Chapter 6 The Attacking Soldier
121 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shooting ranges for big games have no suspense.In my shooting competition, I kneel and shoot from 200 meters away.At the top of the list was last year's winner, Liu Yiyuan, commander of the sixth Legion, and I was scheduled to be the last to appear.Because our regiment commander was so good at keeping it secret, the other regiments didn't even know I existed.

Watching Liu Yuan almost complete the process of raising the gun, aiming and shooting, with example action, "Pa...Pa ... Pa!"
Five bullets were fired.The target reporter raised the red flag: "forty-six rings!"It was the best result I had ever had before I came on the court. Others thought he was the winner.

Liu one yuan back to the body, my mouth is not idle, polite seems to be a few words: "your gun hit true accurate".Liu Lianchang looked at me, a nameless man: "A few more years of practice, you will have such a priority."I rolled my eyes. There was no time to turn back. The distance inspector shouted, 'Shen, get ready to fire.'"

I raised my rifle, stared at the target, and began to prepare, but the process was not repeated.Five rounds later, the target reporter remained silent for a short time (as if it were the usual practice).At the urging of the distance inspector, the target reporter shouted hesitantly: "Fifty rings".

There was a noise in the line behind me, and when the score was announced, there was a small disturbance on the podium.
Sure enough, a line of men came down from the stage, one of whom I looked very familiar, and our colonel was standing next to him. Damn it, the deputy general rank, deputy commander of the military district!

The target announcer hoisted the target over his shoulder, the deputy commander checked it himself, and told the colonel to whisper a few words.After a few words, Captain, our smiles turned to bitter smiles.I listened carefully, and dimly heard the words "ten turns to each bullet" and "Wasted in your regiment."

Finally, the deputy commander spoke to me."Your name is Shen?You're good at shooting. You'll have to work harder in the future."He saw my rank, frowned, and said, "Not even a noncommissioned officer?" our regimental commander interrupted, adding, "He's a recruit.He's not old enough to be promoted to sergeant."

The deputy commander said, "Then make an exception.First, you're promoted to sergeant, then you go to a military academy."
My heart was happy, as if I had broken the threatening spell of sinking my family into the military academy.To his surprise, the vice commander backed out: "No, Shen is a real fighting genius.Studying command at a military academy would be a waste of his talent."

When I felt disappointed, someone in the crowd below said, "Why don't you bring him to me?I have very high recruitment requirements, but I will not waste Shen La's talent, and I can appropriately promote his rank."I watched a major general smiling at the deputy commander.

"No" did not think of the deputy commander looking at that major general straight shook his head: "you are not our military area, with what to pick up this cheap?"Major General ha ha a smile: "don't say so, Commander Zheng (I only know he is the deputy commander of the military area Command, really don't know his surname), I come here is not to help you choose talent?Besides, I know you are setting up a special agent battalion directly under the military area Command, or should I ask my people to come to you and provide you with the help of an instructor for half a month?"

The admiral narrowed his eyes for a long time, as if to decide whether the deal would be worthwhile.Behind him, someone whispered something in his ear. After hearing this, he smiled and turned to the major general, saying, "I heard that in September, a group of your soldiers will be discharged from the army and transferred to other professions.Don't get discharged just yet. Let them come to our area for another two years.I'll give them two ranks, and then it'll be good for them to change careers.What do you think?"

The major General smiled and did not hesitate: "No problem, they depend on Commander Zheng for your care.""What trouble?That is called win-win, win-win, ha ha "looks like Zheng Deputy commander is picked up a big bargain.

I was not qualified to give an opinion on the side, watching myself being "sold" by the chief.The shooting competition was the last event of the competition. Major General seemed to be afraid that Vice Commander Zheng would go back on his word and did not attend the final announcement of results and awards, so he took me away in a hurry.As an aside, my shooting result was cancelled that day. Liu Yiyuan won the championship of shooting competition for a long time.But when the award, Liu company commander said heatstroke, did not go on stage to accept the award.

Leaving the field of play, I was taken straight to the airport.In my hurry, my personal belongings were left at the regimental headquarters. It was not worth much, but it was difficult to buy them again.I wanted to ask for leave to go back to get it, but as soon as I gave the reason, I was stopped by a lieutenant colonel who was leaving with me. "Don't take those things," he said. "You will be compensated for them later."

Five hours later, the plane landed at the Capital airport.When I got off the plane, There were already three SUVs with military license plates parked on the runway."Get in."Maharaja patted me on the shoulder.

Along the way, the major General kept his phone on the line (it was on military bands, which did not clash with civilian ones, and could be used on airplanes), and the other people with him were so busy that I couldn't get a word in.This is the first time he has spoken to me.

After a four-hour drive, I don't know where I am.Is it out of the capital?Is it difficult to reach hebei province?It wasn't until after 11 p.m. that the bus pulled into a military camp.After eating some food, I was tired and put into the barracks for a night's sleep.

When I woke up the next day, I was taken to an office.The owner of the office is the lieutenant-Colonel who was with the Major General yesterday.Before speaking, the commander took out an envelope and said, "These five thousand yuan (about $1,000) are compensation for the personal belongings you left behind in the former military command."

Five thousand!My heart shrank and my hands trembled slightly as I took the envelope.It's not that I'm shortsighted, it's just that I haven't touched so much money since I was a kid.As a recruit, my monthly allowance is only a few hundred yuan (about $100), which is not enough for my own consumption.When I was a child, my grandfather gave me one hundred yuan of lucky money(1) for the Spring Festival.  In my eyes, it was a huge sum of money (if I put it in my wallet for a few days, my mother would take it back).

Later, I lived with my third uncle for so many years. Although he was a deputy battalion commander, his monthly salary was not much, and he had to send half of it back to his hometown to support my grandfather (2).The third uncle's money on the drawer, and I said to take money, but usually there is no place to spend money.We eat canteen all the year round, in addition to occasionally improve the life, is to buy me clothes, shoes and socks what, the third uncle is that a suit of armed police uniform, often do not change clothes.

After Seeing me take the envelope, the colonel got down to business.The major general who sent me away was General Li Yunfei, political commissar of the Chinese Special Forces Brigade.The lieutenant-colonel himself was a squadron leader, and I was assigned to his command.That means I've been a special forces soldier since now.

After he introduced the history and significance of our special forces, he began to talk about the topic I was interested in: "Our special forces battalion is under the direct jurisdiction of the military Department. Your rank will be temporarily changed to second lieutenant, and your rank will be re-evaluated after one year..."Third uncle is a lieutenant. I have been in the army for only three months, and I am already only one grade below him.Later I promoted captain, major (my vision is small, did not dare to think of a bigger rank), my third uncle goodbye I will salute and shout "yes, Sir!"?

And so I began my life as a special forces soldier, but it was a lot more boring than I thought.Every day is nothing but training.Now that I think about it, my previous exhausting recruit training was just a warm-up exercise here.

I'm not an "iron man",  the five-kilometer cross-country run with 20 kilograms of gear every day makes me feel like I'm going to die.The first time I ran no more than two kilometers, Tired stomach food flowed back from my throat, and I lay on the side of the road, foaming at the mouth. Others, who did not know what was going on, thought it was an epileptic fit.More terrible is that every day after lunch, to hold a brick hanging rifle, put two hours shooting posture, tired of my heart only scold, the gun is to fight the enemy, not to torture their own.

Fortunately, I still have an hour of target practice every day, which is basically my venting time.After my first shooting at the target, the old soldier who had laughed at me all day was shocked. Couldn't the recruit hit anything but the ten rings?

Happiness is always short lived. A month later, I was called to his office by the squadron leader.He threw me a report saying That I had not passed any training except shooting, and that there was still a long way to go before I could get a passing mark.The squadron leader scolded me, "Give me one more month, and if you fail, you go back to your unit!"

A month later, my grades had not changed much, and the squadron leader still said, "Give you another month, if you don't pass again, you go back to your unit!"

Three months later, I heard it again: "One more month..."

Note: (1) Lucky money: During the Lunar New Year, the elderly prepare some money wrapped in red paper for the children as their blessings.But parents often take the money back for fear that the child will waste it.

(2) Since ancient Times in China, it has been the custom for children to raise their parents who have no source of income.

1