Chapter 18 Participation
107 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The speaker was a tall, chubby, middle-aged man, unlike some fat man who was still spitting water, with a kindly face and a slightly upturned mouth, and a natural smile.It's very approachable.

Ignoring him, the commander turned to the sentinel and said: -- Who let him inWhy did they let in unidentified people?"

The bearer looked at the squadron leader with smiles as if he had not heard, and when he had finished, he took out a document from his handbag and handed it to him: "Are you Captain Zhang?Please sign for it."

The squadron leader glanced at him, took the document, and his face changed.After hesitating for a while, he still returned the document to the bearer: "No way!Not even the captain himself!My men have died in it, and I must go in and find out for myself how they died!"

The captain's reaction in the middle-aged fat expected, he nodded, seems to be in the expression of the captain's attitude to some kind of recognition.After waiting for the squadron leader to say that finish, the middle-aged fatty leaned forward a few steps, said with a smile: "I understand your mood, you zhao brigade is also in the execution of the order, say..."Then he dropped his voice and whispered something in the captain's ear.I pricked up my ears and didn't hear what he was saying.

The squadron leader's look at him became a little abnormal, like I saw Wu Mian in the hall when the first time: "the country really has you this department.""You should have come earlier..." he said in a slightly dejected tone.Say that finish no longer pay attention to this middle-aged fat man, turned to a few small captain slightly dejected and said: "go back, here does not belong to us.”

In this way, we inexplicably back.On the way back through the wild mugshot forest outside the Dead Man's Pool, I found that there were still seven or eight men dressed like middle-aged fat men there. They somewhat avoided us, and when they saw us leaving as soldiers, they went to the dead man's Pool one after another.

On the way back, I and Song Erchunlei, Li Yan and narcotics police fatty four people alone were arranged in the same car.Meanwhile the fat man asked to see the head of drug enforcement, but was refused.Fat people do not have what psychological burden, in the car after eating, leaning back to sleep.

The sacrifice of Lao Wang was a great blow to me, Song Erchunlei and Li Yan, the three survivors.All the way, we did not talk to each other, I want to take a nap, but a closed eyes think of Lao Wang carrying me to finish the ten kilometers of cross-country panting appearance.

We returned to the troops at the same time, the superior issued an order: all the personnel to participate in the mission, not to discuss the process of action without permission, violators according to the crime of leak.

Song Chunlei and I were arranged into four single rooms in the military hostel.We were temporarily restricted in our range of activities. We couldn't go anywhere except to the room.Well, we're used to the duty of following orders.The food was much better than in the barracks, with three meat and one vegetable dishes, fish and meat at every meal.If you're bored, turn on your cable TV and watch the 50 or so channels.

But fat man can not stand this kind of 'treatment', do not know whether he undercover when long, the character how much some disobey management.He could often be heard Shouting at the caterer.Said he is a police is not a soldier, even to explain the situation, the location should not be the military hostel, this is a restriction of his personal freedom, also said to hunger strike, but to eat time, or heard him shouted: "not enough to eat, more..."

After five days, the troops finally arrived.It was a member of the brigade office surnamed Sun.To my surprise, Sun Did not ask me the details of what happened after I entered the hall.

He only spoke highly of the valiant battles we had fought between the falcons and the narcos.Captain Wang Donghui and several other soldiers in the seriously wounded situation, but also continued to fight, and finally drug leader Mott died, heroic sacrifice.Captain Wang Donghui and several other sacrificial soldiers pursued him as a martyr.Shen La, Song Chunlei and Li Yan won a second class merit award.At the same time, all three were promoted to one rank.Comrade Sun Desheng (fatty) by the drug enforcement department separately reward.As the anti-drug operation is classified, all those involved are not allowed to reveal the secrets.This is the end result, the responsibility being taken by mulder who's dead...

It seemed to be over.I went from Lieutenant Shen to Captain Shen, already one rank above my third uncle.Happy not a month, one day at noon, I was called to the brigade office, reception of the same secretary Sun, he told me a message: "Comrade Shen La, superior leadership decided to let you retire ahead of schedule."

I was stunned.Why are you messing with me like this? I've only been a captain for a few days?The day after my promotion, I told the news to all my relatives back home.My grandfather called the matchmaker of the whole county to his home on the same day, has begun to marry my wife.Now tell him the old man, I discharged from the army ahead of time, he will be angry to die before beating me to death.

At the beginning also thought, is because of the yunnan dead pool implicated in the matter, but Li Yan and Song Chunlei have no sign to leave the army.The explanation given by the squadron leader was that my comprehensive scores were not ideal except shooting (hovering around the qualified line). After the brigade held a meeting to study, it was decided to let me leave the army ahead of schedule.

My protest had no effect, so I was forced to leave the army.Fortunately, when I left the army, my rank was relatively high, even if the transfer to the next level to assign work, I can become a sect-level cadres.

When I got to the discharge office, Director Zheng, who was in charge of the transfer affairs, gave me an unusually warm reception. His overenthusiasm made me feel a little flattered.I thought it was my luck to know such a good man as Lao Zheng, until A few days later I understood.Ah, don't say, I am still too silly.

"This place is just like home to you. Don't hesitate to ask for anything. I'll help you."Lao Zheng looked at me and said with a smile.

I sighed and said, "What requirements can you have after you are discharged from the army?Director Zheng, as you know, I am discharged with the rank of captain, so I'd better transfer to a place at the same level.B: well...There are also a few small requests, I will not do anything except as a soldier, if the enterprise or public institution is afraid to do not give people trouble.If can enter governmental orgnaization best, as to specific unit I do not pick, public security law division what all right, Industrial and commercial duty wu I also can.I wouldn't use it if I were the city manager...

One more thing. You know I'm not from the capital, but My heart is in the capital.See if you can find a department nearby that can accommodate me.Director Zheng, as you can see, I really don't have any requirements. That's all."

To be honest, I learned this from former war veterans.It would be in my interest to raise the offer a bit, because Lao Zheng would not lower his demands too much, even if he could not meet them too high.

However, after hearing my words, Director Zheng burst into laughter. At first, I thought he was amused by his anger. Then I explained, "Actually, Director Zheng, I can go to a state-owned enterprise, as long as the salary is better.Whether he's in the capital or not..."

Before I could finish speaking, Zheng smiled and waved his hand, cutting me off. "You misunderstand me," he said, "I am laughing at the coincidence.As it happens, I do have such a unit in my hand, which is not much different from what you asked for."Then he took a piece of paper out of the drawer and handed it to me. "Here," he said, "in a government office in the capital, a director-level clerk."

Zheng handed in an application form for a transfer to the "Bureau of Folklore Research".Yet I have never heard of such a state organ.I looked for it on the paper, but I didn't see any introduction of the unit.I just heard Lao Zheng urging me on: "My good friend, you come coincidentally, I only have such a quota in my hand.Such units are usually very popular.If you'd been a little late, you wouldn't have known who it was.Why don't you sign it?Not satisfied?"

"Satisfied, director Zheng you introduce how can not satisfied?"I didn't have time to look at it, so I quickly signed my name at the sign-off.

"You don't have to give it to me. Just take it when you sign up. It has the address on it."Seeing that I had already signed, Zheng immediately put away his smile and changed his serious expression. Then he spoke in a formulaic way: "Ok, it's all right, you can go.Good luck in your new position."

In this way, I left the veterans office, I do not know why the heart always feel wrong, where the specific wrong can not be said.Well, don't want it, anyway is to pick up a big cheap.But what exactly is this bureau of Folklore Research?Still no clue.I asked almost everyone I could reach, but no one could tell why.

When I returned to the army for the last time to go through the transfer formalities, I met the squadron leader, who seemed a little guilty about my early discharge.It was unnatural to see me.Discovering his guilt, I offered to greet him and took out the application form to ask about the Bureau of Folklore Investigation.

I didn't expect that when he heard that it was the Bureau of Folklore Investigation, his face suddenly changed.He looked at me as if I were a stranger and kept asking me if I had asked to go.For a moment, I was a little uncertain.Why is he so scared?Unfortunately, when asked again, the squadron leader refused to say, finally he made an excuse to go.

I began to panic.Fancy captain's reaction, he is to know what to refuse to say.I heard that before he was seconded to Zhongnanhai(Where China's leaders work.), as a temporary guard for a few days, but I did not see him have such a reaction.

What are these units?Don't know can't say, know dare not say, have a problem...I even thought about giving up, but the idea soon died away.Government agencies in the capital, or officer-level staff, give up?Am I crazy?

1