Fish to a Hook
414 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first time I saw her, I was enamored.

Simply enchanted by her silky ebony hair and violet eyes that were native to the Hall royal family—or so I've heard.

How I wished to possess her entire view, blinding her with my light… making her incapable of seeing anyone but me.

...

On a typical Tuesday morning, when I was walking down the Golden Rose Academy's halls with my group of anchors in toll, I had spotted a glimpse of violet eyes, an eye color that I have never seen before in the school…

From my studies, violet eyes were a characteristic of the southern continent's royal family, wasn't it? Why would someone like that be here? Was the person a new student?

A smile unknowingly crept up my face as my thoughts churned rapidly in my head.

"Clara, Maria, Luna, Elana, Olive, Iris, Jasmine, and Evelyn, please go on without me. I have something else I need to do first, okay?" As I turned to look at my most exceptional group of minions, I humbly tucked a lock of golden hair behind my ear, exposing my shiny blue jeweled earrings—they were from ore mined all the way in western deserts, made from rare stone.

Startled, the group of girls looked at me in panic, reluctant to leave the surroundings of their goddess. "We can go along with you!"

"No, it's fine. I'll meet up with you later." Flashing my signature smile, I undoubtedly had fried their urge to protest into tiny smoked pieces.

The student called Evelyn—my favorite minion, who not only worshipped me but was also smart enough to know what behavior I expected of her— was first to speak. "If you say so, Asura. I wish you luck in whatever you do, even as I know that you will definitely succeed, with your incredible wits."

She slightly bowed and left. The other girls hurriedly followed her lead, and in no time, I was alone, save for the other students gazing with unveiled jealously on the side that was not part of the anchor of followers I had accepted.

Nodding my head, I took a few steps backward and changed my destination at once, heading straight in the direction of the pair of violet eyes, with my textbooks ready in my arms.

The owner of those eyes will become my next prey!

The more I thought, the more my steps quickened, and I was soon breaking into an elegant—yes, elegant—jog, searching through the crowd of students.

My eyes lit up.

Yes! It's that person! Violet eyes, and long dark hair!

And her face contained thin, refined brows, a small nose, full slightly red lips, and smooth, fair skin!

Simply flawless! —But of course, I'm MUCH MUCH better. A member of another kingdom's royalty attending a school meant for the nobles of Loen… this person couldn't have much power.

But still, a beauty of this level is hard to find in this world, much less this school.

Thinking of someone like this worshipping me, praising me with all their heart… it made me giddy with excitement!

I stumbled elegantly—yes, elegantly—towards the unassuming girl dressed in the same uniform as I.

"Ahh!" I exclaimed with the furrowing of my eyebrows. I 'accidentally' bumped into the girl knocked her down onto the floor, with the books I was carrying in my hands spilling across the marble.

I hurriedly dusted my uniform and began to collect the objects that had fallen. Straightening my back, I spun towards the person that was momentarily stunned on the ground.

Her expression was priceless!

What? Did she think I was bullying her or something? Pfft.

But… upon closer look, the girl, although having a refined air, did not seem at all to be from a ROYAL family. In fact, the lack of fancy jewelry and the shabbiness of her books… she looked as if she was the daughter of a low-ranking baron instead!

Suppressing my disdain, I followed the plan that I had sketched out beforehand.

"Are you alright, fellow classmate?" My voice was clear and void of impurities, the voice of an angel.

I leveled my sparkly ocean eyes onto hers, instinctively turning my face to an angle that allowed the light seeping through the large windows that bordered the halls to hit my face. The warm morning sunlight increased the contrast between light and shadow and, therefore, vividly showcased my facial features and made my golden hair look even more wondrous, glinting in the light.

Seeing the purple-eyed girl wonderstruck, I tried my best to restrain my smirk.

Yes. I've caught her.

Like a fish to a hook.

10