Extreme Obsession
630 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, if I had the choice to reverse time or travel to the past, I would've immediately kicked myself in the shin and pulled out a handful of hair from my beautiful head—for not having any brains and for not walking properly.

I had not expected that simple interaction between Lancera and I would eventually snowball into something like an obsession.

An extreme obsession.

One that interfered with my peaceful daily life of an idol of worship.

To me, a simple obsession— like thinking about me all day, dreaming about me, silently loving me—is fine. I can confidently say that over half of the Golden Rose academy population—including teachers, school pets— is obsessed with me.

The other half is the people that are too timid to obsess over me, thinking that I'm too high for their filthy souls.

But an extreme obsession is different.

I've actually encountered someone who was obsessed with me to the extent of stalking me, threatening the people around me to stay away, saying that I'm hers only… etc.

What do you call that again?

Hmmm… A… That's right!

A yandere!

At the time, I felt pretty honored that I was the target of a yandere, but then again, I didn't experience it enough to understand it's horror since the stalking and threatening only lasted 2 days before my father found out and sent the student into juvenile jail.

But the girl I was talking about wasn't just yandere, she was a yandere that lost her mind.

She actually had the guts to send a bloody knife to him, the most powerful duke of Loen!

I bet Daddy would've loved to kill her with his own two hands instead of sending her to jail... but as a strict abider by the rules, he restrained himself.

Apparently, she wanted my father to plan an engagement for me with her… which is a pretty extreme request.

In Loen, marriage between same-gender people was frowned upon, especially in the aristocrat circles. Gay marriage meant that the wedded couple couldn't have children, and with the nobility, it could very well mean the end of the bloodline.

You see, our kingdom has stringent moral codes, and it prohibits adultery or polygamy... Even though the royal and ducal families have a significantly less pregnancy rate than everyone else, making it so that there would often be less than 4 children in each family.

As for my own family, the Claremonts have twin sons in addition to myself, and that's already considered lucky compared to the rest of history.

Because of this phenomenon that happens in the upper nobility circles (I believe the reason is some sort of special common ancestry?), lower-ranking nobles can never reach higher than a viscount position.

This is very different from let's say, the southern continent, where the Hall royal family has over 15 children and 10 wives. In addition, it was a common practice to gift wives to the upper class to advance their own social standing—quite a disgusting practice, if I say so myself.

Taking this into account, I could understand why Lancera is dressed so shabbily despite being a princess.

As the 7th princess, her hair was jet black, while the king and queen (the officially recognized one) had dark green hair.

This meant that Lancera is not a pure-blooded royal, birthed by one of the side wives of the king. Therefore, the importance placed on her would be greatly diminished.

Besides, females didn't have much power in the southern continent, making it so that even if Lancera did have green hair and was 'pure,' her condition should only be a little better than it is now.

In this aspect, I kind of knew that it would be quite easy to win the girl with violet eyes over with a few kind words, but I had not expected the effect to be so significant as to convert her into a rational yandere.

Or perhaps she was always a little crazy in the head, and I only moved to supplement her insanity.

13