Chapter 6: Not their Jamie
36 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jamie listened to the pitter-patter of the rain that occasionally whipped the window.

 

In one day, the weather had changed from a bright sunny morning to a dark cloudy afternoon. A few minutes later rain began to fall hard.

 

Just as hard as his life.

 

The memories came to him in short bursts when he was still confined in the hospital. They were brief and were jumbled causing him a lot of headaches. He could only take a glimpse before the images fade again. It was a continuous cycle of chasing after those images but finding himself lost.

 

It left him confused and disoriented.

 

Unbeknownst to him, he would often stare empty into space and would not respond when someone was speaking to him. He was totally in his own world.

 

It worried Elisa so much that she had asked Dr. Seville to refer them to a psychologist as soon as possible.

 

But Jared cautioned that they should proceed when Jamie was ready to talk. It wouldn't be good to reopen fresh wounds that they could not detect. He did not want his nephew to withdraw from them any further.

 

Eventually they decided to start the therapy a few days after Jamie was settled comfortably at home.

 

Light flooded the room the following morning. It was a bit cloudy but it was no longer raining.

Jamie opened his eyes to a new surroundings.

 

He was lying on a comfortable mattress covered with white bed sheets. A thick white and blue striped comforter provided him warmth for the chilly morning.

 

He stared up and saw a night lamp above him. It was screwed to the headboard. His eyes trailed at the round lamp attached to the high white ceiling before closing his eyes.

 

When he opened them again his gaze looked around the room.

 

There was a chair with a study table that was pushed toward the wall. There were shelves on both sides of the table that contained books, pictures, and awards. To his left were the windows that had the blinds lifted up. A couch was placed beside the window and a coffee table was placed beside it.

 

This was wrong. All wrong.

 

This was not his room.

 

He was staying in a boarding house. He was sharing a bed and a room with a friend. They were - this wasn't -

 

Jamie pressed his hands on his temples trying to stifle the pain in his head but to no avail.

 

It took about ten minutes when the pain subsided into a dull ache. His eyes felt droopy. He felt the claws of sleep trying to grab him.

 

Despite the head aches, confusing images that were meaningless and feelings popping up sporadically he was sure with one thing. His name was Jamie but he was not their Jamie.

 

The rumbling thunder filled the bed room. The sky was heavy with thick clouds that seemed ready to release a heavy rain. The thunder rumbled again. It was a bit louder this time. Rain started to fall again but harder this time.

6