Chapter 1: Rebirth
67 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Black.

Everything is black.

I don’t know why. I can’t remember why.

The last thing I remember is that damned prison cell. After that, nothing

But that all changed. I know I haven’t been in here for long, but I’m already leaving it.

I feel myself being pulled away from the darkness, down a tunnel of light.

What’s on the other side…

Blackness again. But this time, there was a little light seeping through.

I figured my eyes were closed. So, I opened them.

It took a while, but the light finally condensed. I could see where I was now.

The room was dark, but not dark enough to the point where I couldn’t make out anything. The wall in front of me was the first thing I saw. It was white, white to an unnatural degree. In the middle of the wall, there was a circular cutout with a circular object inside. It took me a while, but I realized that the wall I was looking at was not a wall but a ceiling. So what was the circular thing? I guess I’ll find out later.

I realized then that I was laying on my back. Naturally, I tried to get up, but either there was something holding me down, or I just did not have good control of my body. Knowing my luck, it was probably the former.

Luckily, there was no such problems with my neck. I was able to lift my head up to the point where I could see the wall in front of me. The room I was in was not big, only around 3 or meters on each side. I was sitting in a fenced enclosure of some sort, while to my left was a big bed. The bed had white sheets, a white blanket, and some very comfy-looking white pillows. Sleeping on the bed were figures I could not properly make out. To my right, there was a window of sorts, but I could feel no air coming through it. Strange, is there something covering it?

As I was pondering what it could be, I looked at my own body. It was not my body.

To be precise, it was my body. I could move it, if not very well, but I could move it nonetheless. What perplexed me was it’s size.

It was that of a baby’s!

Wait, did this mean… I became a baby?!

It was horrifying to think about. I opened my mouth on reflex to scream, but what came out was a baby’s cry.

I cried for only a few seconds before the figure next to me got up, strode across the room, and pushed something on the wall. The circle in front of me lit up, and I looked away instinctively. Then, the figure at the wall – a woman’s figure – strode towards me, stopping as she got close to the baby enclosure. She picked me up gently, putting one hand under my back and another to support my head. Then she said something.

“My … Lucy, … … having a …? … down …, Lucy, you … … just …”

It sounded like the language I was familiar with, but not at all at the same time. It was almost like it was either a less-developed, or more-developed language. I tried saying “who are you?” in response, but what came out was more baby noises. It look like my speech has not been developed yet.

I looked at the woman, studying her. She had pale white skin, and long, brown hair. Her blue eyes were very much like the eyes commonly seen in the kingdom, which made me think that I had not strayed far from it. Her big chest was barely seen in the long nightgown she was wearing. I did not know what it was made of.

Suddenly, she shifted me to her right arm, as she took her left arm to her chest, and pulled down her gown. Wait… is she going to-? Am I GOING TO-?!

Her big left breast was fully visible now, and she coaxed me towards it. Lady, if you think I’m going to do what I think I’m about to do, then I’ll-

As I was brought towards the breast, my instincts kicked in, and my mouth went for the big nipple. Suck. Suck. Suck. I did it.

After sucking for what felt like an eternity, I finally felt full, so I stopped sucking. As I did, the instincts wore off, and I was able to regain control of my body. But this time, I did not want to make a fuss. Apparently, I was much calmer now, thanks to my being fed.

The woman shifted me to one arm again as she pulled her gown back over her now-wet breast, and she put me back down in the enclosure. After I was safely in, she pulled a blanket over me, saying, “My … Lucy, you … … sleep … … worry, … here.”

Again, I couldn’t decipher some of the words. I guess I’ll learn them later. Anyways, the woman slowly rocked the enclosure back and forth. The gentle, soothing rhythm of the pattern calmed my body down, and I drifted off to sleep shortly.

When I woke up again the room was flooded with light. It did not come from the circle in the ceiling, but rather from the window. Since I could not properly move my body, I took the time to try to assess the situation.

First, myself. Why was I a baby? I was clearly an adult when I was in that prison cell, so how did I become a baby? Did I travel in time? No, this does not look like my room… So did I travel to another world? I loved that concept in books, but the realist in me could not see that situation being a possibility. So then, where am I?

Second, that woman. Who was she? I truly did not know which woman would speak that lovingly to a baby. Could it be… my mother? I had heard of the concept of motherly love in the novels about commoners that I had read previously, but neither I nor any of my close friends had ever experienced that sort of feeling from our mothers. But right now, that was probably the most realistic option. And the name she repeated… Lucy… was that my name? It probably was, considering I was the one she was talking to at the time. That was a conjecture I was willing to make. It meant that whoever I was, I was still a girl. And her breasts… I’m envious. Wait, if she’s my mother, then does that mean I can get big breasts as well? I was always on the flat side, but that was expected as my mother then also had small breasts. Anyways, I’m getting off track. If she was my mother, I figured I would be doing a lot more of that as well.

That was only the beginning of the mysteries. For example, what made the light turn on? I couldn’t sense any mana from it. Now that I think about it, I couldn’t sense mana from anything in this room, even the people! Did this mean that they have no mana? Do I have no mana?

I looked inside me for the mana, and I could feel it. Only, somehow, this mana was different. It was almost as if someone took mana, and supercharged it, that’s how it felt. I would have to experiment with this later.

For now, I could do nothing more than wait for something to happen. I was a baby after all, and babies don’t do much.

Announcement
New Story Alert! This one does not a schedule, I'll just write whatever and whenever and post it like that.

Well, this is a side story which stars the same main character as my other story that I am writing, one WITH Spirits and Magic and whatnot. That one is currently untitled (becuase I hated the original) so I would appreciate suggestions.

Summary of that one: Girl Dies, becomes a spirit, gets cool abilities, gets modern day knowledge, comes back to past times and does things differently.

Continue with baby storyline?
  • Continue Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Skip to 5 years old Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Bananas Votes: 1 11.1%
Total voters: 9
1