Chapter 02: My Childhood Sunshine
1.8k 14 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I open my eyes and gently tilted my head backwards. I was shocked. 

It's a girl, a cute girl, wearing a red bow and the school uniform for girls. It she who I think it is...

"Are you.... SAYORI!?"

She looks like she's out of breath too. Is she running?

Wait, this scenario... is it from the game? She was catching up towards the main character! The very first scene she was introduced. Wait, wait. I need to recollect my thoughts first. Is this even real?

*Sayori's Dialogue while I was spacing out*

Sayori: "Uhmm. Hello, Earth to Haru? Are you alright? Hellooo?

Sayori: "Hey, Haru. Haru. HARU~ How long are you gonna stare at me like that? Hehehe~."

I mean, how could this happened? I know I died. But somehow, here I am. Alive and well. There's no problem about my health too. No wounds either.

I feel weird. Like this is my body, but it isn't mine. There are overlapping memories. Some are from my past life and some are from this life. It's like I was stitch up. Fragments and pieces combined.

*Sayori started to pinch my cheeks*

"Owww! That hurt! Who did that?"

Oh yeah, I was spacing out and overthinking so much. I forgotten about Sayori here.

Sayori started talking again.

Sayori: " I FINALLY CATCH UP TO YOU! Goodness. You didn't wait for me. I tried calling you, you know?"

Ahhh, that cheerful act. So much like the game. She's so cute. I could just pinch her cheeks right now.

"Ahhh, I'm sorry Sayori. I guess I didn't heard you. I tried to catch up to you because I thought you were also commuting at this time. Seems like I was right though."

*smug face*

I pinch myself to resist the temptation to pinch her.

Sayori: "It's okay. I did catch up to you now. But Haru, you are a fast runner!"

"Again, I am sorry for that. Next time, I'll let you catch up."

Sayori: "Wow, Haru apologizing to me? Something must have happened to you. I don't believe it!"

She said that with a smile on her first. I blushed a bit. Well, I guess this is real. I can feel my face getting warmer.

"Uhhh, yeah okay. Now that we are here, do you want to walk together to school? Like the old days?"

I said that out of instinct. Because in the game, she is the childhood friend. Still, I can't accept this. I think I need more proof and some evidences.

Sayori questions me.

Sayori: "Ehhh? Really? I thought that you don't want to anymore?"

Ahhhhh! How could I resist that face! I feel so sorry. I am a horrible friend. Even though I never knew how I got here.

I replied.

"Well, that changes today, alright?"

I don't want her to be lonely, like me.

Sayori shouted "Yey!" while jumping around me. Am I going to die now?

"Let's go then, shall we?"

Sayori enthusiastically agree.

I guess this is the first time I walked to school with a friend which is also a girl. But don't get your hopes up. Maybe this is just an illusion or a dream. A happy one.

I keep remembering my past life. The matter that I am dead, but somehow I am alive in this world.

Plus, Sayori, a Doki-Doki Literature Character is with me right now. I guess that dream has something to do with it. I can't actually remember nor forget it but my gut tells me that is may be a possible answer. Right now, I need to keep my cool and start to live life here. I need to know if everything us real or not. I mean, I did break science after all. Resurrection and Reincarnation, oh yes. I did. Wait, I did?

Before my thoughts started to drift me away from this world, Sayori asks me some questions.

"Haru, what club are you in right now? Or what club you wanted to join?"

Stunned by that question, I just told a lie. Because I don't even socialize with others.

"Clubs? I guess.... ahhh. None. Hehe. I don't have anything in particular."

Sayori: "Huh?! But... but you agreed last time to join my club?"

Well, I can't blame her for me not remembering that promise. I just got here. Still confused at what's happening. Shit. I am having a headache. I invented an excuse.

"Well, uhmm, maybe I was doing something that time so I must have said yes without knowing. Or maybe like a good reason."

Sayori: "Well, I actually heard you said yes when I said we were bringing cupcakes."

Wait, cupcakes. Oh no. Did I heard cupcakes!? Cupcakes are my weakness. That and cute girls. Like Sayori here. Wink wink.

"Well, if you put it that way, I guess I'll come check your club then. And maybe let me partake your cupcakes."

Sayori: "Yay! Honesly, that's all I could have asked for, Haru!

Because of this cupcake talk, I started to needlessly drool in front of Sayori.

Sayori: "Are you alright? You are looking at me kinda weird again."

Oops, what am I doing? I started to think cupcakes are dangerous.

"But you know, there is an anime club. I can hang out with some dudes and watch anime, play video games and read manga."

But you know what? It's all the same old boring garbage I do when I am home. Where's the point of adventure then? I mean, I think I got reincarnated into another world. Wait, I am thinking like this now? Seriously?

Sayori: "No, don't do that!"

She was close to crying at this point. Maybe I should really check it out. Because, I did promise her, so it is the right thing to do. And since I know a memory that she's the type who keeps bugging you forever. I don't want to leave her hanging.

"Don't worry, I'll check Sayori's Club of Awsomeness!"

*sarcasm*

Sayori: "Really? Are you sureeee~?"

"Yes, yes. You know I couldn't resist (your cute face) your temptations of cupcakery."

Sayori: "Oh f@ck yeahh!" Ahhh! I mean, YAY! Hehehe."

"Wow, I did not expect that it would came from your mouth."

I heard that correctly right? Did she swore?

"Anyway, let's go to school before we are late. There's only like.... *looks at wrist watch*.....10 minutes."

Sayori: "Yeah, let's go." *fidgets fingers*

As our commute to school continues, I started to think that if Sayori exists, maybe at the club.... hmmmm.

Well, only one way to find out...

43