Chapter 3: Am I scary?
773 14 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After walking in the endless darkness with only a river for centuries long I finally questioned myself.

What do I want to do?

I knew nothing of this world.

Is it a fantasy world full of magic?

A cultivation world full of old monsters?

A world where only ancient creatures lived and no intelligent lifeforms exist?

At least I knew that the world was somewhat old by looking at the trees.

The tree was probably 20 meters in diameters. Maybe even bigger.

The height of the tree was as high as 300 meters?

Then after for walking a bit I finally saw a bush with berries on it.

I plucked some and ate it. I know it was a dumb action as it might be poisonous, but I really wanted to do something.

But luckily for me I didn't feel anything. But I sensed the berries in my stomach melted and absorbed into my body.

But for what it does? I truly don't know. Maybe it's something good.

For experiments I ate more and the more I ate, the more I sensed that nothing happened. It's just getting melted and absorbed into my body for I have no idea why.

At least I have something to do.

Rustle

I heard a rustle in a bush further up and when I saw the thing inside the bush that caused the rustle I was shocked.

A rabbit with three long horns! That's so cute! It's literally a bunny with three small horns as big as some long nails.

But the moment the rabbit noticed me it ranaway.

At this point I didn't thought it was weird as most small animals will runaway from something bigger if it's alone.

This time walking for some days I noticed a black rhino. It was approximately 3 times bigger than your average rhino with three times more horns.

It's tail had some huge spikes on random places.

The eyes were sharp and intimidating.

But I wasn't scared. I didn't know but it definitely has to do something with my change in the endless darkness.

Before I would 100% runaway as fast I could. But I had the urge to approach it and... Kill it?

I wanted to kill it. Rip it apart. Eat it's organs, flesh and drink it's blood.

But did I?

Confusing.

Why didn't I want to kill the rabbit then?

Maybe it was too weak for me to want something from it? Not enough flesh and blood?

Let's just follow my instincts.

As that's the only I can do it.

But how do I kill it?

Ah, it noticed me but what I previously expected didn't happen. It just widened it's eyes and ranaway instead of getting enraged.

Disappointment. I felt disappointment?

Every second it's getting more confusing.

Well, at least I can have the cave where the rhino lived.

But I quickly exited the cave after checking it out for a few solid minutes.

Only bones and rotten stench mixed with a whiff of feces.

Who wants that sort of cave?

But thinking about the rhino that ranaway, I noticed that it might be scared.

Am I scary?

No way right? I am so adorable and beautiful. I don't look intimidating at all.

Walking further I climbed a tree for the first time in my life. Or to say, in both of my lives.

Well it took a solid 30 minutes before I reached the nearest branch. I noticed a huge squirrel with scary sharp teeth nibbling on a bone.

We stared at each other.

But during the staring I felt the urge again.

Kill it. Drink it's blood. Eat it's organs and flesh and rejoice!

But this time the squirrel just ignored me after a good stare and continued nibbling the bone.

I didn't believe I could kill it with my feeble arms but I felt I could kill it. Following my instincts I grabbed the squirrel's body with both of my hands.

I barely could hold it as it was simply just too big. Like a giant teddy bear of human scale size.

It was truly a different world.

I sighed.

The squirrel struggled in my grip. It looked like it didn't expect that the creature in front of it could have such amazing strength. It let the bone fall down as it scratched my arm and bit my hand.

But unfortuntely for it I didn't feel anything. In fact even if I could feel I doubted I would feel any pain because the squirrel didn't leave any marks on my tender arms.

Not a single spot. Not even a red mark.

I strengthnened my grip as I slowly crushed the squirrel's body. The sound of bones cracking could be heard. The screams of the human sized squirrel was everywhere. It could only endure the pain while waiting for it's death.

Blood finally leaked out of it's eyes, nose and ears.

It's vocal chords was probably destroyed as it made no sounds anymore, actually it might be dead. Probably the latter.

During the gory scene I felt calm and excited.

I skinned the fur with the sharpened bone nibbled by the squirrel as I ate it's flesh and drank the blood.

How much time went by? I don't know but I continued eating and drinking the meal in my hands. Licking my bloody lips I smiled. Statisfied.

It was truly euphoria after eating the squirrel. Only bones were left.

The blood, flesh and organs were absorbed into my body like the berries but this time it gave a stronger reaction.

My nails slightly grew from normal sized to somewhat longer and sharper.

I thought that I got stronger as this is the normal development in novels, anime and mangas. But I might be wrong. I had too little information.

I then closed my eyes and tried to sleep for the first time in centuries.

Zzz....

Next chapters will be on halt. I just made the prologue and first chapter to see what the reaction is from you guys. In the meanwhile I will stockpile on chapters.

 

26