Chapter 23. The First Mission Begins! (Part II).
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
A MESSAGE FROM SAARG

What's up guys!

I hope you have an excellent Halloween.
As usual, I leave you this week free chapter, enjoy it.

Remember to visit us on Patreon, if we can reach this month's goal, we will upload several extra chapters.

 

Although the Ghost Forest was on the edge of the Abysmal Kingdom, it is approximately 1/8 of the entire continent, which means that it has a land area of ​​approximately 6,250,000 km2.

And from the Ghost Town to the first border towns to the northeast, the distance was not short either, although both youngs did not go at their highest speed to stay in optimal conditions for any incident or sneak attack, they still traveled at a constant speed of little more than 65km/h.

Taking some daily breaks, after 5 days, both guys had traveled approximately 6,500km.

It was already very late at night, and although the City of Abundance was one of the cities located on the edges of the Cloud Kingdom, it was a very busy one as it was a famous trade route between The Kingdoms of the Innate Alliance.

In the middle of the crowd, a couple of young humans walked normally, the girl wore a simple but rather cute dress, had white skin and pretty features, beside her, the young man wore a comfortable suit similar to that of a scholar, with light skin and quite handsome.

"Look at those two, although they are still children, they are already quite attractive"

"You're right, but walking around this city so carelessly and with those faces..., it seems they haven't heard from the Laschyu Family"

"I heard that they are more lewd recently maybe they..."

"Schh, if they listened to you we could never go shopping together..."

Seeing that they were attracting so many glances and while listening to the whispers of the crowd about a certain family, the girl hid her revulsion well, on the other hand, the young man walked with a firm step but his thoughts drifted as he did so ...

'Fascinating, I thought that I would have to be spending mana every second to camouflage my wings, horns and tail and be able to carry out my mission, even doing that, I would be discovered when I met a B Rank Mage',

'However, the clothing designed by the abysmal is truly fascinating, it has spells of such high level engraved in the form of matrices, in some parts, these matrices are being connected with talismans making everything so intricate...',

"In certain areas it also has mana stones embedded that function as a continuous energy source for all this, in addition there are small matrices feeding back these stones so as long as the clothing is not seriously damaged their disguise and camouflage effects will continue to work and we will continue looking like human… ' Indeed, the two young humans were actually Asherit and Thyriel.

Although the members of the Elite Division were few in number, they were undoubtedly experts, but in addition to that, they had at their disposal the best weapons, tools, and magical technology that the abysmal had developed.

These clothing sets were one such example, and while the amount of materials, effort, and money required to produce just one garment was astronomical, it was completely worth it as long as it helped them accomplish their missions.

Moreover, this and other high-level magic tools were well-kept secrets of the abysmals that only the people of this very special division had access to ...

While Asherit was still lost in thought, two young men of about 17 or 18 years old came out of an elegant restaurant, both talking comfortably and with an arrogant smile on their faces.

"Big brother Laf, look over there, that girl sure is a beauty" A young man a little thin but quite handsome managed to see Thyriel walking not far from them, when he saw that only a brat was accompanying her, he began to get perverse ideas and without thinking for a second, he pointed her out to his older brother who was even more lewd than him.

"Ooh, since she walks through our city so carefree she will surely be waiting for us, come Leof let's go to say hello to our young guest today" With a vicious look, the muscular and handsome young man whom the other young man referred to as Laf, walked in Thyriel's direction as the other young Leof followed.

“Look, they are those brothers of the Laschyu, I heard that the eldest one led other young masters from some of the Great Families of the Border to a small town and while they received them with hospitality, these guys took control of the town and raped all the girls there for days... "

"Yes, I also heard about that, besides, after a few months, the young women who had become pregnant suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth..."

"Poor guys, a misfortune is approaching them and they still don't know it..."

Due to her great senses, Thyriel heard all these whispers from the crowd and knowing that the approaching youths were from the reported family, she had a desire to rush to kill them both.

Yet she knew the importance of their mission and as she turned her gaze towards Asherit and seeing him so calm still thought that she was not controlling her mental state enough.

"Hey guys, it seems like you are new in the town, do you need help with anything?" Both young men of the Laschyu family had come a few steps in front of Asherit and Thyriel when the young man named Leof commented.

On the other hand, young Laf looked at Thyriel without restraining himself while smiling, he knew his little brother's abilities quite well, Leof was a rare mage related to the magic element of light, using his element of light with a rare technique that he found, he could enchant people with just his voice.

Although this technique did not work with experts, the prey of both brothers were young girls from small towns and these innocent young women regularly did not have any magic or martial education.

As for the young woman who was currently his prey, although she was beautiful and her clothes looked quite decent, she was still a child and no one would believe her to be an expert, so Laf was quite confident in the abilities of this brother of hers.

'Hehehe, this girl will surely be a good toy, as for the brat that accompanies her, we will give it to those older brothers with weird tastes...' Leof was also sure of his abilities and vile thoughts were already running in his mind when he heard the voice simple of a child.

"Big brother, we are from a border town and our parents were murdered so we decided to come to the city in search of a job to survive" A rather childish voice came out of Asherit and upon hearing his message a cruel light passed through the eyes of both young men of the Laschyu Family.

"So…"

"Little ones, if you have really lost your family, you can stay with this old man, I have a small smithy where you can work in exchange for food and lodging" Leof was about to invite the two little ones to his house when an old man came out of nowhere and ruined his plan.

"It will not be necessary old man, we will take care of these two little friends so you better don’t meddle anymore" Although he moderated his tone a bit, Leof still seemed quite annoyed with the old man when he ordered.

Moreover, hearing this young human, the old man looked at him for a second and then said.

"Ooh, it seems that old Leaf has not educated his grandchildren well..."

Hearing the tone and message of the old man, for some reason all of Laf's skin turned green and only now did he turn his gaze towards the old man.

He wore a simple robe and was leaning on a strange staff, but when he recognized a small symbol of a cloud on his robe, Laf almost had a heart attack and his whole body was filled with cold sweat to the point of making him shiver.

"Si-Sir, my apologies, my brother is an idiot and does not know how to behave please forgive him, we will leave here immediately" The crowd that was following the events in this wide street opened their mouths in shock as did Leof when he saw his brother behaving like this.

'A Low C Rank Mage?, Tsk everything was going too well to be true, I hope he doesn't ruin our plans' by setting their destiny in the City of Abundance, Thyriel and Asherit had a fixed target, the Laschyu Family.

Finding useless young men like these after only walking around the city for a few hours seemed like a gift from heaven, but now, this old man could ruin their plans with his meddling.

"EXCUSE  YOU QUICK, STUPID!" A strong reprimand from Laf towards Leof brought Asherit out of his thoughts, on the other hand, upon hearing his older brother's scolding, Leof did not hesitate to bow as slavishly as possible and say.

"S-Sir forgive my daring and ignorance, when I get home I will speak to my grandfather of your goodness and I will ask him for a strong punishment"

"Mm, the young men are young after all, stand back and be careful whenever you use your words in front of an adult" Waving his hand, the old man dismissed the two young men.

"As for you guys.."

"Senior, we actually want to work for the older brothers" A girl's soft voice left the entire crowd who were already quite impressed with the previous events looking silly.

Even both Laschyu brothers were gaping at how stupid these guys were, Leof for his part thought that his charms skills had improved lately and the girl had probably already fallen in love with him so this made him feel relaxed and quite satisfied.

Of all those present, the old man was the most incredulous of the situation, 'It is impossible that the Laschyu boy's technique has had an effect because I canceled it when I arrives, perhaps this girl really wants to climb in this society like that…. '

Sigh

A slight sigh was heard as the area became completely silent.

"Okay, I will not force anyone and everyone has to deal with the path that they choose..."

"As for you young men, be kind to these children." After saying this last sentence, the old man took one last look at these children and made his way through the crowd.

"Don't worry senior", "Don't worry senior"

Both Laschyu youths bowed towards the old man while promising, however, a vile smile passed over his face.

"Come, you two little brothers, we will receive you in our house with the best of hospitality" Quickly, the group of Asherit, Thyriel and the Laschyu brothers left the scene towards the privacy of their abode.

"Those children are finished..."

"It is what they have earned by seeking to ascend that course, it is as the old blacksmith said, each one must deal with the path they choose..."

Sigh

The crowd filled the area with sighs and quickly dispersed, in the City of Abundance the events that occurred here today would be mostly forgotten and would only help increase the statistics that the Laschyu Family had generated.

 ...

In a large area to the Northwest of the city was the territory of the Laschyu Family, in the background in one of the most hidden places in this village, an average size house could be found, Asherit and Thyriel were sitting inside, while Laf made drinks and Leof chatted with them.

“Alright brats, let's stop playing dumb, we know your goal little lass…” Bringing a few drinks for everyone, Laf sat up while listening to Leof's words with a face like that of a hungry wolf.

"Hehehe, don't worry it seems that my older brother liked you, as long as you serve us well you and your little brother will have a good life" Hearing Leof's words, Asherit and Thyriel turned, and meeting the gaze of the another nodded.

And seeing this gesture, both brothers felt a very great achievement, they had undoubtedly many girls over the years, but this occasion was quite special.

It was as if two hungry coyotes had found a wounded little deer and when they were trying to hunt it, an imposing mighty moose came to save it and chased them both away.

However, in the end when they thought that they would not eat and were defeated, the little dear ran towards them on his own, escaping from the care of the moose, without a doubt this would not only satisfy the hunger of the coyotes but also his ego.

That feeling of going from scolded loser to top winner in an instant was very pleasant to these young humans.

“Since you know our goal, let's start then…” Hearing Thyriel's soft voice, both young men were excited an as they saw her get up, to enjoy the next show they relaxed in their seats, but, in the next moment.

Hiss-Hiss-Hiss

Swosh

As Asherit used his 'Embryo of Fire' technique raising various barriers and isolating the room, Thyriel disappeared from her place and a moment later she had appeared in front of Leof.

This whole scene left both brothers stunned with terror and without even raising their hands.

PAH!

At Thyriel's fingertips, a thin but dense wind blade had formed, with a swift blow, she drove the blade into Leof's chest leaving only a small, almost undetectable gash.

"Aah" Not feeling any pain, Leof lowered his terrified gaze to his chest and when he was about to say something.

Bom!

A small explosion was heard leaving the room deathly silent, the blade had reached Leof's heart with alarming precision and speed and it had exploded like a punctured balloon.

Without waiting a second, Thyriel sent her palm towards Leof's forehead and executing a technique from her ancient lineage, she guided her Spiritual Sense towards the Spiritual Sea of ​​Leof to obtain some useful memories.

'The techniques of the ancient lineage of Thyriel are so impressive, since Leof's spiritual defenses are non-existent now that he is about to die, reading his memories is much easier and completely safe, plus she is much more than impressive, she didn’t hesitate at the time of executing the plan… 'Seeing this whole scene, Asherit was quite impressed, the amount of techniques that the complete awakening of the ancient lineage granted to Thyriel increased recently, and her control was not perfect yet but she had not had errors in launching it.

On the other hand, there was also the fact that she did not hesitate to murder someone, although after studying the entire mission in detail they understood how aberrant the people of this family were, it was their first time murdering someone, any normal person, no matter how cold, was would have a strong reaction to this situation, but Thyriel was so calm and focused, this was certainly beyond impressive.

"Br-Bro-Brother... AAAHHH DAMN!"

'I should move a bit too' Hearing the screams of Laf who was about to attack Thyriel, Asherit also disappeared from his place.

Pah!

Appearing in front of Laf, Asherit moved his hand to his shoulder, knocking him down and causing him to sit up heavily.

"Hey hey, even if you are very tired you should not rush towards eternal sleep" When he felt the small hand of the young man in front of him, Laf was in shock, he felt as if a mountain was pressing him and although he tried with his entire being he could not move as if their forces had been drained.

"Don't worry, we just want some information, my sister doesn't like to talk a lot so she's looking directly at your brother's memories, but as you see the process is something, um tedious ...",

"On the other hand, I would like you to cooperate, do not worry after asking you some questions we will disappear from here",

"If you refuse to answer or extend your answers, I will have to annoy my sister to investigate properly, okay?" Hearing Asherit's childish voice, Laf seemed to hear the call of death and had to use all his will to not urinate on himself and began to shake his head as if fearing that his agreement would not be clear.

"Okay, first question then, what do you know about the Hystrix Tribe?" Asherit's tone of voice turned cold and upon hearing this question Laf turned pale.

Everything had happened at an impressive speed, but this question from Asherit, made him begin to think and deduce the true identity of these two brats.

His younger brother Leof was a Low G-Rank Mage and he was a High G-Rank Mage, but they couldn't even lift a finger against these two children, in their mind, the idea that experts from the Abysmal Kingdom had come to investigate no longer could be erased.

"So?" Although he desperately wanted to flee upon hearing Asherit again, his heart froze and he could only try to respond as best he could in the hope that these experts would despise killing an unimportant Mage like him.

"Ma-major, I'm just useless in the general scene, but, I'll try my best to answer the best I can..." Hearing this, Asherit read this person in a second and nodded towards him.

"The Hystrix Tribe is a tribe of humans that lives in the outer regions of The Snowy Forest, they are specialists in control and defense techniques, their population does not exceed 10,000 inhabitants but from childhood they are trained in the hostile environments of the forest…" Laf responded to Asherit's question with a general description of this Tribe said to be one of the isolated Tribes of civilization.

"Ooh, I see that you are well informed, so could you tell me why a tribe that is located so far away started working with your family?" With the same cold, childlike tone, Asherit questioned.

Gulp

Hearing this question, Laf no longer had any doubts about who these experts were and swallowing a bit of saliva, he cleared his throat to answer.

"Senior, I'm just a nobody in the big picture, I don't know..."

Crack!

"AAAAHH"

Laf's comment was cut off by his cry of pain as Asherit squeezed his hand splintering Laf's shoulder.

"Sir, although I don't know why the Hystrix are working with us, I know that there are 3 other tribes working with powerful families from the Cloud Kingdom, I don’t know what their objective is but I know some other things..." Without Asherit asking any more questions, Laf laid out information too valuable on its own.

"Mm ... keep talking about that, if you forget to say something I won't be nice anymore",

"Yes Sir!" Laf shouted affirming and began to tell everything he knew about these tribes, his alliance with the important families of the kingdom and the alliance of said families between them, he also mentioned things that once seemed strange to him.

...

It was almost until dawn the next day that Asherit finished questioning Laf, meanwhile, Thyriel had long ago finished collecting the important information from the Spirit Sea of ​​Leof, and sat down to meditate to calm his emotions.

"And that's all that I know, I swear to you" With the throat a little parched, Laf concluded.

"I see, um, you've been helpful to us..." Somewhat thoughtfully Asherit commented.

"S-Sir, so can I go now?" In a trembling, hopeful voice, Laf watched Asherit plead.

"You lied to many girls, you made them suffer, you took their lives and made entire innocent peoples fall into despair, I think that wanting to live beyond today would be unfair, don't you think?" Hearing Asherit's words, Leof's face lost all color, and he was about to use all his mana to execute his most powerful technique when suddenly, Asherit took action.

Pah-Pah-Pah-Pah!

Boom!

With ghostly movements, Asherit hit Laf at different points on his chest, concentrating on the area of ​​his heart, and suddenly something inside Laf exploded.

Laf could only see his life slipped away helplessly, meanwhile, Asherit put his hand on his forehead and used the same technique as Thyriel to further investigate and understand Laf's habits as he thought it would be necessary.

'Incredible, Brother Asherit's Touch of Death is so precise, his way of executing it makes it feel as if taking someone's life was so simple…' Thyriel had given up his meditation to see Asherit's actions.

Although both had gone through tragedies, neither Asherit nor she had killed anyone, in a Division like the Elite Division to which the two belonged, this practice would be common, and between them they had reached an agreement that Thyriel would be the first in assassinating the first target.

Although her reaction on the outside was quite calm, she had to meditate for a while to control her mood, and now, seeing Asherit murder the remaining young man, she no longer had any reaction.

No doubt anywhere this would not be common for children their age, but for Asherit and Thyriel, from now on this would be their daily life.

"Brother Asherit, the mission..." With a puzzled voice, Thyriel expressed after seeing that Asherit had finished probing Laf's memories.

"Mm, things are more complicated than we imagine ..."

In the reports, it was suspected that apart from the Laschyu Family there were three other important families cooperating to control the borders, however, from what they had just found out, it was the 5 biggest families in the City of Abundance and 4 tribes that they were working together.

Although Thyriel and Asherit found out quickly, it is not that the other elites in the Division were incompetent, but rather that the city had sophisticated detection systems, according to reports, the entire city was a defense matrix with an additional function to detect the personal level of each person.

Asherit and Thyriel knew this, but they both had methods beyond anyone's imagination to hide their true abilities, thus they were able to enter the city without problems.

"According to the specifications of the mission, no one is recommended to enter the city, although the new recruits are young, they are all elites for their age and this would make these families suspicious", listening to Asherit, Thyriel nodded as he continued.

"I think both sides know that, and that is why I don’t think that these families have very high vigilance right now, although we must be careful with the people of the tribes since we do not know their ways of acting, I think we can infiltrate in these families well” After reflecting on his new plan, Thyriel added.

"The sun has already risen, let's start setting up our scenario brother Asherit" Hearing the seriousness in Thyriel, Asherit realized that she had already entered in a very high state within the Assassination Arts, and after nodding with a smile towards her, they both began to move.

A NOTE FROM SAARG

Thank you guys for reading this story, I really appreciate it.

Remember that when you visit us on Patreon, you not only can enjoy all the free content that we have, but also, you can access to our advanced chapters.

In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.
Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.

1