Arc 1 (Conception): (11) Life
474 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(11) Life

The next morning, the first thing I did was to check the bag Zuya gave me. It has 258 gold coins and property right papers of Zuya's family villages property. I got more confused after seeing this. I know that she asked me to meet her in the city to buy her village property. It was like I got more questions than answers form this bag. I needed to meet her soon, she will live in the village, and these questions will be unanswered. But seeing me come out of the room, Pata and Rena told me that Zuya's family servant came to them to inform that their housemaster has said that I should not try to created trouble for them today or there will be bloodshed.
I know that to Zuya's family, I was the only one in the whole village who can become thrown to their dream city life luxury. So, I moved to the second person who could be of help.
This was the first time I was going to Tuner's home in the day time. I realized that it was closed and so I moved to his office. He was working sitting in the office.
"I was expecting you to come. So, how are you fairing." Saying, he walked to the door and closed the door behind. "I know you might have many questions after getting what you got yesterday."
"How do you know?"
"I have to say that you are really a lucking boy. For such a good girl to love you. I was the one who actually purchased the property. Zuya wanted to make sure that you have enough resources to have a good life after she left the village."
"Then the money?"
"You see, I should not tell you this in practice, as you are not the person involved. Since Zuya asked, I will tell, She will be married to Prakash Sharma, a noble in Gazina city and will be his 37th wife. As the dowry gift, he gave his family the life of luxury they wanted and 10,000 gold coins to ready Zuya. She initially got 1,000 gold of it as pocket money. Which she used though me to buy her family assets and give it to you. While rest is what was left after the deal. So, know what you want to do?"
I realized that even now, Zuya was taking care of me. Now all my emotions were just numbing from the anger I had on my powerlessness.
"I am not clear. I never have the privilege to manage such a big sum. What do you suggest?"
"I know that you are not going to live in the village that Zuya will live it. So, I will give your parents the property to manage, as they are well-versed in this. While using the money to establish yourself in the city."
"You are right. But it will be you who will give my parents the property to manage, not me. As I never have these properties, to begin with to everyone's knowledge but you. Also, I would like to start a business in the city."
"Good idea. Now leave as I have to escort the Zuya and her family to the Gazina city."
----
If you ask why there are not many other people in my story until now. I would not have been able to answer it. But today, while returning from Tuner's office. I know why? Zuya's family is one of the richest ones in this village and has claimed to noble house origin in the past. Many were intimidated by this family, but this family's sweet voice was going out with a commoner boy of no skill parents. This scared these people.
Since it was known that Zuya and her family will leave the village to their noble life.
I became the target of all the wrongs they felt towards her family.
"Here comes our sugar boy. Who dreams of noble life by sucking feet. hahaha... "
"how much did you got for each day? hihihi..."
...
----
I came home and locked myself to the room. I needed to know what to do. I want to see Zuya for one more time, but that will bring more harm to all than anyone's happiness. So, I need to act like an adult, not like a kid.
I had 258 gold coins. This was not more but also not less. I don't have much idea about things to do. One thing I know was I could buy a few slaves with this to help in the field. But this will not allow me much help. Looks like I need to wait until I get my skills.
It was night time when I came out of my room and went for dinner. No one said anything today at dinner.
----
Now, I started to follow my daily routine of going to the field with Pata and study with Tuner. My parents were pleased to see me back in life without being losing myself to hopelessness. While everyone thought that I am over it. But I was fuming in my heart. I want to do everything to make sure that I can live with people I love.
----
On the day Tuner Return village, the village chief, Manoj, invited him and Haku to home for a get-together.
"How are you, my old friends?" (Manoj)
"Same old! Same old! What did you dring from Gazina?" (Haku)
"I am also ok. Here is your favorite Park wine." (Tuner)
All three take a cup of this fine wine from the Park Kingdom.
"So, even in this far end of human civilization, we are not free from our old sin." (Manoj)
"Don't talk like you were part of that intentionally. You are even taking care of girl to date."(Haku)
"Rahul and Kiran feared from telling you because of your dedication to the church of light." (Tuner)
"They told only to you both from the start?" (Haku)
"No, we asked them after seeing how they would always be on their tail and ready to run all the time. We initially suspected them to be criminals and confronted them. Then they told us their story." (Tuner)
"And we did not want to put your dedication to God Currian to question by telling it then and risking the life of us all."(Manoj)
"What this has got to do with my God. You should have trusted me more than."(Haku)
Haku knows that he could not blame these guys. He really was a blind believer in those days and would not even question what was taught by the church. Even if that was added for the others' personal gain, not as the teaching of God.
"Past is past, Haku. See how much you have changed with time." (Tuner)
"So, When are you going to let any woman in your life, Tuner." (Haku)
The solemn atmosphere further dropped. Haku might have asked this question to lighten the moment, but He knows that this was something he should knot have asked. He looked regretfully to Tuner then to Manoj, as if asking for forgiveness for what to come.
"You should know that I could not love anyone after seeing how the Woman I loved was burned for just being in the same area as their target home. Whenever I try to get close to any woman. All I see is the burned hot body of Hena in my arms. As if even time has not able to cool her skin...even today, I wish. I had proposed her before the tragic day. I could have at least told her how I felt for her.
She would never harm anyone. She would take care of her family by running her food store. All this for what something that was not even there. Sometimes I really hate myself.
Yesterday, When I saw the Zuya girl's face, I could see how we again watched someone being ruined. I think instead of being the dog of this system, I should kill some noble and die." (Tuner)
By now, Tuner was totally emotional and lost to wine.
"Don't be foolish. You know what will follow your action. You can not blame yourself for what happened at that time. Even if you interfered in the case of Zuya. What awaits us is the massacre of the village. Just to prove their point." (Manoj)
While comforting Tuner, both Haku and Manoj helped him to his home. They both know that they might have something that day, but who lost most was this brother of theirs. Since then, Hidden behind his face is a scared soul of a young man who could never give up his feelings to his love.

----

Please like and comment on this chapter. It will keep me motivated.
If you wish to know more about the story in advance of Public release. Please join my Patreon to access up to 7 advanced chapters and maps.
I know you want to learn more about the story!

5