Chapter 19.4: Oh, who is she?
396 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright! I decided! I'll go confess to Haru!"

I wake up earlier than I expected. I started to prepare for school, although my maid had already done most for me. But this time, I have a feeling that Haru will cook me something. I began to drool.

Maid: "Miss Emily, have you ever think that what if he cooks terribly?"

"Ahh no. He cooks for his family after all. Plus I always see him in the rooftop, eating alone by himself."

Maid: "Do you like that boy, Haru... Miss Emily?"

"Well, I'll leave you to that. Hehehe."

I started eating breakfast. Besides, I love every food that has love put in it. The time, the effort that they put just to finish something... I'll bet it will taste great. And I want to fulfill Haru's request too. And maybe, I'll get my chance.

......

Maid: "We're off then, Sir."

"See you later, Father!"

We both leave for school and got into the car. As you can see, my maid drives for me.

.....

Maid: "I'll leave everything in his care then, Miss Emily. I'll pick you up as always."

"Thank you! I'll do my best."

Maid: "Miss Emily, I root for you two. If I may give my opinion, he may be poor, but his heart is rich for kindness and love. That's why, if you need me too... please call me."

"Yeah! And because......"

I hugged her tightly.

"You are my bestfriend! Even with our age differences."

My maid smiles. She hugs me back and fixed my hair. Then, she sees me off.

.....

I notice Haru arrived.

Haruno: "Oh hey. You're quite early? Good morning."

"Good morning! How do you commute by the way? Your house is actually farther than I expected yesterday."

Haruno: "I actually take a public transportation. A train perhaps. Then, I go off to the station and walk from here to there. It's so calming sometimes. To walk alone. Oh, sorry. I blurted something sad."

"No, no. I actually get you. Sometimes, when you are tired of things, you need to wind down right? And spend time with yourself."

While we are talking, we headed to our class. I noticed him carrying something. Hmmm... I think I might know what it is....

.....

When we enter the room, we headed to our seats. But since, this is the 3rd quarter, I think it is time we will exchange sits.

.....

To my suprise, the seats were fixed to have a partner. It was replace as one table, and two persons can fit in it. And guess what? Haru is my seatmate.

"Yey!"

Haruno: "Something matter?"

"Nope, it's nothing."

Haruno: "Well, they did arrange it by ranking. You're always number two. So you will be next to me, that is."

"Same for you, you'll always be my number one!"

Haruno: "What?"

"What?"

Haruno: "Oh you mean me? Well, thanks. I did my best actually. For you to notice me..."

"Huh?"

Haruno: "Oh by the way, did you bring your lunch today?"

"Uhmm, I forgot."

Haruno: "That's actually good. Well, don't worry. I did cook for you today. If you won't mind..."

"I won't. Thank you, Haru."

Haruno: "I do appreciate your kindness, accept it later then."

And with our talk, the new Monday... is the start of our classes. Homeroom started.

.....

Currently on the last subject for the morning, I fell asleep. I didn't get much sleep last night because I was actually daydreaming about Haru. Ahhh, I messed up. But when I awaken, something good has happen. Haru is covering me with his book.

Teacher: "Mr. Ishikawa, what is Ms. Connor doing? Is she sleeping in my class?"

Haruno: "......Sensei, she's not sleeping. We're just sharing a book. I forgot mine."

Teacher: "Well bring it next time! You're bothering her."

.....

He always do unpredictable things. Why do people always judge him? To me, his a wonderful book on the inside. On the outside, he is a mysterious yet interesting cover. I whisper to Haru.

"You could have let me go with the trouble, you know?"

Haruno: "Why would I? Besides, you look so cute earlier. Here..."

He shows me his phone with my picture. Although, why did he set it as a wallpaper? Didn't he know how to use a smartphone?

Haruno: "Ahh, you maybe wondering why I have a smartphone. My dad gave me this so he could call me in times of emergency. It is kinda old, but it is a smartphone. And yeah, sorry for putting you my wallpaper. It's just that I like cute things. Like this one."

Cute? Am I cute?

"W-well. I don't mind. But finally you can see it my way."

Haruno: "What's that suppose to mean?

"I mean at least now you are not denying me. I feel like that we're so close."

Haruno: "This is my thanks to you. As for accepting me. You are my very first friend."

"Me too, exclude my maid though. She's my adult friend."

Haruno: "What am I to you then?"

"My bestfriend."

I made my fingers crossies. I don't want to be just a friend. I want to be more than that.

......

Class just ended while we are talking ti each other. It's lunch time now. I quickly followed him out of the classroom.

......

We headed to an unfamiliar hallway. Maybe this is for the seniors? Some rooms are empty and use for storage. But what captures me is the silence. No noise whatsoever. That's why he always go here. Well, there are two rooftops. I guess the other one is quite noisy, with rumors. The last time I went there, all I heard about is Haru's rumors. I decided to step in and interfere but they don't listen. Instead they want to join me in so I run downstairs.

......

Haru opens the door to the rooftop. It is suprisingly cool and had this breeze going on. And this is the place... I would confess too.

"Haru, what kind of girls do you like?"

Oh! I blurted it out!

Haruno: "Well, I think I like someone with a good personality, that's all. As long as she's a kind person that can accept me... why did you ask?"

"Ohhh! Ahhh! I-I-I'm just w-wondering, that's all."

.....

He started opening the box earlier. I saw two large bento.

Haruno: "I actually got some help for my Father. That's why he made more... well, it is too much. I can actually eat this for 3 days straight."

"Haru, are you okay?"

Haruno: "Well, I am okay... is not my answer. I'll be honest with you. Sometimes, I feel like everyone will just push me away. Everyone hates me, and I know that. They won't accept me. I always think it would be this way. But it is fine. As long as I could find someone will understand me, then that person, I will always cherish them. But I don't think someone will love this piece of junk. Hehehe."

I hugged him to comfort him. He was so warm.

"That's not true... why do you think I'm here for then?"

Haruno: "That reminds me, why do care so much about me? I know... your the granddaughter of the famous company here in Japan. Well, in this country though. Why waste time on me? I don't want you to get involved with me. If people find out about this... you will-"

"IT'S BECAUSE I'M INTERESTED IN YOU, DUMMY! I LIKE YOU, OKAY!?"

Oops. I snapped. Oh no. No. No. I ruined it. He looks so scared...

Haruno: "......"

"Ah, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shou-"

Haruno: "How? Why? Is this a prank? Because if it isn't... then.... I like you too. Not as my friend, more than that."

Huh? Huh? Tears started to stream in my eyes.

"Haru, do you like me?"

Haruno: "If I said yes, would you stop crying?"

He swipes the tears with his handkerchief.

Haruno: "Do you like me as well?"

"Yeah, you dummy. I always do. Since the first time I saw you."

Haruno: "You were mine too... at the introduction. You stand proud in front, knowing this world is cruel. You still carry that smile even though you are always get used by our classmate. And you are a kind hearted person that you even made such opportunities for me to talk to you, which I can't. I want to share my poems with you. As I want to know the novel that you are writing. When you said that time that you aim to become a novelist. It hit me. If this girl is aspiring to be one, I said to myself.... then I should continue becoming a poet. I always admire you."

I started to cry even more.

"Then, w-would...you... go... out w-with someone like me?"

Haruno: "I should be asking you that. Of course though! Because, I do like you. Not like those guys who just talk shit about you. I always hear some things about you. Simple minded, easy to manipulate... they wanted your power on your status... but..."

He brushed my hair and hugs me back.

Haruno: "No matter what, I always like your personality. I don't care about what you dress or what make up you put on. Girls are more prettier by natural. And, no matter what your flaws... you are perfect... just the way you are..."

I can feel him hugging me. I hugged him back so tightly. I... am so happy.... is it okay for me to be happy? Even though my secret... is that I have rainclouds? No, there are no rainclouds.. only a bright light. A sunshine.

Haruno: "You know why I call you Lia? I based it on the word "Dia" as in "light" then putted it with a letter on your name. You became my light, to those dark days on mine. I though, if I have to work hard just for you to notice me... I-I will have this chance..."

"But even if you didn't, you are always on my mind."

Haruno: "Pfft. This is so silly. You confess first before I did. Ahahahaha!"

"Hmph, and here I am, thinking that you'll reject me. Ahahahaha!"

We both laughed at we said. It feels so weird. And silly. But the happiness right now, it's overflowing. And I am sharing it to the person who saw right through me. The one who actually cares about me. And, he likes me too. Not by my looks but my personality.

Haruno: "Then, I would cherish you forever? Alright?"

"No... I WILL cherish you forever!"

Our stomachs starts to growl in hunger.

Haruno: "AHAHAHAHA!"

"AHAHAHAHA!"

Haruno: "Let's just eat for now. I feel so mixed up right now. But, yeah. I like you, Lia. Okay?"

"I like you too. Haru."

While we eat, it felt like time has stopped around us. As he shares his food to me, all I feel is happiness. This warm feeling, it is so.... nice. You are my hope, Haru. One day, I hope we could be more than this.

Haruno: "Here, say ahhhh...."

"Ahhhhh.... hmmmm.... shooo goooddd! Dod yoo rerry maad tis?"

Haruno: "Hey, easy right there. Have some water."

*gulp gulp gulp*

"Ahhh! That was so good! Did you really made this?"

Haruno: "Yeah, with my father though."

"Thank you so much."

Haruno: "Oh, while you were sleeping earlier, I took notes for you. And I forgot to say that the festival is almost here. So that's why classes are postpone for a week. Our class decided to make a horror theme haunted house. Do you plan on helping? They don't want me to go with them so, I was thinking if we could spend time more....together?"

"Ahh, about that, our classmated did said I shouldn't work too, they treat me like a princess but I did gave them funds.... so yeah. I don't have much to do."

Haruno: "I guess we are both outcast huh?"

"I wouldn't mind. You're here after all."

We clean up the messed from our lunch. I feel so flirty. Am I not bothering him? I saw him looking at the sky, getting sleepy. I have a crazy idea.

"Want to sleep on my lap?"

Haruno: "Ohhh, this is nothing. I stayed up late last night cooking. And it paid off. Wait, why are you pouting like that?"

"Haru, since you accepted my confession, we are automatically going out, alright? You can't say no to me? Okay? Be a good boy."

Haruno: "Is this what they call "power harrassment"? Well, if you say so. Okay."

"Yes!"

Haruno: "But please do tell me if your legs get tired, okay?"

I rest his head on my lap.

"I'll wake you up, okay? Just rest for now."

Haruno: "Thanks. You look so... cute..."

"I know, I know. Just close your eyes."

I keep his eyes shut with my hand. I thought I was dreaming but this is so real.

Haruno: "Your thighs... it feels so soft."

"I said just sleep! [>*<]"

I quietly brush his hair.

Haruno: "Let's go on dates next time. And take things slow. Okay?"

"Okay... Haru..."

Haruno: "Thank you, for accepting me. I'll make sure to make you happy. You, your smile, and your happiness... I will protect them all."

I sang a lullaby for him. He gently dozes off. I took a picture of us and made it his wallpaper. The only picture he had in his phone is me.

.....

I wish this moment last forever...

16