Chapter 3: “I’m Hurt”, Showing the past.
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was 2 pm. Leyana goes out of her bedroom and take a shower, after she cleaned herself and change her clothes she walk downstairs and head to the kitchen and eat some food.

Leyana: Mom?

Mother: Yes?

Leyana: I'll go the library later.

Mother: It's okay just be careful.

Leyana: Okay.

...

After Leyana ate, she wear her casual and head outside, while she was walking she looked at her cellphone, she head to the library but she feels uncomfortable, she head to a mall to relax for a bit and head back to the library, she pulled the same history book as yesterday.

She sit to a chair and read.

Leyana: So where was I?

Before she was able to flip the next page a sudden shake occurs, she went outside along with the book, the people whose inside the library was walking outside the library, she went outside and found a huge smoke. She gets close and see it was a burning building, she saw Mark was running in the building.

Leyana: What's happening?!

She asked one of the strangers nearby.

Woman: Some people are still inside the house.

She looked at the window seeing someone was waving from the outside shouting for help, she suddenly feel pain from her chest like she was being stabbed, with the pain from her chest she remembered something, something from the history book was saying from her ancestors. 

"When Layne was seeing was suffering of her allies or friends she feels great pain and sadness the same as what she feels when an innocent died."

Leyana: It can't be...

When she remembered that part of the book she charge forward the burning building.

Guy: Hey miss you shouldn't go there it's dangerous.

Leyana: Someone is dying!

She saw that the entrance was covered by the fire, she bust her way by charging towards the window and break the class, she look around, she coughs because of the smoke, she tried to listen to the sound to trace where the person is, but she remembered that there was a person on top of the floor, she saw Mark was caring three people much bigger than him.

Mark: What are you doing here!

Leyana: There is a person on top of the building!

Mark: My hands are full, I can’t carry more, and you come with me and wait for the fireman.

Leyana: I will never leave someone, I don’t anyone to die or even get hurt!

She run upstairs with the burning staircase, she feel the heat from her feet but she just ignore and bear it, she bust the doors one by one but she couldn’t find the trapped person.

Leyana: Where are you!

Person: Here!

She heard the shout of the person, she run towards where the noise is coming from and bust the door, she saw a guy waving her hand, she carried the man but it was too heavy, she left him and walk upstairs and reach the rooftop.

Guy: We’re trapped, we can’t go down.

Leyana: Relax we can’t be trapped in here.

Guy: Wait you look familiar…

Leyana keeps her head down as she tried to reach the rooftop door, she carry the guy till she reach the near edge of the rooftop. She put down the guy and look at the edge where the road is, she saw ambulance was there and the dryads are using the hanging vines to make a way down the building while the firemen are trying to put out the fire.

Leyana: Hang on!

She feel the building was shaking and starts to crumble, she pulled the guy and throw him to the slide made from vines, the building was falling and Leyana luckily reached the slide.

Mark go to the slide and see if Leyana was there, he saw that the guy was pushing away Leyana.

Guy: Get away from me monster! You were planning something that’s why you pulled me!

Leyana: No I go to you because you’re in danger.

Guy: Liar! You might even be the culprit of why the building was burned!

With all blame at him and the other was looking the same at her, she felt sad and couldn’t say a word, she run away from the incident, the others know that she wasn’t the culprit but they just can’t say it because they might see it like they were helping her.

She couldn’t hold the sadness and started crying, the people fees heavy and dizzy when she was near while crying.

She couldn’t stop her crying and hide behind a giant tree where dryads and kids are playing, she hide where no kids are near her, she hide her face by wearing a cap, and wear a facemask, she wipe her tears as she tries to calm down.

Leyana: I was just trying to help, why do they look at me like an evil person, what really are the secrets that my parents hide from me? If I only know what’s the reason then I might change my current state, if I can only do White Magic then I will able to use Time Magic, why did I end up in this state, I just want to have a normal life but it looks like my ancestors really did something bad, if I was in Layne’s state I could’ve change the state of everything, even if  wasn’t born from the new one, at least the new one doesn’t suffer the same hatred from what I feel now.

As she cries, the grass began to glow bright from where she is sitting, the vines from the trees near her goes down reaching her shoulders.

???: Let me fulfill your question and satisfy your eyes, I’ll show you the reason and the position of your ancestors, for you to know the real reason of why you are being hated for,

The vines covered Leyana’s eyes, the vines wrapped from her head began to glow and Leyana felt sleepy causing her to lay down the grass and closed her eyes. She woke up in a strange place filled with trees and glowing dust, she look beneath her feet and saw something strange, her feet was glowing.

Leyana: Where am I?

A strange voice of a woman speaks to her.

???: This is the place of the Hidden Tree of Guardians two thousand eight hundred and sixty-four years ago, after the war is over, Layne was taking care of this hidden tree every year to keep if safe.

Leyana: Who are you?

???: You don’t have to know, I am the great tree that shows you this, I am the tree that raised by Layne herself.

Layne: Then if you’re only a tree then how can you talk?

???: You can say I’m a tree folk but I was never gifted to move, but I am linked to the other trees near me that are linked with the others making us strong filled with magic flow mixed with both Light and Dark energy. I can’t speak that ears can hear, but we are able to communicate by energy.

Layne: But does she named you?

???: I wasn’t named due to we are many but you can name me if you want.

Layne: Okay, how about Ruth?

Ruth: So be it.

Layne: But are we in the actual place?

Ruth: We aren’t, I’m just illustrating the lace from your memory, I can manipulate minds with the vines growing on me but I never want to use it to evil, I was built to guards and protect who’s near me. For now, I’ll show you the story of one of your ancestor.

1