Ch.2
141 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Few days have passed since Enya informed the military staff about her intention and these past few days, none of her soldiers were still acting suspiciously, she guessed that by now the spy has reported the false information just as she planned. Enya is currently sitting beside Elijah Carter, the Marshall, and across her was Jack Lington, the Admiral beside the Admiral was the commandant of the Marine corps, Leo. In front of him was the national guard, Fin, and lastly is the chairman that was sitting in the front middle of the table.

As they speak, the woman was still deep in thought, not knowing that Elijah was already asking for her opinion

"General Jonz, are you listening?"

By this, the woman came back rushing to reality

"Yes? oh yes! The truth is I was plan-"

Before the woman could even speak, an explosion was heard all throughout the field, followed by the ringing of the bell, alarming all the military staff that was inside the tent. The war has begun, quickly, the woman stood up shouting at Fin to take the chairman out of the place. Running to the entrance of the tent, she saw hundreds of soldiers with their guns along with Axel who was shouting for the soldiers to move.

When the woman saw this, one thing came to mind, she failed. In her five years of living as the Outstanding General, never has she failed but seeing how her soldiers were injured because of the ambush. It hurt her to see how she failed them all. Rapidly she went and commanded them all with the change of plans, informing them of her back up plan as she runs with them to war.

The acrid smell of stale and gunpowder envelopes her nasal cavity. Her hands gripped her M24 sniper as she cocked it, weapons fired without stopping until it's empty. The weapon has no empathy, no remorse but as she fires it off she knew the gun was not at fault, she was. But she didn't have the choice it was either them or the enemy. Big machines booms as it launches, smoke came rushing in, eruption comes in her ear. Men screamed in pain, bodies came crashing down to the cold dusty ground.

Enya crawled down to the ground, beads of sweats dripping from both sides of her temples as she positions herself she felt something grazed against her cheek, scarlet liquid oozes out but she paid no mind. She cocked her gun once more, shooting it right in the head of her enemies, she saw blood acted like a fountain in the enemies she has killed. Hundreds of men found themselves in the dust, stray of limbs and dead creatures that were once humans.

She cocked it once more, finding it empty, leaving it on the ground. Enya stood up, took her knife, and hurled it right into the temple of a man that was about to shoot her soldier. Right above her head was their jet, flying into the sky, a boom was heard then the next thing she knows the jet of the enemy went crashing right into the dirt, a piece went flying up, hitting her leg which she responded with a cry, her face smashed itself to the ground that made her nose bleed but still, she managed to remove the piece that almost crushed her leg. 

Enya crawled over mud and blood with her injured leg, so suddenly a bullet went straight to her arm, pain ignited throughout her body, making her lie down in the dust however she wasn't allowing herself to be such easy prey, so before the guy that shot her can even react, he found himself lies cold in the dirt with a hole in his head. Enya was holding her M4 carbine, her face full of determination and power, she was huffing while holding her gun and by that action, anyone can tell that she was exhausted yet she still managed to stand up.

Swiftly she ran three belts with her limping leg as their machine guns blasted away, loud sounds erupted from it as she hid behind a rock. Out of nowhere, a hand grenade landed in front of her, the woman hurriedly picked it up, throwing it back to the enemy. she ducked as it exploded, limbs and members of many bodies flew up in the air.

The field has witnessed a thousand years of cold corpses and just as the field has witnessed it all so was she, there was only one way to escape war and that is to win it. If you don't want to find yourself dead then don't show pity or any kind of weaknesses cause if you do, it will be an opening for those who are waiting to devour you. The Tommy gun continues to shoot, auto-targeting which hits directly the enemy's chest, making sure that they will not see how the sun rises for another tomorrow.

Enya saw how their enemies fall, they're losing the war. She may fail to be the one to attack them but her back up plan did not fail them. What a relief! Then she saw how they start retreating. They've won, the nightmare that they were facing has come to an end.

Sweat poured down her face, her heart hammered inside her chest, their enemies were gone insight. They've had truly won the battle. Medics came dashing in, helping those who were in need. She began to help as well, forgetting that she, herself was in need. Her focus was on her soldiers, she loved each one of them and so she began to help but the medics stopped her upon seeing her present circumstance, they took her as well, letting her body rest on the foam of the stretcher bed.

When she laid there that's when she felt her body crumble into sleep, closing her eyes, she was finally able to have peace. When she woke up, it was night time, she carefully examines herself and slowly she went out of the bed, there were other soldiers, sleeping as well, bandaged but there weren't many so she went out of the tent to see her soldiers, enjoying their lives. With cheers of joy hits her ear, eyes flung wide, their smiles playing across their lips. They were injured but they were electrified, awake, soaring to a new kind of emotion, Victory. 

It made her smile, just looking at them from a distance but then she heard her name being called, she looked at the voice direction to see Axel, his face was beaming with joy. He was injured as well but not as bad as her, his arm was the only injury he received from the war. When to woman saw how his face was full of joy, she can't help but blush.

This is it, her time to confess to him, the woman was still lost in thought and the man saw how her leg was badly injured so he walked to her.

"What happened to your leg?"

Axel asked worry was visible in his eyes as it stares at her leg then back to her eyes, she was still blushing like crazy, her face, still as red as a tomato.

"Are you sick?"

The man leaned closer and reach his hand to her forehead which only made her blush more, she was already feeling embarrassed but she ain't chickening out now. 

"Um, I wanna talk to you, Can we go....to our...you know."

the woman chuckled nervously, she didn't know why she was acting like a little girl but she can't help it, it was her first time being able to love someone, he was her first love. Her parents died because of overly use of drugs, leaving her to the cruel world by herself, at such a young age she learned how to live and earn money.

The man smiled at her, understanding what she was implying to. He helps her walk to their favorite place, he was walking slowly so the woman would be able to catch up to him, the woman did notice this and thought about how thoughtful he was. When they were finally there, the cold breeze of the sea hits their faces, the stars twinkled so brightly. It was beautiful, they stop and took in the view, just like they always do.

'Here goes nothing!'

The woman thought, she faced him, only to see he was facing forward

"Axel. The truth is I really l-"

Axel signaled her to stop using his hand, he was still facing forward and this confused the woman. Is this his rejection? The woman did want to ask him a bunch of questions but she kept her mouth shut and waited for him to speak. Axel took in a deep breath then he sighed, saying:

"Enya, why didn't you just die at the war?"

This made the woman speechless. What is he saying? Did she hear him wrong?

"What are you saying?"

The man beside her chuckled a little then he faced her, his face was dark, he was smiling so sweetly but the woman saw how his eyes held so much evil. He wasn't the Axel she used to know, it wasn't him that she likes.

"Please, don't act like you don't get it. I know you do."

"B-but why?'

The man did not answer her question, instead, he moseyed closer to her which made her walk backward. She doesn't understand any of it, it confused her to the point she felt weak. She can't even run because of her leg, she didn't take any weapons with her, why? Because she forgot all about the spy, she let her feelings get in the way because she trusted him.

Then suddenly she felt pain in her abdomen, scarlet liquid oozes out, making her breath hitch then another pain ignited like fire on her neck. He stabbed her. Just his words were already painful enough but no, he was making sure she was dead. She felt the knife in her neck dig deeper as he twists it and jabs it deeper in her flesh, she coughs blood but before she knows it she was already falling. He pushed her.

'Did I do something wrong?'

'Or am I just that foolish?

'Just why'

Questions were flooding her head as she tries to find the most reasonable answer to her questions. Her back was resting unto the air, letting her eyes gaze upon the eerie darkness of the night along with the twinkling pearls, and how the cold wind of the sea whisper on her ears. It was ridiculously calming. 

The problem was that she was falling along with her bloody neck and her gaping stomach. The pain she felt was surreal, her stomach felt as if someone's hands were squishing her organs while her neck was pumping, releasing blood that flows to her neck unto her chest and her shoulders, however, despite all of this, she felt numb.

Her body slammed in the cold water before it engulfs her, her hair rises like seaweeds, rippling in the currents, and after just a few seconds oxygen deprivation takes away her thoughts.

The woman's eyes opened, but what was strange was that she finds herself in a dirty worn-out room, wasn't she supposed to be at the bottom of the sea? No, she's supposed to be dead. How come she can think? She quickly stood out of her bed and to the door but the small mirror stopped her from doing so.

She stared at the mirror, only to see a young woman with black raven hair that was lustrous but thin, her skin was pale and was like silk over a glass, her face was perfectly symmetrical with her perfect button nose, her eyes were the rarest eyes she has ever seen. It was the color of blood but not that vivid red of the freshly spilled but more like the deep drying blood. It was beautiful, this young woman is beautiful she was sure that she did not know this woman but she can't shake the feeling of being familiar with her, it was strange.

Where did she saw this woman? Then suddenly it all came back so clear as if it was only yesterday. This woman is Aria Hensberg: the friend of the protagonist of a novel called " The King's Princess"  Aria Hensberg was the daughter of the rich noble family but ever since she came, the Hensberg family became poor, everything came crashing down and so she was called a curse. They said that she was a witch because of her jet lag hair and her astonishing blood eyes because of it, her family grew to hate her, and then the time came when they've sold their daughter to have money.

She was killed, tortured at first before she became a little doll for the princess, her so-called "friend". The princess actually grew to hate Aria as well because the king treated her like a daughter, he wasn't scared nor did he hate her black raven hair and bloodshot eyes, the princess became jealous of the affection her father shows her friend and so she made a deal with Aria's parents and of course they've agreed. After all, it's for the money, it all happened before the princess of the Aurelius Kingdom turns eighteen. Aria was three years older than her and if this woman is still alive that means it's only about to happen.

The young woman massaged her temples. She was just reborn and now she's about to die, again! But she isn't naive now, she learned her lesson. Either her or them and of course it's her she chooses, she's done living a heroic life.

"Let the world burn for all I care."

 

 

5