Chapter 28. A couple of beautiful fairies, an ancient legend.
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Asherit and Thyriel, copying the identities of the deceased Barkh and Flor, each took one of the little Hana's hands, as they entered the houses of this neighborhood.

Behind them, two elite guards followed alertly as they surveyed their surroundings, and a little further behind, the captain of the Crimson Mansion's guards Calark, and the chief servant of the mansion Alfered walked with concern.

"Hane!, Hane!" Releasing the hands of Asherit and Thyriel, Hana walked into a small house and seconds later came out hand in hand with another cute little girl.

Seeing them together, Asherit realized that they were both somewhat similar, but each gave off a different aura.

"So, you are the nice older brothers... I’m Hane and you both seem nice" Little Hane stood in front of Asherit and Thyriel, she had fine features and white skin just like her sister, also small pointed ears and a few cute wings that matched her, she looked much more daring than little Hana, Asherit felt that as she took her sister's hand she took a protective posture with her.

Little Hane on the other hand, did not take her curious and playful gaze from Asherit and Thyriel, a moment ago her sister had come in to tell her that she met two nice older brothers and she did not understand it until she was in front of them.

The older sister and the older brother in front of her gave her a feeling of closeness like the one she had with Hana with whom she always wanted to be, although she felt that something was strange with the image that Asherit and Thyriel showed she still felt quite comfortable around them.

"Hehe, both of you lass are so cute that even nature is kind with you girls" Asherit mentioned with a smile upon hearing the words of little Hane.

"Mm big brother, you said you'd play with us" With some shyness in her tone, Hana commented.

"Haha, let's go play then" Seeing Asherit and Thyriel nodding while smiling, both Hana and Hane showed beautiful smiles as they jumped up and ran to a small playground.

Seeing them, Asherit and Thyriel smiled at each other and walked enthusiastically behind them until they reached an area with some swings and slides.

It must be remembered that Asherit and Thyriel were 6 year old children, only about 3 years older than these two little sisters, however, although in different ways, both had been born prisoners of their destiny and the occasions in which they had fun playing as children were so rare that it could be counted on with the fingers of both hands.

And as they played with these two little girls on the swings and slides, they were both having fun to heart as well as they got closer and closer.

“Alfered, whenever I see Hana and Hane playing, I get the feeling that the world shelters them carefully, now when watching them play with these young masters this feeling only becomes clearer, maybe, maybe they really are good people...” Hearing from his old friend Calark, Alfered began to have mixed emotions.

He also felt that watching the scene of Asherit, Thyriel, Hana and Hane playing together created a nice harmony with the world and the four of them looked pretty good together, however he had also seen the depravity of the Laschyu family and had heard thousands of pretty disgusting things about them.

Then he remembered how his shy granddaughter Hana had started interacting with these boys as if she had known them all her life, and also how his mischievous granddaughter Hane did not act aggressive towards them knowing that they held her sister's hands.

Also, both of them had stated quite firmly that these guys were nice, it was as if some kind of sixth sense assured them.

"M-maybe both of them really are good people..."

...

It was until late at night that they stopped playing, for this, the other women and girls had already gone out and all the little girls had been playing with Asherit and Thyriel, however, all the adults found it quite strange that the two girls who never were so close to anyone, this time they were not separated from these two youngs.

In a large courtyard, everyone ate some stews that they had all cooked, little Hana kept bringing all kinds of food to Asherit, while Hane did not stop playing and talking with Thyriel.

"Captain Calark, Chief Alfered, all of you, where are you from?, And how did you end up on this job?" With some curiosity, Asherit suddenly asked as Hana and Hane began to fall asleep.

Sigh..

A slight sigh was heard as Calark and Alfered turned to see each other.

“We are from a region to the Southeast, our tribe was on the shores of the Snowy Forests and a couple of days after reaching the Snowy Mountains, unlike many tribes that inhabit such forests, we don’t worship any magical beast, but rather the fairies” As he said this, Alfered's gaze fell on the faces of his beloved granddaughters who slept soundly on Asherit and Thyriel's laps.

“According to the legends, our ancestors were fugitive’s human, a group of people who worshiped nature and stole a certain object from the great kingdoms of that time, then they returned that thing to the nature, and such act was something that everyone went mad and chased them to kill them”,

“However, our ancestors had among their people great cultivators of the era and thanks to them, they were able to escape to the regions of the Snowy Forest, once there, the legend tells that nature was grateful to them for the great favor received from they and owing that, nature protected our ancestors, eliminating all their pursuers once they set a foot in the forest” Hearing the story told by Alfered, Asherit was quite impressed.

Within his mother's collection of books, he had read an ancient record that narrated how nature gave birth to something incredible, but in a moment of weakness, that item was stolen by the biggest alliance of humans that this world has ever known.

With such object in their hands, in just a decade the humans developed 10 times faster and even began to expand and launch simultaneous wars against other races, gradually gaining the upper hand.

However, among the human leaders, there were some who loved nature and only cooperated by stealing the object for academic purposes, seeing the warlike uses that humans were giving to that object and also after a series of attacks from the nature of the which is only vaguely mentioned in the records, the faction of these nature lovers decided to steal and return this object to nature.

Since the records were old and incomplete, Asherit didn't know what happened after that until today, and seeing these people he could only be impressed by their backgrounds.

"Thus, our ancestors settled in the place where nature began to take care of them, but, the hatred of the humans of that time towards our ancestors was so great as to attack them on a large scale a generation later...", interrupting Asherit's thoughts, Alfered continued telling.

“At that time, many of the powerful leaders of our ancestors had already passed away due to age and the injuries left after their persecution, therefore, although our people worked with nature to fight against humanity, they were on the brink of the defeat",

"It was in the last stage of the battle, when our ancestors were on the verge of collapse, that something changed the course of history that seemed already written...",

"An army of beautiful and powerful fairies appeared out of nowhere, overwhelmingly attacking the human armies alongside nature and leaving a humiliating slaughter that humans desperately tried to erase from the annals of time",

"After that event, the human kingdoms never again tried anything against our people, as for our people, the fairies began to protect us, and we began to worship them and nature with vehemence",

Listening up to here, Asherit and Thyriel could only sigh when thinking about how important that object must have been for nature since even the fairies, whom some called as the emissaries of nature, dedicated themselves to protecting this town perhaps only as a gesture of appreciation.

"That friendly environment between our people and the fairies existed for generations to our day...",

Sigh ..

A heavy sigh was heard from several adults listening to what Alfered was saying. On the other hand, Alfered nodded to Calark for him to pick up the story at this point.

“However, one day almost 3 years ago, several young people of the race of fairies visited our town, since at that time Alfered who was the head of our tribe was traveling, I was in charge of welcoming them as usual”,

“The young fairies however, arrived in a dominant way and proactively traveled every corner of our territory and the surroundings looking for something, they even forced many people of our tribe to search in dangerous places and although many people died, they didn’t care and continued their search”,

"Although we asked what they were looking for they never told us, and although we expressed our complaints and threatened to tell the fairy leaders, they only acted more atrocious",

"We sent some groups of people to report this to the leaders but they never returned, after 4 months, Alfered returned from his trip without the elves noticed, by then he was already carrying his two granddaughters in his arms",

“A few generations ago, it was quite common for people in our village to breed with the fairies, but for a generation or two this hasn't happened and when we saw Alfered's granddaughters, we thought that maybe if we showed those young elves that our tribe and their race still had great ties, they would perhaps stop acting so aggressively", Asherit and Thyriel agreed to this, the oldest way of forming good relations between tribes, peoples, kingdoms and even races, had always been the arranged marriage between the two parts.

A marriage between the descendants of the chief of the tribe and a person among the fairies would strengthen the ties between both peoples, more to see how special and beautiful these two little ones were, Asherit thought that anyone's heart would soften when seeing them.

"But Alfered..."

"I convinced everyone to flee...", while Calark hesitated to speak, Alfered interrupted by declaring.

“On my way back, I found a group of fairies looking around, luckily, before greeting them I secretly listened to one of their conversations and its content, I found out that even if they found what they were looking for, they would kill us all and each one without mercy”,

"I also knew that the one who ran this operation was the son of the current fairy matriarch, so I knew that even if they took a liking to Hana and Hane they would only raise them after killing us all"

"A dark night and in which the fairies were busy enough to worry about us, we escaped through tunnels and ancient areas that our ancestors prepared when humanity was chasing them",

“We traveled north and many people from our village did not survive, one day, while the men were looking for something to eat within a village on the borders of the Cloud Kingdom, we heard from some people that someone from a great family was looking for a big family for a certain job",

"By introducing ourselves to these people who turned out to be members of your Great Family Laschyu, we were offered the job of managing and taking care of this hidden mansion, we were tired of running away and perhaps the heavens were helping us so without thinking we accepted the job", Hearing all this Asherit nodded, this place provided them with everything and was also well hidden, although he still had doubts about the whole story, he did not ask more.

*Brother Asherit, I don't think that they are with the Laschyu and rather they only work for them to survive, maybe we should tell them?* A message for spiritual sense reached Asherit from Thyriel, although she was too intelligent and could be cold and forceful against her enemies, she was still a kind girl and upon hearing the story they had just told her, she felt some pity for these people and for the girls who slept between her laps and unconsciously lowered her guard against them a bit.

*Mm, I also think that they have nothing to do with them, however, our shoulders carry the weight of many lives and we cannot make any mistakes for a good first impression, we will continue to observe and investigate them while we follow the course of planned actions and at the time, we will inform them and try to keep them out of any crossfire* Hearing Asherit's spirit sense message, Thyriel nodded as she realized that she needed to temper her mind much more.

Then, she unconsciously turned her gaze towards Asherit, this young man whom she admired, and she discovered that a pensive look was painted on his face as he watched the little girls sleep comfortably, perhaps among all those present only she could distinguish Asherit's small gestures, and while she saw it, Asherit began to move.

Bewitchingly, Asherit slowly and carefully moved his right hand towards little Hana's forehead on his lap, from his hand only his index and middle fingers remained stretched out together, while the others were closed.

Then he put his fingertips between the little girl's pretty eyebrows and after a moment, he withdrew his hand to stretch it out to Hane.

As with Hana, he gently pressed Hane's Yintang acupuncture point for a moment and then just retreated his hand.

Due to his relaxed and engaging movements, no one intervened or said anything while doing this, and only so far did Alfered come to his senses.

"Yo-young master, this..."                          

"Don't worry, I just really like these little ones", Asherit said without saying anything else.

Thinking of Asherit simply spoiling the little girls with his actions, Alfered and Calark didn't comment further.

Thyriel however, was quite capable in using her spirit sense, even much more than Asherit, and she realized that Asherit had planted a spirit seed in both girls' spirit sea, however this spirit seed was different from the ones that he planted in the other girls before, it were much, much larger and due to its size and density, Thyriel realized that it were overflowing with information.

"Brother Barkh, these have been exhausting days, we should retire to rest for today" Imitating Flor Laschyu, Thyriel said.

Although she knew that Asherit had an immense spirit sea and spirit, creating two spirit seeds of that size, then most likely embedding in them various magical techniques and spells, combat techniques and body movement, magic cultivation techniques and body cultivation techniques, to later plant them carefully without damaging one bit and only positively affecting these girls, Asherit required abnormal amounts of spiritual energy and extremely precise control.

Which is why, even though he looked like nothing, Thyriel knew that Asherit should be mentally drained.

And knowing the intentions behind Thyriel's words, Asherit had a warm feeling coursing through his heart as he nodded affectionately.

Only he knew that he was much more tired than Thyriel imagined, and although she could find out about his excessive use of his spiritual energy and spiritual sense, she did not know that Asherit was planting other types of seeds inside these little ones.

If Asherit was said to be the person with the greatest knowledge in this world of all types of magical elements, perhaps that would be a correct statement. When he gave the girls a cultivation technique, he also introduced into her dantian a special type of elemental energy for each girl, that was his first time using such a method, so even though Thyriel didn't know exactly what he did, she still realized that he did something.

Now however, he had become much more dexterous and Thyriel did not realize that he also implanted elemental energy in Hana’s and Hane's dantian, since they had not awakened their magic spirit yet, he did not know their magic affinity so he implanted elemental energy of all types.

However, it was not as simple as implanting a bit of mana in them, what Hana and Hane now had in their dantian were a kind of seeds but of energy compressed to the limit and integrated with various and mysterious techniques.

From the moment he met both little ones, Asherit began working on these seeds within his dantian and then sowing them in the little ones, and if he did not have absolute confidence of having success by making these seeds of energy perfectly stable, Asherit nor would have even tried.

If one of these elemental energy seeds exploded, it would have the power to kill any High F Rank Mage, however, Asherit put 9 of these seeds in the dantian of these little ones, if a mistake had been made in the process of sowing them and a seed would have gone into chaos and exploded, perhaps the entire Crimson Mansion would have disappeared.

Although it was not noticeable due to his true ability and his large amount of Qi that was intact, at this moment Asherit felt more exhausted than ever.

Carrying Hana and Hane carefully, Asherit and Thyriel led them to their room.

"Chief Alfered, Captain Calark, during our stay you don't need to worry too much about the Mansion in general, just prepare enough rations of food and deliver them to the others, your remaining time, occupy it to train everyone's resistance here..." As they left, Asherit mentioned mimicking Barkh.

And upon hearing it, Alfered and Calark were at a loss for an instant, "Yo-young master, what do you mean with this?" Asherit and Thyriel had already walked a few feet when Calark asked hesitantly.

"Nothing really, just that a good training never hurts..." After leaving this message, Asherit, Thyriel and their escorts disappeared towards the main house.

"Boss, this ..?" Without even being able to articulate a good question, Calark asked referring to Alfered as when they lived in his tribe.

"Inform everyone to rest well, from tomorrow we will start training even the children..." Alfered ordered.

"Yes sir!" And hearing his order, Calark left to prepare the necessary, meanwhile, Alfered tried to sort the ideas in his mind of what had happened today.

Sigh...

Thinking about various matters, especially a certain mission that had been entrusted to him, Alfered let out a heavy sigh.

"No matter how, I will protect the legacy of our ancestors and of the nature..." And while whispering silently, Alfered left to rest near his granddaughters.

 

A NOTE FROM SAARG

Thanks guys for reading this story.

Remember to visit us on Patreon, you can find there our advanced chapters.

In advance, we appreciate your support, as with this, we can continue to bring you much more content and new original projects.
Leave us your comments to know what you think about today's chapter.

0