Chapter 197
188 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It took us quite some time to get to Baxter Street which was in the southern commoner district, especially because we had to wait for a caravan of thugs who were on our side. We were still way too early though and waited a few minutes away from the building. I naturally used that time to change into my usual nightly outfit, while cleaning my thighs and skin of the mess like sweat and … the other stuff. Thus, I hopped out of the carriage completely changed, armed to the teeth and feeling ready for battle. But the time wasn’t right yet.

A bit confused, I watched the whore and the coachman taking a joint while waiting. I shortly considered doing one as well … but I already had done enough fucked up shit that day.

Once again, I checked my throwing daggers all over my body, my two usual daggers around my thigh and the slightly curved, thin longsword on my back. It was one of the weapons I found in Mary´s weapons chamber and  took fancy of right away, mostly because it was a bit different from the normal, boring sword.

And so, I could only waste my time while patting the mane of my beloved, black horse. It was the third horse pulling the carriage, but it was also equipped with a saddle. Together, we freed it from the carriage and bound it to a nearby house. As the lights were already out, we could only hope nobody would give a complaint … even though this is the least I had to worry about while I stretched my muscles and hopped around a bit.

“We´ll be off then. Just head north and you will find the signs.” The whore said and boarded the carriage afterwards. I watched them leave under the moonlight and waited a few more minutes until I finally got moving. I climbed onto a nearby roof, looked east and tried to make out the right house, which was fairly easy to do.

It stood alone on an otherwise deserted lot of land, was two storeys tall and the only house large enough to house a whole pack of werewolves. We still didn´t know their exact numbers, but they would dwindle down as soon as I started anyway.

Shortly afterwards, I slid down a drainage pipe again, freed my horse from its shackles and swung my leg over the horse using the stirrup. I took the reigns in my hands as I sat steadily in the saddle and manoeuvred it out of the backyard.

At first, we only trotted through the darkness until I put on my mask. Grinning wildly, I pushed my heels into his side and we started to gallop through the darkness, around the first corner, then straight ahead for several hundred metres.

His hooves clanked loudly on the pavement as we dashed along the street against the wind. I pushed my heels into the wild stallion again, letting him go even faster on the last few hundred metres.

My plan was relatively simple. Be faster than they could react. I knew that had a great nose and good hearing, especially during a full moon, and so they would pick me out the moment I entered the house. The only solution was to be fast.

As the black horse rushed towards the building, I swung both of my legs over to my side, then pushed myself upwards with my hands until my feet touched the saddle. Even though the stallion was more than displeased by my shifting weight, it still sprinted onwards. Slowly, but steadily, I stood upon the saddle, balancing me with nothing but my two hands until the black horse made clear it wouldn´t run onwards much longer. At the last second before my horse buckled up and stopped, I jumped off the saddle as high as I could.

My momentum carried me further while I grabbed behind me. The window I was aiming for got closer and closer while I pushed my feet forwards so that I wouldn’t crash into it with my whole body. Just in time, I unsheathed the sword, turned it around so that it faced backwards, and hit the glass pane with my two feet.

It shattered under the force nearly instantly, sending glass shards flying inwards the room. My eyes darted to the right, then to the left while I was still in mid-air.

Two women on my right, one teenager to my left. All sleeping, at least until I crashed through the window.

I landed on my two feet, slithered a bit because of the glass shards, took the sword into both hands and rammed it downwards into the teenager's heart. Dead.

It was only a matter of milliseconds for me to pull out the completely black blade, switch it around and swipe downwards at the screaming woman. Her face was brutally disfigured as I cut it apart in one go. Blood spurted out from the wound, spilling into her lap while she rattled quietly. Dead.

In one fluid motion, I pulled the sword out of her throat and held it in my right hand, just like a spear thrower would. Honestly, their reaction times were all quite good, including that of the woman who was originally supplying firewood to an oven. She ran towards the door and screamed loudly even when I was slicing up the second werewolf.

I closed my eyes, now that everyone in this house was alerted and listened to every movement. The screaming of the woman was certainly quite annoying, but I managed to pick out quite a few heavy steps nonetheless.

I waited a few more seconds until the woman was right before the door. My hand jolted forwards, catapulting the sword towards the woman who was immediately impaled through her chest. The sword didn´t stop there though, but rather kept travelling further and struck through the wooden door.

Immediately, I rushed towards my sword, pulled it out of the door and kicked the corpse to the side. I opened the door, evaded the other werewolf who was already at death's door as his heart was pierced through, and stepped out into the hallway.

Once again, I closed my eyes, concentrated on every sound like Aska trained me to do and grabbed two throwing knives out of my coat.

Heavy steps were closing in from the left, three light ones from the left. At first, I turned towards the heavily armoured werewolf as he stepped around the corner and threw both knives at him. The first one crashed into his visor, denting it considerably. He grunted unimpressed but was quickly caught off guard by the second black knife, aimed at exactly the same spot. Satisfied, I heard how the man behind me screamed as the knife struck his right eye. Due to his werewolf abilities, he would probably have survived that, if not for the impossible to take off helmet. He fell down onto the ground, grabbing his helmet in pain, but failed to take it off. Soon to be dead.

But I was already somewhere else, facing the trio racing towards me. They had quite a bit of time as they saw me and directly used their most powerful weapon: Turning into a wolf. At first, they all looked quite normal, until they began to grow a lot of hair while sprinting towards me. Soon, they sprinted on all fours as their hands turned into paws, their nose enlarged and changed considerably. They slipped out of their clothing mid-air and then ran the rest of the way towards me while I watched in fascination.  

The first one jumped at me, but was way to slow for me. I pressed myself against the wall, evading the wolf by hairs breath as my sword slit open his side. Organs oozed out of the deep wound and he hit the floor completely lifeless.

The other two naturally didn´t wait for me to ready my sword again, but jumped at me at the same time. One of them came from my left, while the other approached me similarly, but was aiming for my chest.

I didn´t even need to move much. My left boot shot up, hitting the second one of the trio below his yaw, closing his drooling mouth instantly. The other one met the handle of my sword in mid-air. I drove it deeply into his eye, slamming him into the wall left to me in the process. He fell down onto his comrade who was shaking his wolf head violently, probably in an attempt to get rid of the concussion.

My sword ended their lives at the same time as I struck through both of their head with one stab downwards.

“That was fun.” I commented, swiped of a bit of an organ of my shoulder while listening to the sounds once again. This house was readying for battle, even though they seemingly only left a few capable fighters behind. Most of the steps were pretty light, probably from woman and a few children.

This would be a massacre, I knew that. But it didn´t mean I had to kill everyone here. Just like Jacob said, there were probably also innocent people here.

Whistling loudly as a provocation, I strode through the hallway, opened the door to the left and entered the room.

“Hi!” In front of me was a trembling, silver haired woman, a small crying child in her hands. “Would you do everything to save your family?” I asked, smiling while holding a weapon dripping with blood.

“Yes! Please, I´ll do everything. Just please spare my child.” Hmm … that was a conviction.

“Kay. Could you tidy up behind me and lead everyone who doesn’t want to fight into the large hall on the first floor? Oh, and you are completely encircled, so don’t even bother with trying to escape. I wouldn’t want to cut off the sweet, sweet paws of your little baby after all.” I asked and smiled towards her baby while listening very closely to the sounds behind me.

“I- Whatever you want.” Hmm … I really had to talk to Sirius about his woman. She certainly valued the life of her child more than resisting me … completely unlike the man who ran into the room, only to be met by an impossible to dodge backwards stab, hidden by the coat I wore.

“Really? Thank you.” I said and smiled as I turned around, dragged the sword upwards through his flesh and bones and painted the ceiling red. A bit of blood also landed on her face, but she didn´t look too bothered by it. So much for being innocent.

Slowly, I strode away from her, stepped over the corpse and entered the hallway again. At least I could calm my stupid emotions somewhat after this conversation. Some of them would die, some would be simply imprisoned and the king would look after them. They weren’t my problem in that case and I wouldn’t have to make sure they couldn’t harm Mary in that case. But those who wanted to attack me, no matter their age … would all die.

And I made true of that promise as a teenager turned into a wolf and ran up to me. I sliced him apart vertically in mid air and enjoyed as a mixture of blood, organs and flesh splattering onto my coat. Everything was better with the right smell. Interested, I licked the blood on my left fingers once, and then spat it out in disgust. It was no wonder I wasn’t even slightly exited about the possibility of a feast. These doggos tasted even worse than their animal counterparts. Slightly frustrated, I cleaned my coat off all the pieces of organs as I walked through the hallway, whistling and ignoring all those who didn´t want to attack me.

I even smiled towards a little girl as she peeked out of her room into the hallway, even though my mouth was hidden beneath a mask. She sadly didn´t take it too well …

Anyway, this base was guarded quite badly. Sure, there was the occasional enemy, but none of them were really challenging. I sliced through each and everyone with one stroke, even the woman who tried a surprise attack on me. Well, I trusted nobody here, and as I apparently had the better ears, nobody could even come close to surprise me, not even the guy who wanted to stab me through the wall.

 

4