A Morning spent painting: 01
343 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lisa put a hand before her mouth and yawned. It had been a long and rather stressful day and now she had to deal with this too. With a tired sigh, she looked ahead at the familiar sight.

A white scenery seemingly endless stretched out before ber. However, different from before, ink-like droplets dripped from the white sky into the white ground. They left behind ripples wherever they landed as if the white ground Lisa stood on was just water.

This was the first time she saw a change like this within her inner soul. It should have something to do with the moment she tried magic for the first time. She'll have to ask her master for some more specific details, though.

Lisa didn't bother too much with it and turned around with a small smile to see herself staring impatiently at her. Or rather, to see her old body standing with crossed arms opposite her.

“Finally done yet?!” said the same voice she had been hearing her whole life with grievance. While gazing at those familiar blue eyes and light-brown hair, Lisa proceeded to walk up to her. The girl in her old body saw she had Lisa's attention and began to rant, “What took you so long! I waited and waited, and you just don't show up!?! Really anyone acquainted with that woman-”

Lisa grabbed on the girl's cheeks mercilessly, causing her to stop talking. She pulled, stretched and distorted her old face all the while smiling calmly.

“He-uwi-stah-…be,” deformed speech was all the girl could let out while Lisa attacked her face with her hands. “Wha…st..hop...hak”

Lisa didn't care for her protest and just continued her work. She tilted her head to the side and said with a small smile, “What did you think when you started all this, hmm? Just going around playing with souls, hmm?”

She still wrecked her old face while talking, causing the girl to become even more visibly annoyed. With an abrupt flailing of her arms, she got rid of Lisa's and took a quick step back.

She put her hands on her red cheeks and massaged them lightly. Of course, she didn't forget to stare at Lisa with a mix of anger and frustration. Lisa didn't move and intertwined her hands before herself. The white scenery with the black droplets falling onto the white ground behind her.

“Since you're so knowledge regarding souls then you should also know the risk they pose. Just experimenting around as you did, what would have been if you made a mistake and caused unrepairable damage to your world?” Lisa said after the two had stared at each other for a while. She gazed at her old body and felt the whole thing to be quite uncanny.

“Only because of that you assault me!” The girl cried out after she had softly rubbed her face a bit more. She crossed her arms and with a half red face pouted while she complained, “So what if I did?! Nothing happened, so who cares? Besides, if something would have happened, Era could just fix it, as she did with yours! And you're not one to lecture me about this!”

By the end of her small rant, the girl had put her hands on her hips and stood with a haughty expression on her face. Lisa stifled the eerie feeling at seeing her old body behave like this and peeked into her old now arrogant blue eyes.

“Besides, is it not better with what I have done? You were the only thing keeping your world from moving forward! So I have done you a service by removing you from it! Furthermore,” The girl smirked and opened her eyes as they begin to change as if someone was coloring them anew. Lisa's eyes opened wide as she saw the greyish pink filling her eyes. Pleased with her reaction, the girl said arrogantly, “Unlike you, I was seen worthy and chosen! Your own world thinks of-”

A sudden ringing sounding through the white scenery made the girl stop. Lisa recovered her calm with a sigh while the familiar alarm sound caused the girl to look left and right.

“You better wake up,” Lisa said with a small smile, causing the girl to look doubtful at her. “That is your alarm. In other words, it's time for you to go to school.”

“hmpf,” the girl snorted and crossed her arms again. “Why should I-”

Lisa flicked her finger at the girl's forehead causing her to stop in the middle of the sentence. “oww, what are you-” Lisa flicked her forehead again, this time making her gather small tears in her greyish pink eyes.

With a sigh, Lisa put a hand atop her head and gave it a rub. She said with a calm voice, “Wake up and go to school, okay?”

The two stared at each other with the girl slowly beginning to pout under Lisa's head pats. However, she averted her eyes from Lisa's calm ones that stared at her with a smile.

“Fine!” Eventually, she gave in and accepted, albeit visibly reluctant. The next moment, like a drawing being erased she began to disappear from her feet upwards. Before she completely vanished, she said to Lisa in a warmer tone than before, “See you~”

“Have fun,” Lisa returned while she watched the girl disappear.

A few seconds after the girl left, Lisa let out a deep sigh. She really hopes the weight of what she has been chosen for will plant some sort of responsibility in her. Although, she doubts that is going happen. Another sigh escaped her.

“What a problem child.”

---

The midday light of two suns, one big and one small, filtered through the glass onto a bed occupied by two sleeping girls and a white cat.

Lisa slowly opened her eyes to see brown hair before her. She looked at the adorable head nestled within her bosom for a few moments with glazed eyes. Eventually, she yawned quietly and took her hand off Felica that was on her waist. She rubbed her eyes with that hand to bring some life into them.

Once she could see a bit better, Lisa took a look at Felicia clinging at her. The girl had her head on her chest, that was barely covered by an open white shirt, and drooled a bit on it.

There was also the fact that Felicia's small head laid on her other arm, and probably had done so the entire night as she couldn't really feel that arm. It made her a bit worried about it.

Lisa smiled with a bit of wryness and stroked Felicia's silky hair. The girl made a few happy noises in her sleep while she smiled with the feeling of an air-head. Lisa couldn't help it and let her expression warm-up with a genuine smile.

With careful movements, Lisa slowly freed her arm from under Felicia's head. After making sure she didn't wake up, Lisa moved her arm around slowly. The prickly feeling from a limb waking up again made her eyes twitch. It really never feels pleasant. Looking at the peacefully sleeping Felicia, she had a feeling as if she had to get used to that.

After her arm felt relatively normal again, Lisa propped her head up with that arm and continued to stroke Felicia's head.

Felicia's small change in expression as she dreamed about whatever made the girl happy and the small trail of drool on her mouth along with the clutching hands on her shirt made Lisa feel as if she is never going to get bored of this.

She really wouldn't mind waking up every day with a numb arm, if she would see this as the first thing in her morning. It suddenly made her feel glad for ignoring the desire to get a quick bath and instead follow the urging of her silver ring. If she had ignored it, she would have missed the adorable girl.

Remembering the bath, Lisa let out a sigh. She had totally forgotten to take a bath. Although she felt a bit better after sleeping nicely, a bit soreness still annoyed her body. Furthermore, Felicia should also take a bath as she was quite mishandled yesterday.

Lisa smiled very warmly as she looked at the peaceful Felicia. Since they both had to take a bath, then they should just save water and have one together. It certainly would be fun to see the shy girl in that situation. Seeing all of her would certainly be fun.

She admired Felicia for a few more minutes and then slowly pried her small hands from her shirt. She would have liked to stay like this the whole day but her mouth felt really dry, making her carve for something to drink.

After freeing herself from Felicia's grasp, Lisa sat up with careful movements. She climbed out of the bed while trying to make sure the lovely girl doesn't wake up.

Yet, when her feet landed on the ground, mutterings came from Felicia's delicate mouth. Lisa turned and saw her eyes moving under her eyelids. Slowly, they opened and then began to blink.

With a warm smile, Lisa stroked Felicia's head and said with a relaxing voice, “Go back to sleep, Honey~”

Under Lisa's warm touch and soothing voice, Felicia closed her eyes soon again. Lisa stood beside the bed and stroked Felicia's head for a few more minutes until she was sure the girl was sleeping again.

After stretching her body a bit she walked to the door and out of the room. She had already decided to not put on any more clothes for now. It was warm enough, anyway, and only the two of them were here so it wouldn't really matter. Lisa looked down at the cat following her and corrected herself. Felicia, her and the white cat were the only ones here.

Lisa chuckled lightly and walled down the wide corridor filled with tables, sofas and bookshelves. While humming a relaxing tune she walked past the bathroom door and stopped next to the door a bit further down.

With a creak, the ornate wooden door opened and the well-furnished kitchen came into her view. The relaxing tune still on her lips, Lisa walked towards the tall white metal block standing in a corner.

Opening the refrigerator, all kinds of food cake into her view, many of which she had never seen. She took the milk standing within and closed the door again. The cold air of the refrigerator and her lack of clothing aside from a shirt and panties didn't go well together.

The cat still followed her as she went up to the counter and placed the milk ontop. After searching for a while, she found a pot to pour some milk into. Once done she put the milk-filled pot into ontop of the stove.

A quick turning of a wheel and the cooktop directly heated up to her desired temperature. It really made her glad that she didn't have to wait anymore for it to heat up.

Some minutes later and Lisa walked out of the kitchen with a steaming cup of milk in hand. With leisure steps, she walked towards the direction of her new bedroom. After looking into it and seeing Felicia still sleeping soundly, she smiled and walked towards the terrace bot far from the room.

Opened the door to it, the refreshing breeze made her shiver for a moment. She took a quick glance around and sat at the same spot as yesterday. The white cat following her jumped on her lap as soon as she sat down.

Lisa didn't and took a sip of her warm milk. She couldn't help but sigh after the milk flowed down her dry throat. She drank a few more times from it before leaning back, and while stroking the cat she enjoyed the scenery of the white-red city.

All things considered, while her previous day had been filled with all sorts of incidents, she didn't feel too bad about it. Especially with the addition of Felicia to her new home. The thought of the honey eyed girl made her smile grow a bit. She really took a weird liking to her as even the thought of her made her happier.

The thought of the coming days with Felicia and the scenery of a wide and tall city with a glittering lake before her relaxed her to no ends. She sipped at the warm milk and felt the soft fur of the cat beneath her fingers.

Not even the blonde-haired, dressed in black Era that had sat down opposite of her could ruin the peace she felt at the moment.

She continued to drink from the warm milk and didn't say a word. Era, in the meanwhile, rested her otherworldly face on the palm of her hands and stared at Lisa with a smirk.

“Happy are we?” the melodious voice of Era asked. Lisa didn't answer and just relaxed while enjoying the breeze coming through. Era didn't mind and chuckled. “Such a busy day you had yesterday. Even bringing home a cute girl at the end of it. Your sister would be proud of your conquest.”

Lisa's lip twitched at the comment. She had to sigh as she could totally see her sister becoming obsessed with Felicia. Her own love for cute things came for her sister, after all, and her sister was far above her in terms of being smitten with cute stuff. Way, way above her.

A pleasing laugh came from Era as she saw the exasperation on Lisa's face. She laughed for quite some time before she stopped. When she was finally done, Era settled her elbows on the white metallic table and held her head up with both hands. She stared at Lisa and waited for her to ask.

 

A slow ninth!
insert insightful comment about smaller and slower chapter here
Have a nice day whoever reads this. May you all be blessed~

16