Chapter 22. The First Mission Begins! (Part I).
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A MESSAGE FROM SAARG

I hope you are having a good weekend.
I leave you this week's chapter, enjoy it.

Remember to visit us on Patreon, if we can reach this month's goal, we will upload several extra chapters.

 

While Asherit was meditating on some things sitting in lotus position in the middle of his living room, Thyriel had finished bathing.

"Waah, that was a good bath" Stretching her whole body, Thyriel came to Asherit quite relaxed.

"I'm glad that you enjoyed it, there are still a couple of hours left for the training with Lieutenant Hun, so let's go to sleep" With a smile, Asherit commented as he got up.

"Brother Asherit, but, what about our morning training?"

"The most important thing now is to let your power finish settling, the hot bath relaxed your whole body very well and with a good nap, it should be enough for your power to finish being founded",

"Also, we haven't slept for hours, remember that as long as we can, we should try to be in our best condition" After hearing Asherit's words, Thyriel nodded obediently and they both went to sleep for a few hours.

...

The sun was already high in the skies bringing life to this part of the world, meanwhile deep in the Ghost Forest, in the middle of a training yard, Thyriel and Asherit were in front of Lieutenant Hun, waiting for his directions.

"Well guys, from now on I will teach you tricks and methods with which you can increase the control of your magic spells and shorten the casting time as much as possible" With a clear and quite serious voice, Lieutenant Hun began his speech, and throwing some manuscripts to both youngs he continued.

"Also, you will learn the best tactics and strategies, as well as the best magic assassination and combat techniques that we abysmals possess" Hearing the Lieutenant say these words so solemnly and seeing the books in his hands, Asherit had a grin inside.

'It seems that the elders liked our demonstration and have decided to invest in nurturing us' Without changing his calm and cold appearance, these kinds of thoughts passed through Asherit's mind.

"Memorize those books later, once you finish, return them to the library, according to the routine I had told you about, let's start with the magic spell training..."

"Yes Sir", "Yes Sir", it was clear that the high ranks had decided to invest in them, but Asherit was still somewhat surprised to see Lieutenant Hun's dedication to training them, it was as if his life depended on it.

...

“Very good Thyriel, but the next time, when you project the drawings and shapes in your spiritual sea, try to imagine the representation of each stroke in a hand seal, this will help your execution of hand seals be faster and fluid”,

"That was a good performance Asherit, try to divide the drawings and shapes into sections both in your spiritual sea and in the manifestation, and complete a connection between each section to make a more stable bridge",

“Since you can manipulate 3 types of elements, try to use different approaches for your spell with each element Thyriel, so your spirit will loosen the attention it was putting on the other two elements and be much more oriented to the element from which you are casting a magic spell”,

While Thyriel and Asherit ran a couple of spells over and over again, the Lieutenant focused on analyzing the entire process and trying to give them specific pointers to improve their expertise.

...

The afternoon came quickly and after a break for eat and study some of the books of magic combat and assassination techniques, Lieutenant Hun, Asherit and Thyriel's group returned to the training ground.

"Okay guys, the ones I provide are just magic techniques for your related elements, if you have enough time and want, you can go to the library for techniques of the same level of other elements, maybe it will serve as a reference" Hearing the words of Lieutenant Hun, Asherit was glad inside.

He had been thinking that for the moment he would only have access to the fire element magic techniques that the Lieutenant gave him and the water, wood and wind element magic techniques that the Lieutenant had provided to Thyriel.

Now however, he knew that he had the authority to peruse the magic techniques of the other elements, and not just any cheap magic technique, but the core magic techniques of the abysmals.

Although gorging on homework wasn't the best thing, it wouldn't hurt to take time to memorize all of these techniques.

With Thyriel's ability to understand, it would be surely a very good reference and will help her dexterity to increase.

As for himself, he had the ability to control all the elements, so this would only make him much more skilled than he already was.

"First we will do training matches in which you will use basic assassination tactics, techniques and strategies that you learned in the library and I will give you pointers of what you can improve, then try to execute the advanced techniques for your level that I give you",

"Remember that even if you only advance the pace of an ant, as long as you continue to advance you will continue to grow" After a few more indications, both youngs began training matches against each other, while the Lieutenant presented opportunities for improvement.

"When executing these types of tactics, try to take a balanced aptitude between the thought that your comrades are there to support you, but, they can also betray you at any time",

"Always find a way to take the opponent to your game, so, being on your board you can use all the advantages you have available",

"Before starting an attack, have a main escape route and several alternative routes prepared, as well as two or more plans to contain predictable and/or random events,"

'Surprising, they both seem veterans in this, the young elf is so graceful and refined in her movements, but, each of them can be so swift and ruthless to take the lives of their enemies, furthermore, with every second that passes, she becomes more competent ',

'As for the young seventh prince, it seems as if everything that he did could only be done perfectly and even surpass the limits of the perfect, although he always carries a cold and calm demeanor, is not closed-minded or arrogant, and absorbs the few advice and pointers that I give him like a sponge',

'This is how they should be… Young Lord, what are you really planning?' The more he saw and trained these youngs, the more Lieutenant Hun became uneasy about their overwhelming talents, and as he remembered Rakshar's words, his mind filled with all kinds of ideas.

...

Thus, the days passed one by one without breaking their heavy and strict training routine, both youngs increased their skill level step by step, but it was also true that little by little they accumulated a certain amount of fatigue while they followed the Lieutenant's training and carried conduct their own training ...

And after a month of this routine, today was the last day of their training.

At the training ground where they used to train, Thyriel and Asherit stood in front of Lieutenant Hun, waiting for his next word.

'Although they look somewhat fatigued, the aura they both give off is undoubtedly that of experts, I never believed that I would feel so proud just for having the joy of training two little ones' With a smile on his face, Lieutenant Hun looked at both youngs a bit and then he started his speech.

"Okay soldiers, I have taught you the best I could so that you can overcome future missions, remember that although this month of training has concluded, you have just begun your path in cultivation so never neglect your training or your learning",

"Yes Sir!" "Yes Sir!", With an answer in unison, both young people answered with seriousness and respect.

"Mm, now you can go to the assignment center for the details of your first mission, although it is the first does not mean that it is easy, in fact, you both know the murky events that have occurred, once in the assignment center you will find a lot of more information about what has been happening”,

"You will have the next 3 days to prepare and rest, after that you will have to leave to complete your first mission, according to the capabilities that you have shown me, I have no doubt that without any unusual event, you will be able to carry out your mission, so get ready, rest and good luck” Seeing these two young guys, Lieutenant Hun had a look full of praise and good faith, hoping that trying himself in the real world would only polish them further.

"Thank you very much for your teachings and for your care Lieutenant Hun"

"Thank you very much for your teachings and for your care Lieutenant Hun"

Both Asherit and Thyriel expressed respect and gratitude, although Asherit hated the abysmals, that did not change his mentality of being grateful, and without a doubt, he knew that Lieutenant Hun had tried ten times more than the other lieutenants with his training.

"Mm, Stand Down Soldiers"

"Yes Sir" With a military farewell, both youngs left for the central assignments, and Lieutenant Hun only stopped seeing their backs when they had disappeared from sight.

After a few more seconds, he withdrew to report to that inconspicuous house at one end of Ghost Town ...

For their part, Thyriel and Asherit had already arrived at their house, both holding transparent blue crystals which had been awarded to them at the assignment center.

“Amazingly, to avoid duplication of information, crystals are created that enclose small threads of spiritual sense which contain said information, once the crystal is broken and the user digested this thread, unless the user spreads the information, this it will be well protected "

"The impressive thing here is that without the magic unlocking spell of the crystal and the Elite Division plate, even if someone randomly breaks the crystal, the thread of spiritual sense with the information will only fade" While they looked at the crystal, though to many was normal, for both young people here it was fascinating as they had never seen one.

Then, after nodding to each other, they both began to form strange seals with one hand and imbue them into the crystal they were holding with the other, at the last moment, from their interspatial ring Thyriel took out her copper plate, while Asherit took out a plate assigned to him in order to obtain the information from the crystal.

With quick movements as they pulled it out, they both imbued one last seal on the plate, and it in turn transferred it in a strange way to the crystal.

Crack!

Instantly, the crystal shattered into pieces and a thread of information flew towards the plates of both youngs, after putting their spiritual sense to the plate and that it recognized them, they had access to the information and it quickly spread in their minds.

“I see…, the situation is stranger than it seems, although our mission seems difficult, higher-level missions will be carried out at the same time, we will only be supporting so that those missions are much more fluid and created certain advantages for our main forces…” With a thoughtful face, Asherit commented.

"Mm, even so it seems that among the missions of the new recruits, ours will have a great impact on the general course of these events" Like Asherit, Thyriel also had comprehension abilities beyond understandable, and she could see the general business board and give an accurate opinion of it.

"You are right, we will have to act with caution and intelligence to prepare a field full of advantages" Asherit commented in a serious tone, and then they continued talking and planning some details for a couple of hours.

For Asherit, it was quite pleasant to talk with someone with such great abilities as Thyriel, for her part, for Thyriel it was quite pleasant to talk about anything with Asherit ...

So, 3 days passed, both youngs had rested well, they stopped training these days and focused on cultivating and preparing what was necessary for their mission.

Very early in the morning, Asherit and Thyriel had breakfast and prepared their last provisions, unlike the other recruits and many other soldiers, they had the advantage of possessing interespacial rings in which they could prepare food, tools, weapons and everything necessary for their mission.

And when they finished their preparations, they disappeared from the ghost town just before the sun rose above the skies.

...

Inside the Ghost Forest, two shadows moved quickly and silently, as if moving with the wind itself.

*Brother Asherit, although the mission advises us to first investigate the border towns where similar incidents of control of important people occurred, I think it is a better idea to head towards the City of Abundance in the Cloud Kingdom, for the clues detailed in the report, I think something is suspicious there*

*Mm, I have the same thoughts as your Thyriel, let's take a step ahead of their preparations and go directly to that city within the Cloud Kingdom* without pausing for a second, Thyriel and Asherit were communicating through their spiritual sense.

They were both aware that there were sentinels from the Elite Division throughout the Ghost Forest, and although they were technically from the same side, Asherit did not like the fact that they knew their plans, and communicating via spirit sense was much quicker.

On the other hand, they knew the routes and regions quite well because within the crystal that they had been given earlier at the Elite Division assignment center, there was also a fairly well detailed map of the known extent of this world.

Both youngs knew very little about the world and as they studied this map in detail they were amazed at how amazing it was.

This world known as Earth was too vast and what people actually knew about it could only be seen as a continent, a very large continent.

According to the greatest current cartographers, what was known about this world was an area of ​​approximately 50 million km2, within this territorial extension inhabited by different races.

The human kingdoms were previously scattered throughout the center and northeast of the continent, however, due to the conquest of a foreign race such as the abysmals, the central part of the continent had been unified and was dominated by abysmals, although humans were still the of greater population.

To the northeast on the other hand, many human kingdoms still existed, but due to the threat posed to them by the Abysmal Kingdom, they had created pacts between them and were now known as The Kingdoms of the Innate Alliance.

Two castes of dwarves were known to this world, The Arid Mountain Dwarves who inhabited most of the northwestern region of the continent and the Snowy Mountain Dwarves established to the southeast of the continent.

To the south and southwest, a mythical and ancient race inhabited the forests, the world knew them as elves, they were agile, intelligent and adept at magic, and although there were many treated as slaves, no one was ever able to conquer them or enter into their deepest lands.

There was also a species with a very low population that was trivially named as fairies, they inhabited different forests on the continent, but they were found mainly in the southern forests and the eastern forests.

Said eastern forests, better known as The Snowy Forest, were an extremely extensive region, so much so that no one throughout history was known to have been able to cross the entire forest, and it was not only extensive but it was the main home to the wild beasts and magic beasts of this world, so the further one went, the more dangerous one became.

To the north there was a large barren area, few tribes of different races were able to live there since in this desert food was always scarce and people died in fights every day for just a piece of something edible.

As for the Western region of the continent, it was known as The Nobody Lands, an area where fugitives, merchants, small powers, assassins, mysterious organizations and all kinds of people inhabited. Chaos certainly reigned in this area and nature's first rule, 'Survival of the fittest' was the supreme belief.

Having the privilege of possess such a detailed map, they had an advantage over any normal person and even many soldiers.

And after they both decided on a fast but somewhat unknown route to cover their tracks, they continued their journey bound for their first mission and their first official adventure as the Fairui'Fuin team.

 

A NOTE FROM SAARG

Thanks for reading this story.

Remember that when you visit us on Patreon, you not only can enjoy all the free content that we have, but also, you can access to our advanced chapters.

In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.
Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.

1