Chapter 15 The Pool
123 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There is only one way ahead.As soon as the white-haired man showed signs of wanting to move on, the crowd gathered around him.The fat man had the cheek to say, "Let's go together. We can still help each other."Lao Wang and I are a few people are ashamed, this shameless fat man, also bashful to say, who is to help who?

The man with white hair did not object, but said lightly: "If you want to go, follow" then no longer pay attention to us, stood up, to the direction of the dark room leisurely walk.

Lao Wang lined up for us. He, Fatty and Song Chunlei followed the white-haired man. Li Yan and I were in charge of escorting Mott's men (Mott's body was carried out by the drug dealers).Unable to stand the fat man's constant persuasion, Lao Wang gave him a captured AK-47: "Here you are. I don't want it. Please keep your mouth shut."

The fat man held the gun in his hand, but still kept talking in his mouth: "Guns can give people courage, how many guns, people's courage is how much.Chairman MAO said you can build a country if you have weapons.Countries can be built, let alone given courage...."

I couldn't stand his chatter. "Shut up," I said. "Even a cannon won't make you brave.You ran the fastest when we came out of the dark room just now."

Fat man refused to obey: "you what all don't understand, that is just in the hand have no gun, not to brag with you, even if shoot through 100 meters of leaves I can't, 99 meters of leaves I can hit.If there were more prometheans, I could easily kill them."

Captain Wang glared back at us and said: "Bah!Shut up, both of you!How many more monsters do you want?"

The man with white hair went not fast, after entering the dark room, he saw the promethean who had been shot in the head, and looked at the wound on Lao Wang's face: "Was it splashed with its brain?"Lao Wang touched his bandaged cheek: "I don't know what's inside its head. It looks like sulfuric acid and burned a piece of flesh off my face."

The man with white hair took out a small paper package and handed it to Lao Wang. "It's thicker with water, and you can grow new meat quickly by applying it to your face."Haven't wait for Lao Wang polite, fatty rub come over: "big brother with white hair, just seem to also splash my back a few drops, now also straight itch.How many packets will you give me of that medicine?"

"I say, you that is a long time no bath, sweat turned into salt."I patted the fat man on the shoulder.

"Really really, or you can see for yourselves," the fat man pretended to take off his clothes.The white-haired man ignored him and went into the back door of the darkroom.Big Brother with white hair, who saw him, ignored him.The fat-shan took off half of the clothes and put them back on, and mumbled: "Isn't it just a packet of medicine?Stingy..."

Out the back door was a long, narrow passage.The white-haired man was clearly not new here, and he did not pause at the occasional fork in the road, turning left and right and leading us to the bottom of the passage.

All the way, our men with guns were in a state of terror, not knowing where the missing prometheans would spring from.Fortunately, I didn't see anything until I came out of the tunnel.

Beyond the entrance of the passage and into it was a huge pool of water.The entrance to the tunnel was only a hundred meters from the pool, and there were hundreds and thousands of bodies piled in dense heaps.Not all of these bodies were mummified, some of them not long after death, but almost all of them, owing to the humidity of the cavern, had undergone a considerable degree of decay, and some had rotted to a skeleton.The stench was so strong that it was almost suffocating.

Fat person wu is worn nose to say: "this return call living door?Damn it, out of the tiger's lair and into the Dragon's pool(Chinese proverb, meaning to go from one dangerous place to another)..."If he wanted to say anything more, he could only walk away resentfully as everyone stared at him.

"Captain Wang, look at that," Zhang Yunwei's tactical flashlight pointed at a long object on the ground not far away.The old Wang looked, by the light of the torch, at an old rifle. The metal of the shot was all rusty, and the butt was almost rotten.Judging from their appearance, they are either the "Zhongzheng" type rifles of the Republic of China or the 38mm rifles produced in Japan.

"This also has" Li Yan USES dagger to stir up to come a black metal block, saw along while ability recognize is fabled in "tortoise shell" -- the south of Japan 14 type pistol.

The farther I went, the more I found. There were new waterproof compasses, broadswords that had rusted into iron bars.A fallen skeleton frame held a feng shui compass in its arms.The bodies of three foreigners were even found. They were not long dead, and their physical features suggested the Caucasian blond hair and Caucasian constitution.

Nearby were two empty-fired AK-47s and a shotgun.An inspection of the trio's belongings failed to identify them, but a bundle of detonators and five kilograms of plastic explosives were found in the backpack.The detonators and explosives were wrapped in waterproof bags and kept very well.All that was left was a jumble of engineer shovels, climbing ropes and miner's helmets, and more than $8,000 in his pocket.

The old king angrily say: "that king bastard Lao Lin exactly deceive how many people come in?"The man with white hair looked at him without speaking.Liu Jingsheng said, "Lao Wang, it's a pity to throw away the explosives and detonators. Take them with you. Maybe they can be used on the road."

Lao Wang nodded and turned to me and said, "Shen La, you can take the explosives and detonators with you." Before I could answer, the fat man walked up to him and said, "Let me get it. You also have 10 to 15 kilograms of equipment.Let me take these things for you."

I was wondering how the fat guy could be so nice all of a sudden, until I saw him pick up the dynamite, carry the Remington shotgun behind his back, and put the thousands of dollars in his pocket as fast as he could...

Further on, at the edge of the pool, there was an underground cavern. Overhead, hundreds of stalactites hung in rows, several of them pointed out to the surface.The water was dark and bottomless, and it had been easy for a few of us to swim across it, but now, apart from the drug dealers, the thought that there were at least three prometheans lurking nearby would put us in danger if we met them in the water.

Lao Wang went to the white-haired man's side: "Excuse me, how to go?"Before the white-haired man could speak, a drug dealer in the background snapped back: "Report, I know. Is this a meritorious service?"This guy is smart. He was involved in smuggling over a ton of heroin.Now that the principal culprit is dead, they may be given heavier sentences or even sentenced to death when they are tried.Now a meritorious performance could be commuted to life imprisonment.Life imprisonment is better than death penalty.

"Huh?You know?"Lao Wang glanced at him, and he had seen many such things before: "Speak up if you feel like it, and if you don't, you will be given a heavier punishment."

"I said," The drug dealer didn't dare waste this opportunity: "I've been here with Mort a few times before, and we can get out of this pool.""Nonsense," Lao Wang scolded, "I just don't know how to cross this pool, swim across it?"

The drug dealer did not answer, but ran straight to two bags on the shore.The two pieces of tarpaulin were lifted to reveal two sampans.The sampans had motors and propellers on it.The two sampans were upside-down on the bank, covered with camouflage, and looked like mounds of earth in the distance.

Seeing the hope of going out, we were slightly reassured.Lao Wang arranged for two sampans to be towed into the water.The sampan was not large, but one boat was large enough to carry ten people.More than a dozen of us split into two groups, and the boat was finally moving, only slowly, to avoid the stalactites and stalagmites that surrounded it.

"Finally getting the hell out of here...Damn it, this job...I'm going to sleep and have nightmares..."The fat man became even more excited when he got on the boat. No one paid any attention to him, but he began to talk to himself.In stark contrast to him was the white-haired man sitting in front of me.He frowned and said nothing, as if he had not thought through something.Lao Wang and I tried many times, and also asked about the golden skull in the hall, he finally replied: "It's none of your business."

"Captain Wang, look at the fish in the water," song Chunlei shouted with a tactical flashlight on the sampan.Look along the beam of the torch.Several groups of swimming shadows appeared around him.Swimming around the sampan, it looked as if there were schools of fish on the move.

"Huh?What kind of fish is this?Fat man sat on the edge and saw some fish swimming close by, and the fish was not scary, so he put out his hand to catch the fish.

'Leave it alone!The man with white hair suddenly held out his hand to stop the fat man."What do you mean?A few fish, but you don't keep them."The fat man was not happy.

The man with white hair also ignored him, stretched out his hand in the side of the boat virtual draw a circle, index finger in the center of the circle poke once, the water jumped up a strange fish, in front of the fat man in the empty circle, again fell into the water.

Fat man see clearly, strange fish body has no scales, but many feathers.Not only that, but the fish's mouth was full of sharp teeth, and half a human finger was hanging from the tooth...

 

1