.

"When I was filling out the joining form, the recruiting administrator wanted to kick me out due to my age, but an older man who saw this stopped him and took me to a room with drawings of symbols and strange stones on the floor, after the older I recite some things that I could not understand well, the symbols and stones on the floor lit up and beautiful multi-colored lights filled the room, the older one was a little surprised and then started to personally fill out my enlistment form, I was curious and when I asked what had happened, he said something like: 'Your Magic Spirit has awakened and it is a monstrously unusual one, without a doubt you are a prodigy of those few that are born each era', after that I met Sister Joana and Brother Alsod and the rest you already know Brother Asherit” At the end of her explanation, without knowing why, Thyriel blushed a little and looked down for a moment.

On the other hand, Asherit was quite surprised to hear this, he imagine that the symbols and stones that Thyriel commented, were a kind of magic tool that together with a magic spell could reveal one's talents and affinities.

No doubt his curiosity about Thyriel's abilities increased upon hearing her story, but he decided to be patient and begin to explain step by step about what he knew so as not to confuse her.

"Mm, then I will begin to explain to you about the Spiritual Sense and the Magic Spirit" Pausing to put his ideas in order, Asherit began to process what he knew about these issues from his mother.

Although he did not have much experience using the Spiritual Sense and did not understand much of this information very well, it must be said that all his knowledge came from Queen Elizabeth, an expert and wise person at the pinnacle of this world.

Although her battle capabilities were sealed right now, that was not the case with her knowledge and if the Queen decided to lecture on a topic, regardless of race, all pinnacle experts would certainly attend.

Taking a deep breath Asherit slowly began his teaching.

"All living beings are able to use their mind to some degree, and our mental activity is divided into several types of processes: the conscious, the unconscious, the procedural, the non-intellectual functions and the affective functions, for this it integrates various faculties of the brain, allowing us to gather information, reason, and draw conclusions” As Asherit spoke, Thyriel did not even blink, focusing her maximum attention on him.

"The mind is responsible for understanding, perception, the ability to create thoughts, creativity, learning, reasoning, emotions, memory, imagination and many other cognitive skills"

"With the help of our senses, we see, hear, taste, smell and touch our environment, with all this movement and with all these experiences, we generate histories"

"Then, when our mind reacts to external causes and generates internal reactions, these are interpreted by the 'Ego' and our history of experiences to give conclusions, which generate our intellect, personality, emotions, consciousness, fears, passions, creativity, understanding, judgment and actions”

"The Spirit is this abstract and intangible entity to which these capacities to feel and think are attributed." As he explained, even Asherit was gaining more and more ideas about these profound topics.

"On the other hand, living beings that have a Magic Spirit are more susceptible to their environment, to the thinner cords that make up the universe, the laws and truths of creation and existence"

"Since a such a being is born, his Magic Spirit is constantly interacting with his environment, gathering information, reasoning and drawing his conclusions"

"And when we say that a Magic Spirit has matured and awakened, this is because it has gathered enough information to create a good record of experiences, which give this Magic Spirit the ability to guide, control and gather these laws, which we perceive as the energy of the universe or the Mana. ” While saying this, Asherit stood up and opened her hand.

On his palm, a small sun slowly rotated and around him a Fire Dragon, a Phoenix Bird, a Vermillion Bird and a Three-Eyed Raven surrounded this small sun flying in different directions.

Thyriel listened and saw this scene enchanted, after a moment Asherit used to breathe a little, lowered his hand undoing these projections and continued.

"Our Spiritual Sea on the other hand, is like the container of this Magic Spirit, the greater our Spiritual Sea, the greater our Magic Spirit will be"

"Let's think for example of the Magic Spirit as if it were water, so the bigger this Sea is, the more Water it can store, allowing us to increase its capacities"

"And, although it is located at the level of the eyebrows, in the middle of our forehead, it is like a separate dimensional space that can be infinite" In saying this last part, Asherit pointed towards the Spiritual Sea of ​​Thyriel, where was it located the sky-blue symbol of a small size, which had the shape of the spring wind that drove the morning dew and autumn leaves.

This symbol gave Asherit a deep feeling and as he looked at it, the feelings of closeness he had felt the first time that he met Thyriel reappeared.

On the other hand, feeling Asherit's gaze on her, Thyriel bowed her head with a red tint on her cheeks that gave her a fascinating touch and when he saw this, Asherit came to, dispersing these thoughts he continued his explanation.

"What we call Spiritual Sense, refers to the ability to project and control our Magic Spirit outside our body, and use it to understand and see the world around us with it"

"By giving us in some way another sense, it is called Spiritual Sense" Seeing Thyriel's slightly confused expression, Asherit continued.

"Following the example where the Magic Spirit appears in the form of Water, imagine that we can spread all this Water around us, and that it can overstep any type of object, then, without worrying about being blocked by a wall or a tree, as long as there is enough Water within our Spiritual Sea, the Water will continue to spread"

"And now, imagine that you can use that Water as your eyes to see everything it covers, or as your ears, listening to any sound that occurs in the area that it encompasses, or as your hands and feel each part to which it extends…” Seeing the light in Thyriel's eyes, Asherit realized that she was beginning to understand better and continued.

"Then, depending on the quantity, quality and affinity of your Spiritual Sea and your Magic Spirit, as well as your abilities to control and understand your Spiritual Sense, you can extend the uses of this in useful, fascinating and unimaginable ways" By seeing the emotion with which Asherit explained the latter, Thyriel also felt infected.

Closing her eyes and without Asherit helping her, giving her more information or more advice about the Magic Spirit and her Spiritual Sense, she began to interact with them little by little.

She was using the inner projection that Queen Elizabeth had taught Asherit, however her way of using it was very crude as she was just doing it instinctively.

This projection of her was standing within her Spiritual Sea seeing the immensity of it and her Magic Spirit.

Although her Magic Spirit had already matured, she still needed to grow to fill the entire space of her Spiritual Sea, and while standing here, Thyriel had the impression that she could feel how it was moving and turning from one direction to another within its Spiritual Sea.

Meanwhile, Asherit had long since calmed down from his previous excitement and had begun to observe Thyriel, filling himself with amazement.

Strangely, the sky-blue symbol located at the height of the Thyriel Spirit Sea had begun to twinkle when she closed her eyes, the pauses between each of the twinkles becoming shorter and shorter.

"I see, Thyriel must have entered to some kind of enlightenment connected to the symbol on her forehead" As Asherit sat looking straight at Thyriel, although he did not know what she was going through, he wished with all his heart that this little girl would make good profits of this enlightenment.

1