Chapter 8
349 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He didn't know how he missed her height before. She was over nine feet tall, and, and, she was still growing! He was a rodent before a snake, a rabbit before a wolf, a naughty child in front of a parent. In other words, he was in trouble and was too terrified to escape. The closer she got to him the larger she became, though this was all relative to his young boy brain. His eyes were wide, his heart was beating quickly, his breath game in short gasps, and the skin covering his face was surely pale. She was reaching out for him, and then, darkness.

"Mmm?" It was dark, but also warm... and soft. His arms were stretched out from his body and his fingers were all crooked and flexed so tightly they were shaking.

"Mmm?" The first Mmm had sounded... odd. Almost like it was muffled. Wait, so did this one.

He suddenly felt a pain in his chest and he realized he couldn't breath. Oh, but it was so warm and soft in the darkness, at least on his face. There was also a sweet smell teasing his nostrils as he tried to inhale. He started to struggle out of fear of passing out though it didn't seem to do him any good. Whatever the darkness was it had a very firm grip on him.

Meanwhile, outside of the darkness, anyone who may have been passing by had just witnessed a scene that would have invoked terror and envy. Yes, they would have seen a young boy's face swallowed up by a pair of large, soft, breasts as the young lady from the adventurer's guild tackled him in an embrace and began to squeal in excitement.

"Oh my you are so adorable!" She was cradling the back of his head while rubbing her cheek against his hair on the top.

"You looked so scared! Don't worry I'll protect you!" She didn't seem to care how the scene she was creating could be viewed, nor did she acknowledge the growing number of concerned glances toward the boy who was now beginning to flail.

Someone had finally been about to say something as she continued to hold the boy tightly, his hands now gripping weakly at her arms and shoulders. Though it was too late. She had been too engrossed in her memories of his wide-eyed look of fear and didn't realize he had gone limp in her embrace. Yep, before anyone could say anything to help the boy passed out.

It was actually him passing out that saved his life since the sudden weight his limp body produced, with the help of gravity of course, caused him to slip down her body and to the ground at her feet. Her grip had been strong enough to keep him in her bosom face lock but she didn't have enough muscles to keep him standing without any help. If he had been able to turn his head and look up the situation would have been vastly different. However, currently he was face down on the ground, along with his chest and knees, promptly putting his butt up in the air.

The sudden absence of firmness against the woman's chest caused her to pause and blink a few times before she squeezed her fingers together twice in an attempt to physically confirm the space within her arms was now a void. Looking down she gasped at seeing the boy on the ground and then... quickly looked around menacingly to see who could have done such a thing! Had it been physically possible for those watching to suddenly fall over in shock at her inability to realize she herself was the culprit they would have.

Finally giving up on finding who hurt the preciously cute boy, or perhaps finally realizing she did herself, she looked down again and then crouched, lady-like with her knees and legs together of course, and lightly poked his cheek. Yep, he was out. Letting out a little sigh she shrugged and straightened before reaching down with a single hand to grab ahold of the back of his shirt.

Had all those people actually been able physically fall over before they would just now be about done brushing themselves off and adjusting their clothes. However, they would have soon found themselves back on the ground as they witnessed the young lady effortlessly lifted the young boy up off the ground, by the back of his shirt, and then easily drape him across her shoulder. If this world had firemen they would understand the irony. Alas, they didn't, but the shock was still rather clear.

Lightly patting the young boy's rump she casually made her way back to the entrance of the guild, waving to an onlooker that she recognized here, or a friendly looking face there. A few people near the other end of the circle even began whispering about whether or not they should get the guards and that it looked like she was kidnapping the boy.

"Hmm?" The young lady suddenly stopped and turned toward the whispering group. Had she heard them? She offered them a very, very, very sweet smile.

They promptly shut up and gave little waves.

Returning their waves with one of her own she turned and made her way inside. Unlike those outside, those inside weren't concerned about seeing this young lady walking in with some random person slung over her shoulder. Well, to be more accurate, they weren't concerned about the young lady having a young boy slung over her shoulder.

"Cover for me for a bit will you?" She asked the other receptionist behind the counter while walking down a hall on the right.

"Of course..." There was a pause... "Don't hurt him!"

The other receptionist called after the young girl and let out a worried sigh as the only response that returned to her delicate, slightly pointed ears, was the closing... and locking, of a door.

13