Chapter 0 – Prologue Part 2: The Hero of Light
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sitting at the edge of a cliff that gazes down at the lone castle sitting in the center of a massive crater in the wastelands, A man covered in the shining metal of platinum and gold looks forward with a stern look on his face. The sounds of more metal clattering against itself drew his attention from his target and turns around to see what was behind him. With the sun beaming straight down in the sky despite the swirls of gray clouds that covered the blue sky, he still radiated the area with his shine.

From a few feet behind him to the horizon far ahead, he could see many men and few women gather among themselves in all forms of protection and armor. Each of their wielding a weapon and shield to aid them in battles. And unlike him, many of them didn't seem to have the confidence in staying in the area. Their armors continue to clank as they fidget in their steps and look around nervously. This was to be expected. No man outside of the hero has even ventured into the domain of the Dark King.

The journey to this place wasn't safe for such a large army and the hero had to spend days with the bravest mercenaries to clean the area of monsters of all sorts who roam about here.

The people behind him were soldiers that had come from every country in the world. All united for a single goal: to finally end the Dark King and restore peace to the world once and for all.

His tyranny on the world has miraculously united for a single goal. With the Queen of Light and her hero leading the army.

What was occurring was a literal moment of history in the making, all because of one man. And he couldn't have hated someone more than that person. It was a strange feeling as he considers the peace that would occur after today's events. He wonders if the hatred will continue or develop into a form of respect. The idea disgusted him, but it didn't change his mind on the possibility.

His train of thought of how other world events have changed throughout the years as he senses someone was rushing through the crowds toward the front where he was. His expression looked to be one of distress, something the hero worried depending on what he has to say.

"General Hiro! We have news from the Queen!"

Hearing that, he immediately rushes toward the messager to learn what it was quickly.

"Quickly then, what is it?"

The man had to regain his breath before he could reveal what it was. "She, she is coming to the battlefield. She is already on her way here. She plans to see this to the end and to ensure that everything ends today."

The shock was shown on the hero's face. After spending the previous night of pressuring his Queen to stay behind for her safety, she still chose to enter the battle at his side. Time was short, she would likely be reaching them in an hour or so. If he wanted her to be safe, he would have to start the invasion now.

The Queen was far more important to him than anyone can imagine. She was the goddess incarnate And that was aside the fact that he was in love with her. Even to the point he put his valor to the test and proposed to her. Her answer was postponed for after this battle and that in its form was the reward for winning this great battle. And after years of risking his life in fighting the Dark King's forces to protect all the countries in the world, he wanted to be a bit selfish in this last one and fight for himself than for others.

He steps onto a boulder that was near the cliff to give himself a stage. He calls forth the attention of all the soldiers that have been collected there to inform them that the battle will be starting early than scheduled. Drawing his sword, he attempts to motivate them all by reflecting on the many situations that he feared for his life was about to end at the hands of the enemy. But the thought of his queen was something that kept him to continue to hold onto the living and his sword to end the enemy's life. Making the comparison to his queen to their families, friends, and the flag of their country, the soldiers nod understandably to the champion that stood before them.

Turning his attention back at the fortress, he aims his sword at it and calls forth the charge. The ground below his feet shook steadily as all the warriors began to charge toward the castle with roars muffling all their hearing and causing confusion at their enemy's base.

The battle has begun.

1