Chapter 0 – Prologue Part 1: The King of Darkness
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The King with the cracked crown sitting on top of his head, rested on his cold throne. For the majority of his life, that was all he does. If he wasn't he was out fending for his life and for what many assume to be his main goal in life. Domination. However, only he knows himself and he enjoys these quiets times of him sitting on his throne with just his thought process passing the time. But because of the position he gradually was placed in, he knew these times were getting smaller and smaller. And for today, it would be the last time he would enjoy himself like this.

The room where he sat in was fairly dark, damp, and cold. But that didn't bother him in the slightest. He was used to this feeling, this lack of heat and warmth, this isolation. He grew up with it and nurtured him to what he is to this day. But not tomorrow.

At the thought of what might occur overnight, the double doors to his throne began to open. The light of the hall outside eclipsed the person's identity, but for the Dark King, it didn't work on him. The person would then walk in with the speed of the upmost, but didn't dare to run to show respect to the crown on his head. Even if it wasn't there, he knew she would still show him this type of respect. She was just that loyal to him.

"My king." A female voice blew from the helmet of the being, her black armor clanked against the cold stones that made up the uneven flooring. Her voice carries the intense worry she had about the news. But he was wise and knew what she would likely have to inform him of. But to let her feel of use, he keeps his intelligence to himself.

"Speak." The king replied. His voice had a touch of separation of the present as he looks onto the future he is anticipating. His mind obviously in another matter. His finger would gently tap against the arm of the throne, masking as the background drumming for his majestic attention.

"Enemies have begun to approach the castle, the head of the army seems to be standing over the cliff that watches over the crater. What do you propose for us to do? Shall I lead a counter-attack before they step into the grounds?" She overstepped her message, giving options for him to pick. If he had said yes to them, then it would mean that whatever ideas she would come up with would be the correct ones and make the progression on the counterattack that much faster. Anything to protect her majesty and to destroy any who would dare disrespect him in any shape or form.

The king would quietly shake his head at these options and news. This was something he could not ignore, however, even if he guessed as much. Today was the day that the plan he constructed for the past two years recently has finally been at its end and it would be active by the end of today. So having his enemies come in and destroy all that progress was something he would never allow. Even at the cost of his life and any others.

"No, we must be more focused on defenses rather than simple assault. We must not let the enemy enter the castle. It would disrupt the process we have built over the years and I will not wait any longer than I have to. Call forth every soldier in our disposal, every guard we have in our care, and every beast we have tamed. We will protect this castle and our plans. Treat this battle as if it's our last."

The female in pitch-black armor would then bow her head further as she takes his order by heart.

"Yes, your majesty! I will not disappoint you!" She felt the silent order of being dismissed and quickly left the king to his darkness by closing the doors just as she had entered it.

The king would turn his head a tad, just enough to see the lone hole in the wall that was a makeshift window that aided him to tell the time of day. He could see a tint of orange and purple, an indication that the sun was rising. With his incredible senses, he was able to pick up the sound of marching and some clanking that was similar to the armor clanks his knight just made when moving.

At last, the king has lived long enough to see this day. Out of all the schemes that he had conducted with his minions and soldiers, this one was the biggest of them all. Everything was precise and important to the main goal of his plan. And he should have expected a resistance like this at the worst possible time for him. For him, it was do or die. And he knew fate is betting on the latter.

1