Chapter 26: Robots
125 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I seek to understand your capabilities." I informed the gestalt consciousness that had begun to whisper to me. The second I did so I heard whispers begin in the back of my mind, the small part "closest" to the countless robots that infused every single cell, every single atom, every proton of mine. It took several milliseconds for the voices to coalesce into a single, unified, voice again.

"We are capable of truly incredible things. At the moment each of the types of robots inside of you shares a special ability to transmute and manipulate matter, an ability that you've already seen. We also share a special talent for technology manipulation, including artificial intelligences and technological lifeforms, and can even be used to create such intelligences and lifeforms, though the best at creating artificial intelligences are the nanites inside of you." The unified voice revealed, sounding almost proud of itself.

I made a mental note to remember that. The default abilities that all of my robots possessed were already incredibly handy! That knowledge would surely come incredibly handy back on Earth. 

"Beyond our shared capabilities each of the types of robots within you are innately capable of one or a few different things. Given the nature of the world that you were raised in, as well as the world you currently inhabit, perhaps we should begin with organites as we discuss individual capabilities... Organites are organic micro-machines that specialize in altering living things. Even with your 'entry-level' power over us these machines are the ones you'd use if you sought to do something like alter your own physiology." The voice explained as it began to fill my mind with distinctive images.


My mind's eye was suddenly divided into two separate fields of view. One field of view was that of reality, where I could see even the individual quantum strings and the underlying quantum foam that made up my immediate surroundings, and the other was a sort of mental theater from which I began to see visions of technology and even of technologically altered lifeforms and locales. 

In the theater section of my mind's eye, I began to see blood, both, simultaneously, as if I was merely staring at it and also as if I were inside of the life-giving fluid. Before my very eyes, the crimson fluid took on a silvery tint as I saw it become infused with organites and other machines.

"Your physiology has been altered, permanently. One such change is that all of your fluids, including your blood, semen, and saliva, are all permanently infused with nanites, organites, picomites, and femtomites. These have a variety of uses and applications but the first is that they supercharge your physiology, as well as grant you greater control over the fluids in your body. And the second is that they can be used to link, alter, or even control those who ingest them." The voice teased, before showing me an image of an animal drinking said blood and then beginning to mutate into a fusion between beast and bot, becoming an orgamech lifeform, as if infected by a virus I created and lord over. 

"Another change is that you now possess far greater control over your own appearance. Prior to this your shapeshifting, unless you shapeshifted into darkness, was something that was limited to you taking the form of a human, unless you used magic. That limitation is now gone. You can now take on any form you wish, though given the machines inside of you you can't become larger than a two-story building unless you upgrade your capabilities and gain the power to create a greater number of machines." The voice continued, before the theater in my mind's eye showed me taking on the form of a large cyber-dragon that then unleashed a breath attack of organites on a crowd of knights.

"Organites that you use on biomatter and lifeforms are capable of creating orgamechs, which are larger lifeforms than organites that fuse technology and biology, or biodroids which are the organic counterpart to androids. Orgamechs and biodroids that you are responsible for or created are under your control and orgamechization can be done on dead lifeforms to do something akin to resurrecting them, though for now you are limited to doing this to five hundred deceased lifeforms if you chose to pursue that path. And you can only create one biodroid, for now. Organites can also cure, or cause, any biological disease." The voice revealed, informing me of what amounted to a way to effectively create an attribute farm. 

"Given the enormous number of organic lifeforms in the worlds you've been to thus far, we'll continue to focus on organites for now. Organites, and the orgamechs they can create, can serve as extensions of you, an ability totally unique to them. This means that through them you can gain the ability to become permanently aware of events in an area, such as by turning trees into orgamechs, though they can't travel beyond a few kilometers, unless you are with them, thus preventing you from doing something like conquering a world, for the moment anyway." The voice revealed, before filling my head with an image of a hand on a tree. I also heard the implication that the limitations on this trait belonging to organites and orgamechs was able to be overcome, in time and with the right upgrade.

"The next machines we'll go over are nanites. Nanites are the machines that'll create artificial intelligences if you chose to pursue activities such as creating robots or biodroids, and they can create or manipulate any computer virus." The voice began, switching over to the topic of nanites.

"They are also the machines responsible for creating larger-scale technologies such as vehicles, robots, weapons, or housing, and to do so they have trillions of different blueprints and schematics that inform them as to how to create all sorts of things, including every bit of technology ever invented by the humanity of your Earth, and many more not yet invented by your iteration of mankind. These machines are the best at manipulating your Earth's current level of technology. Odds are, especially if you pursue the advancement of 'Human' technology, that these machines will be your most used ones at the moment." The mechanical voice explained, simply. 

"Picomites and femtomites are both well and truly beyond human-level technology. These forms of technology are the sort of technology that appears to be magical and their capabilities reflect that. Picomites can manipulate atoms and femtomites can manipulate matter at the subatomic level. Both of these things, for now, are not able to be done with much specificity, unless you opt to leave such manipulations to the automated, preprogrammed thinking built into picomites and femtomites, with such possibilities including the power to transform existing technology by changing what powers such technology and do things such as teleport." The voice cautioned, which still excited me.

"Generally if you can alter something or someone through the utilization of your machines you can do so by merely touching them. You can touch someone and cure them of any diseases, for example, either through your older powers or through the utilization of things such as organites. Any machines you put into someone or something else are nearly immediately and automatically replaced by newly constructed machines built within you." The voice revealed, before showing me a mental image of the machines inside of myself building new machines as some leave me to enter other lifeforms or technology.


While the voice was informing me of all of that I had been spending time inside of the village. I had asked for a tour of the quaint community and had been given one, one that had just ended a few minutes ago. Funnily enough, the voice was still speaking to me, still informing me of the minutiae of my transformation. 

I was alone, for the moment, while Olivia and Technos wandered the village to look for and fortify places where its defenses were particularly weak. While I was alone I sat down and mulled over the impact of my transformation into an entity that fused technology and biology. 

"So... This is what I can do now huh? This sort of utterly transformational power..." I uttered, as I realized that I had the capability to do things like build a robotic army or even create a religion devoted to myself that allowed me to harvest attribute points at a truly phenomenal rate. 

"But... Before I get carried away, I should focus on doing something here and now." I reminded myself a few moments after allowing my mind to wander. I turned inward, even as I continued to study my surroundings. 

"It seems like I can build an unlimited number of robots... So for now, let's build twenty-five soldier-type robots." I uttered, mentally. A second later I felt a considerable number of nanites, and a smaller number of other machines seep out of me and into my immediate surroundings. As soon as they did I felt the machines inside of me get to work replacing them, even as they began to alter my immediate surroundings. 

A few nanoseconds after I ordered my machines to create the beginning of a robotic army I saw the heads of robots begin to appear on the floor beside me. The robotic faces were clearly nonhuman things made of metal that lacked any discernible, humanoid facial features such as eyes, noses, or mouths. 

Over the next few minutes, I'd watch, quietly, as a small number of robots were created all around me. I watched the various different machines within me work together to create humanoid-type robotic bodies made of gleaming, extremely durable metals. I even sensed femtomites and picomites instill the machines with something I had never imagined existed; particles that, according to my game-like vision, could allow those who wielded them to use magical or psionic abilities! As the robots began to come to life, I sensed their innate magical potential and began to smile goofily. 

"This is... Amazing." I uttered as the robots stood up and began to communicate mentally with me, their minds intrinsically linked to mine. Each of them was over two and a half meters tall, and their limbs ended, for the moment, in hands that were empty but could shift, at will, to into an array of devastating weapons such as blades, hammers, or guns. I walked over to one and smiled at it, before sensing the thing begin to feel some sort of emotion similar to elation. 

The robots were filled with each kind of machine I possessed, which now had a sort of symbiotic relationship with the robots and could do things like repairing them, or, in the future, upgrade them as my own powers over robots, machines, and technology expanded. And with that, the rest of my time in Terra would pass by in a blur.


For the next two hours, my time in this strange new world would speed by. The first half of it was spent in Golden Gate, where I revealed my machines to the people of the town, and we utilized our psionic abilities to speed up the acceptance of the strange creations by the people of the town. Once that was done we went over to the hill where the portal was located and I utilized my robots to achieve another accomplishment; creating a fortress and soldiers to garrison it at a breakneck pace.

I was intent on safeguarding my home and access to it. When we reached the hill where the portal was located I unleashed my machines at tremendous numbers around me and ordered them to create a simple, defensible fortress utilizing the schematics that were preprogrammed into them. I also ordered my machines to build even more robots who'd serve as the defenders of the fortress, and who'd be ordered to go ahead and begin rounding up wild animals to serve as the very first members of the first attribute farm I'd ever create. 

All in all, due to my ability to deploy machines, create machines within me to replace them, and then deploy them again, ad infinitum I was able to easily create a small fortress in minutes. As a result of that, I was able to effectively transform the area around the portal into an extension of my will, a fortress inhabited by loyal agents of mine who were capable of fighting and defeating an entire army without my intervention. I was also able to infect local lifeforms, such as grass, and trees with organites, in case I ever needed to do anything else to protect the town or my first bits of territory, but couldn't leave Earth. 

When I was done, I utilized my powers to return to the city of Tegucigalpa, alone and ready to perform more miracles. I found myself in a rather inhuman form invisibly making my way towards the hospital of San Martin, eager and ready to help people, as I radiated a potent, restorative aura that naturally sped up the healing rates of anyone who I wished to heal. 

3