Arc 1 (Conception): (8) Gazina City
504 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(8) Gazina city
While my emotions were in turmoil from realizing the risk I was taking after being in a relationship with Zuya. This risk was not confined to me but can become the demise of all of the village.
Meanwhile, Pata and Tuner talked about many things ranging from daily life small things to village happenings and what was happening in the political arena of noble houses of Gazina city and even tried to invite them to their discussion. But I had no time to do any pep talk when facing a do or die situation.
Looking at my troubled face, both older men thought of something and decided something. If only I know what these two old men were thinking in their minds.
We had reached the city by the time sun was setting, and darkness was spreading. After seeing Tuner's cart coming from the forest road in the dark before the scheduled time made guards at the gate suspicious, and the Captain in-charge of this gate came especially to meet Tuner. You have to know that this side of the city does not see much traffic apparat from the regular visit of Tuner to the adventure guild.
Further, the recent rumors of a bandit group have settled in the forest.
This unsettled guards for extra vigilance, thinking of any attack or infiltration attempt of bandits. There is a quest to caul these roughens, but now big adventurer parties will not move unless price money and or other benefits are considerable, but this can not happen as there are only three small villages with little to no value to city power-houses, and as for small and new adventure parties will meet their demise if they dared to move anywhere near them. So, Captain now has to be extra careful when guarding this side of the gate, so was also unsettled and asked, "What happened, Tuner, suddenly changing your schedule?"
"Nothing of importance, just old business with the guild."
"Looks like you are doing very well. Needing to hire a new worker."
"No, this old boy is here to get re-issue of the lost card and be a man. ;)" and Tuner winked to captan.
All the guards who so this started to laugh and comment,
"Do your best, boy."
"Drink Turmeric milk before going."
...and so on
and whistling started.
This really lightens my mood. I realized that this visit might have extra fun for me.
----
Gazina city
When I finally entered the city. I was overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of change in the environment. While outside, the gate is a dark forest filled the world with little to no construction, but within these walls, all I could see was tall and beautiful buildings and fancily dressed people walking on the vast and clean city roads. These were little to no dust on the road. For the first time, I show a magic street light lamp. While it is dark due to the setting of both suns. But this city is still full of light that the setting of both suns does not affect. There are no people outside the city. Even the villages feel disserted after seeing the streets full of people walking here and there.
On the roadside, I can see many multi-story large buildings are made of stone or bricks. I could now feel why Tuner would say that posting in our village is punishment after seeing how you can buy everything you wish in shops, and there are places known as the tavern, to each and every type of food and drink various types beers or wines or alcohols. Also, there are inns you can live after paying. You do not need to care about cleaning and to make the bed. This was like I have been sent to a new world.
Further, This effect became deep when I realized that we have been walking on our carts' for a long in this city and has not even reached the central region's gate yet. I could not help but look at how people in the city were talking and interacting with each other. It was totally different. People will instantly move aside when some carriage with nobles comes, but we have to regularly shout and make noise to clear the road for our carts.
We have been walking for a long time. I believe that our village has more than 500 people living in it, but this number has to be overwhelmingly large in the city. I can not even fathom the size of the population in this city. So, I asked the only person I know can answer,
"Hey Tuner, How big is this city? How many people live here?"
"This city is a small city with a size of about 50 km2 and a population of 1.2 million. You might not realize this, but there are cities much bigger than this."
----
When I thought that I have seen the whole city, we arrived at another gate. There was a line of 3 carriages and 20 people for entry in this gate. There was another small gate in which people are passing without a problem. It is a gate for servents of people living in the outer city to go inside. They had a special card issued to use this pass. This new wall was also made of red-stone like the outer wall, but this wall was much higher in height, about 30 ft, while the outer wall was only 20 ft. When our turn came, the guards asked us to produce the ID card and were not as friendly as the guards we meet earlier.
"Show your identity cards!" (guard)
"This is my adventurer card, and these two had to get their new cards issued." (Tuner)
"Okay! then one of us had to follow you to make sure that there is no problem." (guard)
And one of the extra guards came with us.
The adventuring guild, the church of light, etc. such major institutions were all within this wall, also known as the noble wall. This wall separates the area where noblemen or other people can live. Here roads were more expansive and well lighted. Shops were more luxurious, and all other buildings were big Mansions and are made of colorful and pricy stones like white marbles. People would walk on the sidewalk, and roads were occupied by luxurious carriages, carrying various men and women in beautiful clothes. People here were well dressed, not like in our village
where most people wear one piece like me.
You could also see guards walking on foot and on horses on the road to maintain law and order. I was again introduced to a never seen new reality.
I know that to get respect and power, you have to be able to live here. I was jolted out of my dreams by the sudden stop. I show that we were parking our cart in a compound of a large building complex. I could see the adventure guild signature sign of a man cutting the wolf neck with his sword.
The compound was filled with people in strange attires with weapons striped to side or back, while few have staffs in hand like Haku. Everyone was talking among themselves in a group of 4-10 people.
----

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated.
If you wish to know more about the story in advance of Public release. Please join my Patreon to access up to 7 advanced chapters and maps.
I know you want to learn more about the story!

4