8. New life
2.1k 1 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Good morning Hiroshi!!"

"Good morning professor!"

It was yet another morning in the professor's lab. It has been around six months since i came to this Earth and I was surprised to see the current state of this world.

A few years ago this Earth suffered an invasion from people of another universe. This invasion was named as The First Another Universe Conflict. Suddenly, out of nowhere Entrances(Collision Surface) towards the alternate universe started appearing. And then, magic weapons that were a fusion of magic and science appeared from those Entrances. Nobody understood which side was the one that started it. But, it was an unmistakable fact that it turned into battle situation. And then the fires of war spread in the blink of an eye.

The Entrances towards the alternate universe were opened only for two weeks, but hundred of cities and fifty million people lost their lives. Mankind was completely powerless against the army of the AU(another universe).

After the first contact with the another universe ended, governments started preparing contingency plans against AU forces.

Huge amounts of money and resources were pooled in R&D of weapons and defensive equipments and anti-AU technology.

One such research facility was owned by Professor Hida Nayuta!

After I was transported to this earth, I woke up in her lab where I was told that she had implanted the first of Ros series Heart Hybrid gear into my body. I was greatly annoyed that someone performed surgery on my perfectly healthy body without my permission but professor Nayuta told me that she did it so that i can live at peace in her facility.

"Your identity was questionable as nothing was found about you in any of the databases that i looked into. And on top of that you were found near one of the Entrances so had I not taken you with me, you would have been dissected into multiple parts and sent to various countries for research. With me, at least you are in one piece."

And then she vaguely told me that what's done is done and if she were to take the core out of my body, I would surely die.

After a few days, she also made me undergo a lie detection test to check where i was from.

But unknown to her, I really was from earth originally so when they asked me about my hometown and such, i unhesitatingly answered them.

Technically I did not lie and thus the truth was never found.

After the test, people started opening up to me and even professor Nayuta had to give me some Human rights albeit unwillingly.

"Hiroshi, these are today's test. Do these and you are free to do whatever you like."

Each day, I had to complete several tests and various set of exercises for professor to take some readings and make adjustments to my core.

"Professor, can we somehow change the name of the heart hybrid gear? Calling its name out loud is embarassing."

"No, we can't. Now stop making excuses and equip you heart hybrid gear. You are the only human who has a core installed in his body and you are making fuss over small things."

From what i have read about professor Nayuta, she was someone who did not have emotions at all but here we are listening to her grumbling.

"EROS!!" I shouted loudly and my body was immediately wrapped in pink light.

The pulsation of my heart released particles of light, those particles united and created magic armor that wrapped my body. It was a black armor with some streaks of pink light running around the edges probably pulsating in tandem with my heart.

It was the heart hybrid gear Eros.

the gear with embarassing name and embarassing output. It only makes me a little more than a punching bag for AU forces by giving me an ability of a creating a weak barrier around myself.

Professor says she is still studying it but i knew better that eros gear cannot do anything on its own.

After completing all the exercises, i started talking with professor.

"By the way professor, why are you doing this?"

Over the time, i have gotten extremely casual with professor much to her dissatisfaction. but she could only reply as she knew i was not going to give up.

"To help humanity fight the AU forces."

she nonchalantly replied.

"Professor, its not nice to lie you know."

"...hm. how perceptive? Are you really only a child?"

"In flesh and bones professor but mentally, i am probably over twenty." I cheekily replied back.

"hmph...The only once i have been wrong about someone or something was when i thought that you belonged to AU. so when you say that you are probably over twenty mentally i am not going to refute the possibility.

And it is as you say....i am doing this out of curiosity and for my aim to surpass humanity."

"So the reason you have been angry with me all along was because you predicted something and you were wrong.? what are you? two?"

".."

Professor did not reply and i started training my body. Training in ninjutsu and genjutsu will bring me troubles so i stuck with training taijutsu in the mornings and reading books while finely controlling chakra at night when no one would look at me. I was kept under surveillance at all times but they couldn't see whats going on inside my body.

Hence over the period of six months, i was able to upgrade my Sharingan ability to two tomoe levels. Unluckily, I was not able to carry over Byakugan to train here but there is nothing that could be done.

Even though it is embarrassing to call out its name, eros heart hybrid gear did give me a small boost to my endurance, strength and speed.

As I spent more time in Ataraxia, i came to see this as my second home and thinking about what future has in store for me, i couldn't help but leak out a disgusting laugh.

**********************************************

Hello guys!! My patreon is out.

Please support me and become my patron.

Link: www.patreon.com/lordozone

And here is the link to our discord server...

Discord server: https://discord.gg/UsQ3MH7

Any form of help such as becoming my patron or giving us great reviews is much appreciated...love you all.

32