Chapter 14 The Cry
114 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No, I just think you look like my third uncle. His hair...Also quite white "I do not know why would say so, only felt the white man's cold eyes make me nervous.I can't build a relationship with him, I said to myself.

Without the answer he wanted, the white-haired man lost interest in me.Standing in front of the mummified body said coldly: "Give you a chance, where is the core(1)?"The mummified one seemed not to hear, his head bowed and he continued to tremble.The man with white hair cold hum 1: "The opportunity I only give once" stopped to speak again when the tone fell to the freezing point: "the person dead also can start again, you are the dead person alive, once again die completely dead(2)."

At these words, the mummified body shuddered, looked up at the white-haired man's limp drooping, and raised his arm to point in the direction of the tower of the human head.The white-haired man takes a look in the direction the mummy points: "Thanks", then lifts his leg and gives the dry corpse a hard kick in the head. "Bang!"With a sound, the mummified body's head was kicked to pieces by the white-haired man.The mummified corpse that we had worked so hard to solve in the darkroom had no strength to fight back at the foot of the white-haired man.Although this guy doesn't seem to be keeping his word...

"Didn't you say give it a chance?"Song Chunlei's reckless character showed up again.For a while, the surrounding is very quiet, all the people (except the white-haired male) are looking at Song Chunlei with a helpless eyes, especially Lao Wang, see his posture, anxious to block the Song's most, look at the occasion to speak will die?

The man with white hair was not angry, only coldly looking at Song Chunlei.Song is not convinced, to speak, was prevented by the old king: "Song Chunlei you shut your mouth!Who are you speaking for?Is that monster a relative of yours?"Finish saying to the man with white hair: "you don't mind, this guy crazy, don't with him general knowledge."At this, Lao Wang paused for a moment, looking at the white-haired man's hair and hesitating for a moment what to call him.I don't know what to call you, my friend."

The white-haired man ignored Lao Wang as if he had not heard him.He walked to the front of the head tower and turned around. The white-haired man suddenly reached out his hand and piled up the head tower.This unheralded gesture startled me, and I guessed that a 'ghost' had taken possession of his body in the tower of heads.

Hundreds of dried heads rolled on the ground in a scene that scared even the brave Song Chunlei.He stepped back a few steps to avoid the head that rolled to his feet.

There's something in the head tower!The man with white hair pulled a golden skull out of the collapsed tower.I could see clearly that on the top of the skull was a string of symbols painted in what looked like red paint, but I did not know what they were.

The white-haired man's expression was very serious. He did not avoid us, but knelt on the ground in front of us, bit his forefinger, and drew a pattern on the ground with his own blood.Lao Wang they do not know, I looked at it is not strange, he is drawing a spell(3)!The bald man who taught me how to wash my hair in black dog blood used to draw this spell on yellow watch paper.Although the two of them are not exactly alike, but the artistic conception is still the same.

After the final stroke, the white-haired man placed the golden skull in the middle of the spell.Will fingertip blood drop a few drops in the skull above, mouth muttered, although do not understand what to say, but see his sweating appearance know this matter is not trivial.

At the end of the last syllable, the white-haired man, with a dagger in his hand, thrust it into the centre of the skull.I thought there would be no suspense. It would be the dagger.Unexpectedly "when" a sound, the white-haired man's arm was bounced high, short sword also almost let go.

A blow failed, the expression on the white-haired man's face became ghastly.With a bite of his teeth, he smeared the blood of his forefinger on the blade, then bit the tip of his tongue and sprayed the skull with blood.He shouted, "Open!"Hold the dagger in both hands and stick it straight at the top of the skull.

This time there was no sound. The dagger went straight to the bottom and the skull fell apart.Before I could understand it, the hall was suddenly filled with a wailing sound, like the cry of thousands of people, sad and pathetic.

I was shocked. Lao Wang and his friends were still staring at the white-haired man as if nothing had happened.Only the fat man a face of fear, the corner of the fat from time to time shake a few times, looking at the public trill voice way: "You did not hear?"

Lao Wang looked away from the white-haired man. "What do you hear?Is there anything wrong?"

The fat man began to freak out. "There are thousands of things crying!Can't you hear me?"Lao Wang and Liu Jingsheng listened with their heads sideways for a while: "No, it's your illusion, isn't it?""It wasn't his imagination," I could not help it. "I heard it, too. It was crying...A lot of people are crying."

"No way, Shen. Why can't I hear anything?"Lao Wang pricked up his ears, but found nothing.

The white-haired man looked away from the fragments of the golden skull, glanced at me and the fat man, and said coldly, "You two have ringing in your ears. Take a breath and hold it for a minute."

Really?Fat Man and I looked at each other. Thousands of cries were true.A scene this big is tinnitus?We both took a deep breath and held it for a minute.

The hands on the watch just over a minute, the fat man put out a breath, open mouth desperately to his mouth back and forth.His chubby face was turning purple. "Suffocating me, how are you?"Are you all right?" said the fat man to me.

"Don't compare our special forces with you. It's only for a minute, that's all.I can hold my breath for three, five, seven minutes. "Although my physical performance in the team was the bottom of the crane all year round, I had more lung capacity than Fat Man.For a moment, I had a vague sense of accomplishment...

"You brag."Fat man pie pie mouth, suddenly changed a pair of expression: "Yi?There was really no sound of crying at all. Was it tinnitus?"His look of surprise was more than words could express.

Incredible as it was, the cry of terror had really died away.At first I could vaguely hear a few cries, but when I had choked out my lungs and breathed out a few breaths of fresh air, the sad sound was really completely lost.

There was no sound of crying, but I could not believe for the life of me that it was a ringing in my ears.Looking at the white-haired man picking up the fragments of a skeleton, it could well have been him.

Lao Wang had been standing nearby watching the white-haired man, but at last he could not help walking up to him and saying, "My friend, I am a soldier and I am used to speaking straight from the heart. If I say something wrong, don't worry about it.I dare not say that I will report to my superiors, at least let some of us know."

The white-haired man had picked up the last piece of debris and watched Lao Wang for a while. "Do you really want to know?Know too much you may regret "" You don't say understand me more regret" old Wang firmly said.

"Ha ha!" the white-haired man gave a rare smile and said in a different tone: "This is the altar of the ancient Dian Kingdom(4) two thousand years ago. After every war in the Ancient Dian Kingdom, prisoners of war were gathered here.After the autumn to worship the gods, and then all the prisoners of war together to kill worship gods."The white-haired man pointed to the direction of the pool at the entrance to the hall:" Drain the pool of blood, then cut off the head, make the head tower, and place the body around the altar."

"You say the pool is black with blood?Hasn't it solidified and evaporated after two thousand years?"I interrupted

The man with white hair looked at me and said, "The pool is mixed with a lot of mercury. When mixed with human blood, it will not evaporate naturally."

Fat man listen to shake head: "why do you say so detailed?As if you had seen it."

The man with white hair ignored the fat man and continued, "The promethean you met before are the wizards here. They all committed suicide at the end of the ancient Dian kingdom.These wizards killed a lot of people who were afraid their souls would go to hell when they died.So before they died, they practised dian witchcraft on themselves so that their souls would not leave their bodies, that is, the living dead."

This kind of sorcery violates the laws of nature and has two fatal shortcomings.Every once in a while they need to suck the life energy of the living to keep their bodies moving, otherwise their bodies would rot to dust even if their souls could exist forever.So over the years, this group of wizards has been ordering their descendants, who live outside, to lure in the living for them to suck the life energy."

"And the second fatal flaw?"'asked the fat man.

"Second disadvantage, these prometheans can only die once, and if they die again, they are truly dead."

Lao Wang stared at the white-haired man and said, "It's not your first time here, is it?The prometheans seem to know you."

The white-haired man made no attempt to answer his question. "This has nothing to do with you. It is my personal business."

Lao Wang looked at the man with white hair for a long time without words.I coughed a few hints that he didn't respond.He had no choice but to ask the white-haired man, "If you can get in, you must also take us out.At least help us get that wall open and get back on our own."

The white-haired man shook his head. "The ghost door is the door in, you can only open it from the outside when you close it, now you can only go out through the front door," he said, echoing The words of Mort.

But there are at least three prometheans in it.A promethean was killed by good luck and the narrow space in the darkroom.If three or more prometheans come out, the best we can do is die with them.

Note: (1)core :In Chinese legends, some people learn to use supernatural powers and use special props to set up formations.
Some of these formations are evil, some can be used to protect, some can be used to attack.
Every phalanx has a core, and when the core is broken, the formation is broken.

(2)In Chinese legend, when most people die, the soul leaves the body and goes to hell. Be judged in hell, and if you are not guilty, you can erase your memory and be born again. But some people use supernatural powers to keep their souls inside their dead bodies, which are the living dead.

(3)spell:In Chinese legend, spells are simple formations that usually require special materials (such as blood) to be written on special paper.It has a similar use to the formations.People who use these things generally have supernatural powers.

(4)Dian Kingdom:A small country that existed on the southwestern border of ancient China around 300 BC.

 

 

1