The Cause
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A man with a smile on his face walking with a crowd of people desperately trying to fit in but stands out like sore thumb because he felt something the others didn't, Guilt.
The Factory, a government unlike the others who viewed they people like tools, The Factory viewed them as actually human beings.

They knew that the people show the most of their potential with true freedom to truly express themselves with different ideas utilizing their creativity. That freedom can never be possible in today's world including a government, everyone can't be winners.
The Factory needed the people to be predictable so they can pinpoint their actions and thinking while maintaining their sense of freedom. They made and support ideas like religions and beliefs for a different perspective of life while limiting them with rules, commandments, personalities and society's standards, all of this to obtain the uttermost use of them, simultaneously getting the least. Being poor and homeless to scare them into working. The people being distracted and delusional conditioned by wide range of entertainment in every direction. Highlighting and showcasing differences among the people to keep them fighting with each other but never at The Factory. A system that immortalized itself through the wants, desires and needs, even the consciousness.

"You look pregnant" said doctor Steve frustrated.

"I'm pregnant?" said Adam as Steve put on the same worn out smile during the other times he heard it.

"I'm really losing my patience" a heavy sigh followed.

"Oh no doc I'm not doing anywhere, its nothing that bad" Adam said while struggling to 
sit down. "I'm not dying or anything it's just that same way I can stop my hand from moving, I can't stop the bad thoughts from getting into my head" Adam looked around the room with a smile on his face desperately looking for anything that makes sense. His eyes stopped on a bowl with a goldfish inside, the goldfish was just swimming around not hurting and lying to nobody, without a care in the world with no goal in sight until it was time for lunch Adam face held the same look of amusement just like the first time he saw it.

"May I suggest a drug" said the doctor with a apologetic look.

"No no no my father always said people uses drugs runs away from life, on their way to die they go" he chuckled, Adam kept joyfully looking at the goldfish that can simply just be in its world that has no care about the outside that is filled with death and misery, he found it so beautiful until he saw his reflection. He was a murder before he knew he was a murder. Adam was in a program called Working!!! where anything he did to live and survive such as eating, talking to people, indulging himself in entertainment and helping people cost lives. They showed him all the dead body "This is the price you have to pay for being alive, You wouldn't want the war to be lose so that them can take over right? You now exactly what needs to be done" Adam was devoid of emotion he was lost with a compass, he knew exactly what he has to do. He exploded at The Factory, louder at himself.
"Yes! Yes! Yes! Victory to The Factory!!!" Steve felt a feeling he couldn't explain, the worst kind.

"I feel like shit"

"You always do"

"You came here walking on ants, swinging your hands to kill anything that's smaller than your fingertip so why do you feel anything when I kill another person" Collin said to himself.

"Don't worry niece Sarah all of The Factory's work is for the benefit of the people. The war will end soon, now let's go I'm sure you're tired" He said with a smile and his arms comforting Sarah's shoulder as they walk out the battlefield.

Collin was a man that has feeling with a conscious that has a personally that perfectly fit in to the puzzle that is society to get whatever he wants and need in life.

Walking through the battlefield filled with corpses, somehow it didn't feel anything different from walking in the city. Walking with and through the crowd seeing so many people with different lives and stories but in the end in front of death all of it didn't mean anything was a thing of beauty for him.
Those people with simply living their lives that was predestined for them, going with the flow was all it was but the thought of this horrified Collin so much he ran away. He didn't know at what point in his life he realized it nevertheless he did , he could already saw his life before his eyes all he needed to do was live it. Going with the flow creates the brain-dead and Collin was not going to be in anyway part of it, He ran to the battlefield where unpredictability is at it's highest which he didn't know if this was his last day or not, he wouldn't be so stupid to die for the The Factory's ambitions. Seeing the corpse piles on each other like tower was a spectacle he heard of all his life, for him the smell was the most unpleasant. All your life you heard how millions have died also how people suffered by the the horrors of the world I'm sure you feel a strong emotion such as hatred towards it then you go on about your day with a care in the world laughing at any little stupid joke completely forgetting what the world has done. This kind of series of events boggles Collin's mind, yes he understood people do not have to internalize absolutely everything they encounter in life and make it personal but he couldn't get rid of a since of hypocrisy within them. He couldn't blame them they just didn't know how it felt so they wouldn't care until it was related to them in a closer way, the people who have no feeling keep giving the orders so it will keep happening.

Collin walked to the base wondering why he was thinking of all these pointless thoughts since they led up to nothing such as life, Collin smiled.

0